4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

TB Spacers... really help?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2005, 11:04 PM
JoeyD
3rd Gear Member

Default TB Spacers... really help?

Hello. well I am moving into the INTAKE part of my project.
and I am putting on the K&N CAI Kit, BBK Power Plus 75tb and BBK Power Plus Plen.
So I am thinking of buying a TB spacer to put on right in the mix of things...

here is an example....

http://rpmoutlet.com/musv8helix.htm

they say the ycan add up to 10hp...
anyone have one? or know anything more about them?

please let me know.
thanks
Old 11-29-2005, 11:08 PM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

Default RE: TB Spacers... really help?

I ran a plenum spacer on the S/C Stang, but not a TB spacer.
Old 11-29-2005, 11:13 PM
sprostang
I ♥ Acer

Had that same one on my car. Took it off because it whistled like crazy when I put on my BBK CAI. I didnt see any increase in HP or MPG before or after the CAI.
Old 11-29-2005, 11:22 PM
Aixtreme89
5th Gear Member

I have a intake spacer also, not a throttle body spacer. But I do have two, thats right two "tornado" fuel saver things. I have one in my MAC straight shot intake tube, and the other in my accufab plenum. I noticed a difference in power, slight but I did. Also it does give my car a nice whistle sound when I am on full throttle. I dont know about better fuel economy, I really dont drive conservativly to bother.
Old 11-29-2005, 11:55 PM
JoeyD
3rd Gear Member

^yeah I have seen the TORNADO things...
so it does help a bit with power then eh?
nice....

when you say whistle? is it really loud?
like a S/C type whistle or what?

thanks for the info.
Old 11-30-2005, 12:00 AM
Aixtreme89
5th Gear Member

that spacer is just like the tornado thing, but it only has the groves on the outer sides so it isnt as effecient in spinning the air as a tornado is. But with a longer runner, which the spacer essentially is, it creates more torque for the low end, but it probably takes off the upper end. The whistle is like a small turbo. Its noticable in my car, I dont know if anyone can hear it outside my car though, expecially with my loud exhaust. But in theory the tornados work. mixxing the air better with the fuel and creating a more complete burn. Also probably forcing more air in, creating more of a suction as the air goes into a spiral which speeds it up and the air behind it needs to compensate and speed up also.
Old 11-30-2005, 08:21 AM
DIVER8374
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JoeyD
Hello. well I am moving into the INTAKE part of my project.
and I am putting on the K&N CAI Kit, BBK Power Plus 75tb and BBK Power Plus Plen.
So I am thinking of buying a TB spacer to put on right in the mix of things...
here is an example....
http://rpmoutlet.com/musv8helix.htm
they say the ycan add up to 10hp...
anyone have one? or know anything more about them?
please let me know.
thanks

^^^^ I looked into that spacer, I am currently running Steeda's plenumn spacer with a 75mm tb, and C&L plenumn. I called ans asked a tech at RPMoutlet about that spacer and he told me that it is for a 70mm TB so unless you want to trim it down it will not work with a 75mm tb because the butterfly will either 1) not open all the way or 2) will get hung up on it if it does open up all the way. If you really want one drop down to a 70 mm tb and have at it. My suggestion is keep the 75mm tb and get the plenumn spacer.
Old 11-30-2005, 02:03 PM
97slobra
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Aixtreme89

that spacer is just like the tornado thing, but it only has the groves on the outer sides so it isnt as effecient in spinning the air as a tornado is. But with a longer runner, which the spacer essentially is, it creates more torque for the low end, but it probably takes off the upper end. The whistle is like a small turbo. Its noticable in my car, I dont know if anyone can hear it outside my car though, expecially with my loud exhaust. But in theory the tornados work. mixxing the air better with the fuel and creating a more complete burn. Also probably forcing more air in, creating more of a suction as the air goes into a spiral which speeds it up and the air behind it needs to compensate and speed up also.
how does it force air in? it just sits there. If ne thing, id think it would disrupt you air flow than ne thing. To me it just seems like another scame out there.[:'(]