4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

what mod is next?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 01:51 AM
2000gtmustang
1st Gear Member

Default what mod is next?

got 4.10s about to go in my car....what should next 3 mod be and in order of them please.....already have slowmasters on it...plan on going with LTs and x pipe and full bassani...but wantthat to come in spring....
Old 11-14-2005, 02:51 AM
ZW99GT
6th Gear Member

Default RE: what mod is next?

ORIGINAL: 2000gtmustang

got 4.10s about to go in my car....what should next 3 mod be and in order of them please.....already have slowmasters on it...plan on going with LTs and x pipe and full bassani...but wantthat to come in spring....
wait a minute. So you are asking what is after gears, and full exhaust? Well, how much $ do you have to spend. There are alot of ways to go. Most common things are U/d pullies, CIA and TB/Plenum. It really doesnt matter which order. Some people wait for the TB/Plenum, but i say if its going on eventually, who cares.

If you got the dough, you could make a badass N/A car with Ported/PAtriot heads, and a stage 2 cam.

If you really got the dough, See about a supercharger kit.

Let me know what you want to spend and we can tell you what to do.
Old 11-14-2005, 02:55 AM
2000gtmustang
1st Gear Member

i want to do about everything i can....with supercharging it or head/cam work....wanna do all that down the road.....but CAI, underdrives alll that....what else cani do?
Old 11-14-2005, 03:01 AM
2000gtmustang
1st Gear Member

without**^^...heads/cam work and supercharger! yeh and havent gotten the full exhaust yet...should i get full exhaust b4 i get the other bolt on mods?
Old 11-14-2005, 03:01 AM
JoeyD
3rd Gear Member

I would do Lower Control Arms...
K Member

B/c seriously with lighter K member and etc...
Suspension and Weight reduction is VERY GOOD...
Im sure all will agree with me on that.
I would get some Steeda LC arms (or if you like another brand)
and then K member (lighter ones can take off almost like 30 lbs)
get some stickier tires (if you have stockers)

and then of course all the CAI,UDP,
TB, PLen, Diablo Tuner etc...
Old 11-14-2005, 03:04 AM
JoeyD
3rd Gear Member

if I was you I would get the
CAI, TB and EXHAUST all together... all works together and you will be set that way.
if you can afford it of course all at that time.

Really look into suspension/traction- plays a HUGE PART.

everyone always wants to add power power power... want to see big numbers in the HP range...
and forget how important traction weight and suspension are.
Old 11-14-2005, 03:08 AM
ZW99GT
6th Gear Member

If you are talking about supercharging, you will not need the U/D pullies. You might not need to buy a CAI either. Some s/c companys actually viod their warrenty if you use a different CAI than they say. HAve you done any apperance mods? You might want to do that while you are saving for that s/c.

GET A SHORT THROW SHIFTER!!!!!!!! Steeda Triaxe or MGW. Get one for SURE they are sweeeeetttttttttt.

If its gonna be a long time before you do the supercharger, you can get U/D pullies, cai, all that crap. I say save up alot. Like 5k in stead of buying all the small crap. As long as u got gears and exhaust, you will be ready for anything.
Old 11-14-2005, 12:29 PM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

ORIGINAL: ZW99GT

wait a minute. So you are asking what is after gears, and full exhaust? Well, how much $ do you have to spend. There are alot of ways to go. Most common things are U/d pullies, CIA and TB/Plenum. It really doesnt matter which order. Some people wait for the TB/Plenum, but i say if its going on eventually, who cares.

If you got the dough, you could make a badass N/A car with Ported/PAtriot heads, and a stage 2 cam.

Stay away from Patriot.
Old 11-14-2005, 01:51 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

Also, if you are on a tight budget, forget the UDP's as they will have to come off with a supercharger.
Old 11-14-2005, 04:27 PM
ZW99GT
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: code3GT

ORIGINAL: ZW99GT

Stay away from Patriot.
Ok, so I will not ever reccomend them again, becuase i have only "heard" they were good from my dyno tuner, but Code will you explain please? So i can tell people why not.

Quick Reply: what mod is next?