4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Mach 1 Engine For Sale, 8 Grand worth of upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2005, 06:12 AM
neogenic83
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Mach 1 Engine For Sale, 8 Grand worth of upgrades

he has it set up for N/A and N20 by the looks of the specs
Old 10-28-2005, 01:21 PM
paulstang
3rd Gear Member

i so wish i had money
Old 10-28-2005, 01:50 PM
Fallstar01
4th Gear Member

Yeah so, I've got to ask, why are you selling it? I have a hard time understanding why anyone would go through all of the trouble to get the engine into this kind of condition just to sell it off after 1k miles unless something didn't work out quite right. It would be nice to see a dyno sheet to see what the powerband looks like.
Old 10-28-2005, 06:00 PM
ProjMach1
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DreamKing

ORIGINAL: ProjMach1

2003 mach 1 engine rebuilt at 10k miles. currently has 1040 miles on it.
This engine has over 7500 invested in it.

Mods.

Manley forged Rods
Cp Pistons 11:1 compression (forged)
Cp high performance (overisized ) rings
Lighten and balanced rotary assembly (crankshaft, pistons, rods, flywheel (stock flywheel)).
Aluminum diped block
honed and bored 30 over on block.
Resurfaced deck
High performance Main cap and rod bearings (speed pro)
All new core plugs
Heads aluminum dipped
Manley swirl polished valves
Stainless steel valve springs (crower)
Titanium retainers (crower)
Stage 2 Crower Cam (intake : .472 exhaust : .473)
Ceramic coated combustion chamber on heads
Ceramic coated piston face
Ceramic coated valve face

All specs availible ( clearances etc.) all written down, have pictures of rebuild (not on computer).
Obviously all the gaskets and seals were also replaced.
Will be dynoing it very soon.. but let me assure you BIG diffrence from stock. very nice lope on idle too.

Asking 8500 or best over..
Let me know if anyone has any questions.

and for those who don't really know what the ceramic coating is for, ceramic coating basically blocks heat. 33% of the heat availible from your fuel is lost through the piston, block , and heads disapating it. If you ceramic coat the combustion chamber it doesnt allow much heat to escape.. More heat = much more power
:O)

Huh? More heat = more hp? Perhaps, but what are you compromising? The hotter the engine temps the shorter the life of the engine will be. Just think about it, the engine is much hotter when run at redline than 1500 rpm because you have an increased amount of revolutions and the explosion is much larger and more powerful. And if you always ran it very hot (at redline) the engine wouldn't last at all. An engine that "doesn't allow much heat to escape" doesn't sound like a good engine at all. But perhaps you can enlighten me.

The engine it self isn't running hotter, the combustion chamber is able to maintain more of its heat instead of disapating the heat that we're trying to maintain. THe mach 1 engine is all aluminum, the valves that i have put in here are made to disapate more heat more rapidly (for a longer life span and better performace). the face of each .. piston, valve, and head combustion chamber was ceramic cated, the rest is still there. where you do want to disapate heat is from the piston skirts, you want those to disapate heat as quickly and efficinetly as possible so you don't over expand , crack etc.

This combonation of parts put into this engine was thoguht up by, VT engines.com , Mustangmagic.com, the head instructor at my school who also happens to drag race. I learned alot with them, and if its one thing i can say for sure is, the majority of the money was put into this engine to make it "bullitproof", not so much raw horsepower. Don't get me wrong, this thing rips like crazy, but i did not sacrifice reliability for 1 or 2 extra hp, and none of the parts were cheap (price or material). Think about it also this way, if you guys can put nitrious on a stock engine, or a turbo, or a supercharger, and the stock factory parts can handle that kind of heat, don't you think forged internals should do the same, if not much better. The idea behind the ceramic coating is, basically why waste hp. Its being more efficient by using more of your fuel, instead of letting most of it go to waste. (p.s. i have a high pressure oil pump on this engine too).
Old 10-28-2005, 06:07 PM
ProjMach1
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Fallstar01

Yeah so, I've got to ask, why are you selling it? I have a hard time understanding why anyone would go through all of the trouble to get the engine into this kind of condition just to sell it off after 1k miles unless something didn't work out quite right. It would be nice to see a dyno sheet to see what the powerband looks like.

well when your friend goes and puts a 2.4 L kenne bell blowzilla supercharger and blows you out of the water with a stock engine haha it kinda pisses you off ha. To be honest i'm in no hurry to sell it, but this was done during school under instructors supervision and it was built so i don't lose any reliability since i am severly voiding the warranty haha. But long story short, i'm going to another school in orlando florida to furthor my training, and specialize in forced induction. Kinda want to see what a twin turbo mach one could do haha. i'd like to give my friends 620 hp cobra a run.

