4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.
View Poll Results: A poll
A package: stoplight smokeout
45.45%
B package: bye bye in the corners
9.09%
little bit of both
45.45%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

drag or track

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2005, 05:35 PM
blueangelfightr
5th Gear Member

Default RE: drag or track

ORIGINAL: DreamKing

Dude, Mustangs were not designed to handle well. You can put all sorts of nifty suspension parts on it to make it handle well, but if you're going for a car that pwns in the corners, you should've bought a different car. Make it fast in a straight line or sell it.
I agree. Make the car go fast in a straight line and close your eyes and hope for the best when you see the corners (your gonna need it) lol.
Old 10-26-2005, 05:38 PM
Fallstar01
4th Gear Member

Dude, Mustangs were not designed to handle well. You can put all sorts of nifty suspension parts on it to make it handle well, but if you're going for a car that pwns in the corners, you should've bought a different car. Make it fast in a straight line or sell it.
I disagree. You can still make a mustang that is killer in the corners. Companies like Griggs, Maximum Motorsports, Kenny Brown and even Steeda exist because mustangs have decent handling potential, especially the 05s. I see nothing wrong with making a Mustang handle better and personally I think it's alot cooler to rip a mustang through a course than a miata.
Old 10-26-2005, 05:39 PM
redass02gt
EXTREME Moderation

ORIGINAL: blueangelfightr

I agree. Make the car go fast in a straight line and close your eyes and hope for the best when you see the corners (your gonna need it) lol.
see the saleen version of the stang. it handles very very well in the corners, so you're wrong. wrong!
Old 10-26-2005, 06:08 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: redass02gt
see the saleen version of the stang. it handles very very well in the corners, so you're wrong. wrong!
Do you realize how much money it would cost to make a GT pull .95g?

There is a reason why a Saleen cost over $40k [&:]

You can go ahead and do all the suspension mods, but after the 6 months of eating bread and water only to save the money, it'll still be slowwww as *****, what's the fun in that? For 20k cheaper you could of had a slow Honda that handled better stock LOL
Old 10-26-2005, 06:34 PM
Fallstar01
4th Gear Member

A saleen is about the stupidest possible cost comparrison you could ever make for a well handling mustang.
I'll say that a miata handles much better out of the box but seriously you can make a Mustang handle much better with the right parts. If you want any suggestions, just ask.

Old 10-26-2005, 06:38 PM
redass02gt
EXTREME Moderation

ORIGINAL: Dan04COBRA

You can go ahead and do all the suspension mods, but after the 6 months of eating bread and water only to save the money, it'll still be slowwww as *****, what's the fun in that? For 20k cheaper you could of had a slow Honda that handled better stock LOL
I never said it would be cheap. but with a saleen you're paying $$ for the name as well. I just wanted to give an example that shows you can make a mustang handle well.
Old 10-26-2005, 07:30 PM
Fallstar01
4th Gear Member

Depends on which class you want to race in. It gets more expensive as you go up but even the most extreme guys don't spend much more on their suspension than most guys do on a supercharger and either one has just as much of a dramatic effect on your driving experience as the other.
Old 10-26-2005, 07:57 PM
blueangelfightr
5th Gear Member

Yep. For me speed is first and corners are second. The way I see it is if you put enough room between you and the car your running in the straight then you can slow down for the corners. lol.
Old 10-26-2005, 08:07 PM
Fallstar01
4th Gear Member

Yep. For me speed is first and corners are second. The way I see it is if you put enough room between you and the car your running in the straight then you can slow down for the corners. lol.
I hope you weren't agreeing with his Saleen comment... That has nothing to do with speed. They cost 90% styling/name and maybe 10% speed/performance. I've never seen a Torque Arm/Pan Hard Bar, Watts-Link, 5 - Link, Advacned Geometry IRS or anything else that I would consider a serious change to the mustang suspension come from their racecraft setup... just overpriced nonadjustable shocks and struts, a swaybar upgrade and maybe non-coilover springs *yawn*
Old 10-26-2005, 08:10 PM
blueangelfightr
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Fallstar01

I hope you weren't agreeing with his Saleen comment... That has nothing to do with speed. They cost 90% styling/name and maybe 10% speed/performance. I've never seen a Torque Arm/Pan Hard Bar, Watts-Link, 5 - Link, Advacned Geometry IRS or anything else that I would consider a serious change to the mustang suspension come from their racecraft setup... just overpriced nonadjustable shocks and struts, a swaybar upgrade and maybe non-coilover springs *yawn*
One of the things saleen is know for in mustangs is handling.

Quick Reply: drag or track