4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Mach 1 is better then a Cobra

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 07:06 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

Default RE: Mach 1 is better then a Cobra

I'd love to see a stock or even modded Mach 1 hand it to me light to light. I love Mach 1's and I hope nobody takes it personal, but unless I fry all of first gear and all of 2nd, there isn't a chance it would happen.
Old 11-10-2005, 07:16 PM
antiv6
5th Gear Member

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-...86708183QQrdZ1

machs can also handle well into the 700's
790 rwhp w/o nitrous
Old 11-10-2005, 07:17 PM
blueangelfightr
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dan04COBRA

I'd love to see a stock or even modded Mach 1 hand it to me light to light. I love Mach 1's and I hope nobody takes it personal, but unless I fry all of first gear and all of 2nd, there isn't a chance it would happen.
I'd love to see your face when a supercharged or turboed mach blows by you like your stand still one day. There will always be something faster. Even if it is a mach.
Old 11-10-2005, 07:23 PM
blueangelfightr
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: antiv6

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-...86708183QQrdZ1

machs can also handle well into the 700's
790 rwhp w/o nitrous
Yea and that mach had a TON of engine work done to get there. They can't just "handle" 790 RWHP. EVERYTHING had to be upgraded. A GT can do that if someone put that kind of money into it. A cobra might be able to handle that with a stock engine. But once you get into all that engine work it doesn't make sense to compare anymore. I bet you this little 03 cobra would have no problem at all handling that mach.

Old 11-10-2005, 07:25 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

ORIGINAL: blueangelfightr

I'd love to see your face when a supercharged or turboed mach blows by you like your stand still one day. There will always be something faster. Even if it is a mach.
yeah, but you have a better chance of running into a GT that's faster than a cobra than a mach1 that's built faster than a cobra.
Old 11-10-2005, 07:32 PM
blueangelfightr
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nanaki

ORIGINAL: blueangelfightr

yeah, but you have a better chance of running into a GT that's faster than a cobra than a mach1 that's built faster than a cobra.
True. But the fast machs do exist.
Old 11-10-2005, 07:42 PM
AllVenom
3rd Gear Member

It is interesting to read thru all of the arguments. People bring up valid points for both cars and I think the point of the thread was to ask for opinions, not to bash each other's cars. It's what makes you happy to drive. Me, personally, would never give up my Cobra for a Mach, but for someone who cannot afford the Cobra a Mach is a great alternative and a pretty "quick" car.

I don't think I'd ever give up my IRS either for a rough riding solid. I mean honestly, how often are you at the track vs. how often you drive around town? The IRS can be made to be bulletproof with some cash.
Old 11-10-2005, 07:46 PM
paulstang
3rd Gear Member

well all i can say is i love them both and wish i could have one
Old 11-10-2005, 08:03 PM
StickShifty
5th Gear Member

personally i think that the mach is the better deal, less money and a good deal of performence. but the cobra is def the better car. but for the money the mach is better. i think that the cobra is not worth 36,000 dollars.
Old 11-10-2005, 10:18 PM
blueangelfightr
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: StickShiftyGT

personally i think that the mach is the better deal, less money and a good deal of performence. but the cobra is def the better car. but for the money the mach is better. i think that the cobra is not worth 36,000 dollars.
How do you figure? It beats every car in it's league and will run very closly to a Z06 which is about $20,000 more. It's also extremely easy to make 500 RWHP with one. There is a kit that can get you 575 or so for about $2500. Find me a better deal.

Quick Reply: Mach 1 is better then a Cobra