P.S.

i am getting the car dynotuned on saturday of next week at xxtuning in east hartford CT. i live in CT for those who reach to contact me about any other questions my email is Hellaskh@hotmail.com

also im kinda angry that i have to dyno it with 34 lbs saleen wheels haha, they make the car look mean but when it was stock and i put those on you can def tell that it slowed it down. Now you can't tell as much, but with the 4.33:1 gears, aluminum driveshaft *(both coming soon) and my current mods, you won't notice. and for the record, you can n20 as high as a 50 shot saftley which im still debating about.
Old 10-28-2005, 06:08 PM
ProjMach1
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: CJFANNI

WHERE IS THE CAR LOCATED AND HOW CAN I REACH YOU
Connecticut (bethlehem) and Hellaskh@hotmail.com is where you can reach me... like i said above if you watn to wait for dyno specs, it will be dyno tuned next saturday at xxtuning in hartford CT.
Old 10-28-2005, 06:13 PM
Fallstar01
4th Gear Member

I've heard that 1 lb of unsprung weight is the equivilent of 6 lb of sprung weight. So if you've got 34 lb wheels compared to 22lb stockers, you've added 40 lbs of unsprung weight which compares driving around with a 240 lb friend in your car. I'd definitly see if a friend can swap some wheels with you for the dyno.
Old 10-28-2005, 06:15 PM
ProjMach1
1st Gear Member

I've heard that 1 lb of unsprung weight is the equivilent of 6 lb of sprung weight. So if you've got 34 lb wheels compared to 22lb stockers, you've added 40 lbs of unsprung weight which compares driving around with a 240 lb friend in your car. I'd definitly see if a friend can swap some wheels with you for the dyno.
yeah that sucks *** haha, who lives in CT that wants to lend me some wheels?!!!!?!?! ha
Old 10-30-2005, 04:20 PM
DreamKing
2nd Gear Member

well when your friend goes and puts a 2.4 L kenne bell blowzilla supercharger and blows you out of the water with a stock engine haha it kinda pisses you off ha. To be honest i'm in no hurry to sell it, but this was done during school under instructors supervision and it was built so i don't lose any reliability since i am severly voiding the warranty haha. But long story short, i'm going to another school in orlando florida to furthor my training, and specialize in forced induction. Kinda want to see what a twin turbo mach one could do haha. i'd like to give my friends 620 hp cobra a run.

P.S.

i am getting the car dynotuned on saturday of next week at xxtuning in east hartford CT. i live in CT for those who reach to contact me about any other questions my email is Hellaskh@hotmail.com

also im kinda angry that i have to dyno it with 34 lbs saleen wheels haha, they make the car look mean but when it was stock and i put those on you can def tell that it slowed it down. Now you can't tell as much, but with the 4.33:1 gears, aluminum driveshaft *(both coming soon) and my current mods, you won't notice. and for the record, you can n20 as high as a 50 shot saftley which im still debating about.
Your engine is beginning to sound worse and worse. If you have such an unbreakable engine, and you want to twin turbo a car, why not just twin turbo your mach? I'm beginning to wonder if this might be one of those cases where a guy invested $50k into his mach one to make it perfect - modded the hell out of every part of it - and then it was stolen. The car was subsequently stripped (this happens VERY often) and is now being sold part by part. No one would sell a completely built engine capable of huge amounts of hp after 1k miles unless there was extreme desperation (A MAJOR, UNEXPECTED FINANCIAL CRISIS), I think. You wouldn't sell it because your friend is a little faster than you two days after you finished it, in other words. If the engine is built, it's not the engine that's the limitation, it's the forced induction.

Regardless, something is very fishy here! Not to mention the fact that he provided about 10 answers for why he's selling it, and just about all of them seem to be in jest. Potential buyers... be careful.
Old 10-30-2005, 06:11 PM
ProjMach1
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DreamKing

P.S.

Your engine is beginning to sound worse and worse. If you have such an unbreakable engine, and you want to twin turbo a car, why not just twin turbo your mach? I'm beginning to wonder if this might be one of those cases where a guy invested $50k into his mach one to make it perfect - modded the hell out of every part of it - and then it was stolen. The car was subsequently stripped (this happens VERY often) and is now being sold part by part. No one would sell a completely built engine capable of huge amounts of hp after 1k miles unless there was extreme desperation (A MAJOR, UNEXPECTED FINANCIAL CRISIS), I think. You wouldn't sell it because your friend is a little faster than you two days after you finished it, in other words. If the engine is built, it's not the engine that's the limitation, it's the forced induction.

Regardless, something is very fishy here! Not to mention the fact that he provided about 10 answers for why he's selling it, and just about all of them seem to be in jest. Potential buyers... be careful.

excuse my french buddy, but you are ****ing retarded. why wouldnt i just turbo this engine? who knows, maybe cause i have an 11:1 compression ratio? And i would have to take the engine out, purchase new pistons and rip apart the engine again, put it all back together, put it back into the car and then spend 7 grand for the turbo upgrade.
Why would i go through all that trouble when i can buy a crate engine from ford racing, or VT with low compression forged internals for about 4500 dollars. and have some money left over to invest into the forced induction. If you read any of this, my car was built at school while iw as in my engine mod. Now im no longer in that, im in eletrical.. I can not build an engine in eletrical mod cause its not what im learning. I dont have the place or the equiptment to do it at my house, if i wanted to re-do my engine. It would be much easir to put one in, and just do the forced induction when i go to my next school where im specializing in that. And then you also are questioning the fact that no one would sell engine capable of huge amounts of power or what not. Well not too many people take there 2003 car apart at 10 k miles a few months after they purchased it and void the warranty either. But im stupid like that... i also did say, im in no hurry to sell this engine, i might not even do it since ill be losing about 5 grand if i do. but i like to waste money apparently and thats my problem. i dont really feel like continueing this till i got pictures and video of the engine, and the dyno sheets, so think what you may untill i can prove otherwise. Who ever wants to see the car and you're in the area let me know, id be more than welcomed to show you it in person.

Quick Reply: Mach 1 Engine For Sale, 8 Grand worth of upgrades