4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

MAF and IAT sensor fail

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2017, 07:34 PM
Sallystang2v

Default MAF and IAT sensor fail

My 02 mustang gt has a MAS and IAT sensor going bad it also says that my c and d coil pack are bad could MAFS IAT to go out or the other way around. I also read that it could be faulty wiring, my cars driveability is also garbage I can be pushing half way on the gas and it'll only go about 30 at 5k rpms if any one could tell me what rout to go on trying to fix it or should I just take it to ford. I tried cleaning the MAF
S and I tried testing the connection and I don't really know what I'm doing testing the wires thank you I would appreciate the help.
Old 05-15-2017, 06:36 AM
WhiteFoxGT
Resident Ford Troll

depending on the year the MAF and IAT are the same component, try unplugging the MAF and taking it for a ride. If the car feels better way then replace the MAF. The coil codes are most likely not related
Old 05-15-2017, 10:17 AM
Z28KLR
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by WhiteFoxGT
depending on the year the MAF and IAT are the same component, try unplugging the MAF and taking it for a ride. If the car feels better way then replace the MAF. The coil codes are most likely not related
OP has an '02, which should have the integrated MAF/IAT sensor. My "late" '01 which has a hodgepodge of the early/late stuff they changed during that model year has the early version with IAT located downstream of the MAF.