4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Close to the "finish line"

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2016, 10:07 PM
Sandmanbjj
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by WJL
Hey just an FYI, from reading a lot of post on this forum, everyone is saying buy the OEM throw out bearing they say even the FORD Racing is not as good as OEM.

I don't have personal experience with it but i'm telling you i have read this on at least 25 or more posts.

Good luck, can't wait to see it finished
The one that cracked was ford racing. And I am replacing it with oem. I can see a difference in the flange where the Ford racing Tob cracked.
Old 05-23-2016, 10:17 AM
Sandmanbjj
2nd Gear Member

Well my inexperience shows its ugly head.
I had the flywheel, clutch and pressure plate all bolted up. And I noticed the rear main seal and deal plate weren't there (after I bolted it up)
I had to take it all apart and order a dowel kit Because pulling the dowels out of the old block was not happening. So now I have the parts and I'm going to get it assembled today. May even put the bellhousing on. Then start cleaning out the engine bay. I have to order new heater hoses, broke one connector but that's ok.
I am learning I know sooooo little about something I thought I knew a decent amount about. I will know this car inside and out when I'm done
Old 05-26-2016, 01:49 PM
Sandmanbjj
2nd Gear Member

Engine bay scrubbed and nice and clean. Motor bolted to the transmission.
My next step is bolt the driver side header on, then the motor mounts, then drop it in the car.

Old 05-26-2016, 04:26 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Damn man that's gonna be a beast when she's done! Hey man what part of LA are you from? I'm from a real small town called Jonesville (by Alexandria). I'm thinking about driving the stang home in Aug. Maybe we can hook up bro!
Old 05-27-2016, 02:27 AM
Sandmanbjj
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Soldier GT
Damn man that's gonna be a beast when she's done! Hey man what part of LA are you from? I'm from a real small town called Jonesville (by Alexandria). I'm thinking about driving the stang home in Aug. Maybe we can hook up bro!
Thanks man. It's been quite a project for me. I'm in lake charles. Just holler when you plan on passing through.
Old 05-27-2016, 02:36 PM
Sandmanbjj
2nd Gear Member

Driver side header, heater valley hose, dip tube and motor mounts on. Getting closer.
Old 06-06-2016, 09:03 PM
Sandmanbjj
2nd Gear Member

Motor is back in. I broke my steering rack but its back in. I also had to pull the transmission off. So i will have to put that on from underneath. I just didnt have the length on the hoist to get it all in assembled.
Old 06-07-2016, 02:48 PM
WJL
3rd Gear Member

How did you break the steering rack?
Old 06-07-2016, 05:00 PM
Sandmanbjj
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by WJL
How did you break the steering rack?
My hoist was pressed up against the bumper (same from the side on the fender) and it just didn't have the reach to lower it in properly. So was lowering and adjusting in small increments. But the guy I had help me went the wrong way on the hoist release and dropped it a little fast and It smashed the lines on the steering rack.
It's in and sitting on the motor mounts on the k member. So it's all goodone now. I will swap out the steering rack Thursday when it comes in.
Old 06-11-2016, 12:23 PM
Sandmanbjj
2nd Gear Member

Pulling my hair out trying to get the transmission back on the motor!!! I have the patience of a pissed off hornet in a room full of screaming kids.
Any suggestions?

Quick Reply: Close to the "finish line"