4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

SLP Loudmouth 2??

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2005, 02:24 AM
Matts00GT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: SLP Loudmouth 2??

There really is no performance diff. for the most part. It adds MAYBE 5 or so hp to the wheels assuming you are stock. But every 5 hp counts and eventually begins to add up. 5 here 5 there 10 here 15 there and before ya know it youve gained 35 hp.
Old 11-15-2005, 09:21 AM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

best comparison. LM1s are LOUD and deep, LM2s are loud and DEEP.
Old 11-15-2005, 12:52 PM
red2k1gt
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Car_Ramrod

red2k1gt...ive seen the video sound clips that you made and i like the sound of your stang...what kind of midpipe do you have? and do you have headers? or would i expect that sound with my stock mid pipe?
I have an o/r x-pipe on my car, that's my personal preference for any LM system
Old 11-15-2005, 05:19 PM
meebix
4th Gear Member

The cops dont like it though, I have been pulled over twice since I put it on, once last night but no ticket because the cop thought it sounded good...
You just GOTTA love the cops like that. I hate those idiots, they have nothing to do in nice suburban towns so they pull kids over with nice cars and ask them about it. Same thing happened to me with my tinted windows. A cop in the town I live in (bad enough) pulled me over for the tints and ended up talking to me about how fast the car was, how nice it looked, and what I did to it...

Its just retarded... But thats why Im not hesitating to get the LM1's because I live in a suburban town and if the cops really have nothing better to do they can come pull me over and talk to me about how nice it sounds again... Retarded.
Old 11-15-2005, 06:54 PM
DILO2001GT
I ♥ Acer

yeah i don't wanna hate on cops but i disagree when they pull ppl over for loud exhaust. i mean i can see if your doing burnouts and disturbing the peace but they shouldn't bust your ***** for it. i have been lucky with a few runs ins and they just write a warning. but every warning i got was in the rich yuppie towns next to us with cops that have nothing better to than that but its all good. they are there to protect so i will say nothing bad plus i wouldn't mind becoming one
Old 11-15-2005, 07:27 PM
mustanggtnsc

think im just gonna go with the LM2's and if its not loud enough for me after i get a new midpipe(catted x) ill switch out the muffs with the LM1's....that modular feature is sooo cool lol
Old 11-15-2005, 07:51 PM
red2k1gt
5th Gear Member

I have a hard time believing they wont be loud enough for you. Youll enjoy them a lot, just like everyone else that has put them on their cars.
Old 11-16-2005, 12:21 AM
Car_Ramrod
4th Gear Member

You just GOTTA love the cops like that. I hate those idiots, they have nothing to do in nice suburban towns so they pull kids over with nice cars and ask them about it. Same thing happened to me with my tinted windows. A cop in the town I live in (bad enough) pulled me over for the tints and ended up talking to me about how fast the car was, how nice it looked, and what I did to it...
its even greater when they pull you over for the tinted windows...dont say a thing about your car...and write you a ticket for your windows.[:@]
Old 11-16-2005, 12:30 AM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

it's not even a ticket really. it's just like a fine. doesn't go on your record. you pay the fine and send the paper in saying you removed the tint or exhaust and that's it. they don't verify that you've done it, it's like the honor system.
Old 11-16-2005, 12:44 AM
meebix
4th Gear Member

its even greater when they pull you over for the tinted windows...dont say a thing about your car...and write you a ticket for your windows.
Dammnnn, I havent yet run into that *******. Ive only had my car for about a year now, so it hasnt been too too long. I have passed many of them though, havent done anything yet. Just dont want to catch one on a bad day, heh. But the 2 times Ive been pulled over they just talked to me about my car, young guys. I don't really want to know what happens when I have illegal lighting, tints, and now soon my full LM1 exhaust system.. eekk... I hope luck is still on my side

The guy in my town said though he never really gives tickets just for the tints, you would have to do something wrong first, then he would tact it on. So thats good to know.

Quick Reply: SLP Loudmouth 2??