4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Teen in a GT?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2005, 01:45 AM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Teen in a GT?

ORIGINAL: paulstang

i think everyone here agrees with u there

hell... for me the front seat is to small.. haha... im 6'4 1/2" though... the only way i can fit in the car is for being thin (180lbs) and my head rides on the ceilng.... but its worth it to me. ive loved mustangs since i was 8
Old 11-29-2005, 01:51 AM
paulstang
3rd Gear Member

yea it is interesting fitting in my 95 less room then the 86 humm but im only 6 foot 150 but less weight for racing haha i look at the good side
Old 11-29-2005, 01:59 AM
Stang9946
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: PipsBlackStang

I say insurance will probably be high and just dont be stupid. I mean your going to wanna go fast. Just take it to the strip and be careful. Other than that just respect the car and dont be dumb.
Why do you even bother?
Old 11-29-2005, 02:08 AM
GoonMX
1st Gear Member

I guess ill try and go for it. I didnt think there were gonna be this many good replies. As for learning on a stick, i know how to do and have done it...i just need to practice it more. In a way i may be buying it myself since ill have to sell my dirtbike(2005 CRF250R $4000 if anyone is interested), which i paid for most of. Then i will be getting a job to pay off the car to my dad or with him and help on the insurance.

I need to get it ASAP if i decide to go through with this. Its been almost a month since ive had my own car(engine problems) and always have to drive my mom's car around which shes paranoid about(but it is a Land Rover on 20's). I can't stand not having my own car anymore!

oh yea and about pickin up chicks...ive already got a hottie
Old 11-29-2005, 02:13 AM
Dark_Horse
3rd Gear Member

i learned how to drive my mustang (5-spd) in 5 days, then i had to take my driving test. i was planing on useing my moms car (its a auto, because i didn't learn how to drive manual yet) but then she got rear ended 1 week befor i had to take my test and i could not use the rental car because i wan not 18
Old 11-29-2005, 03:17 AM
98GTstang
2nd Gear Member

Easy problem solving for the insurance, for one i was 16 when i bought my gt mustang 5-speed. I pay 165 a month for insurance and thats full coverage. See what my insurance people worked out for us is that me and my dad are on the mustang insurance, hes 90% of the driver and im 10%, even though im actually 100%..lol But it saved us atleast 200 bucks. The insurance people said that have no way of proving how much me or my dads drives the mustang. But dont be like me, tonight alone i counted how many laws i broke in a 1 hour period. Wanna hear them well here ya go - 1. reckless driving 2. Exibihition of Speed. 3. Innatindive Driving 4. SPEEDING. 5. No Seat Belt. 6. Cell Phone. 7. Street Racing 8. Running Red Lights/Stop Signs 9. No Blinker 10. Crossing 3 Lanes At Once..thats all i came up with
Old 11-29-2005, 03:59 AM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

Damn 98GTstang, how about you buy a Huffy?
Old 11-29-2005, 09:09 AM
mustangman02232
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: meebix

Im a perfect example for you

Im 17, I have a 00' GT convertable 5-speed. Easily one of the nicest and fastest cars at school.

As for insurance, I pay $800 per year. This is because I only have 1/2 insurance coverage. If someone hits me, its paid for.. if I cause an accident, Im ****ed. But I am a VERY good driver, and there is no use paying $2200 a year if its not covering anything (i.e. me hitting someone). You may want to check out that road..
<<<<paying $3000 a year for a 6er[&o]

ORIGINAL: racer02GTstang
yea, theres way to many cocky teens.... and most of em are stupid... this one guy in a mustang cobra at my school floored it past my truck and fishtailed and almost hit my friend standing next to my truck. the dip**** also talks trash on everyones cars including my stang. [:@]
race him and see what he says then
Old 11-29-2005, 11:07 AM
wpaskar
2nd Gear Member

I am 19 and getting my hands on a 2001 GT Bullitt very soon to replace my V6 '85 Camaro. I bought and paid for all of the work on that damn car...and it felt good to have done it myself, but it doesn't change the fact I am freakin poor after the experience and how nothing to show for it. Hopefully the Mustang will be different. With the Camaro, I drove safely, but I was never afraid to speed. You know what? Police haven't got me yet. I know it sounds bad, but I have begun to feel invisible to them....

Anyways, I support you in your decision, but I know insurance is gunna kick you in the ***...how I get around it is this. My dad's numbered company owns my car and I pay fleet insurance on the car. It is registered as a commercial vehicle
Old 11-29-2005, 11:43 AM
Silver_Stallion
1st Gear Member

Hey man i say go for it! im 17 and ive paid for everything myself including the car, the mods and insurance, its tough and you have to work your *** off, but its all worth it in the end. So i know exactly how you feel. but i started out with a 5 spd nissan truck for a yr, so i had some practice b4 moving on to my 5spd GT. But its not hard, youll get the hang of it right away. Just be safe and good luck!!!

Quick Reply: Teen in a GT?