4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Exterior/Interior Ideas

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2005, 04:17 PM
meebix
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Exterior/Interior Ideas

I was actually just looking at front fascias. Would it be possible to change the front fascia + hood.. And then of course get it painted for around the $1200 as well? Heh, Im really stuck now, first I wanted to do exhaust, now you guys got me thinking about 1200 other things.

Here are my options:
1. Front fascia + hood + painted
2. Wheels + tires
And my 3rd option would have been exhaust, but basing my car for show, it would indeed make more sense to get the looks down first, although I will definitely do a full exhayst sooner or later.

Would it be possible to accomplish 1 of those 2 options for around $1200 give or take a little?
You guys have said it's possible for wheels + tires, but what about the bumber, hood, and paint... Possible?

I was thinking along the lines of Roush Fascia + Mach 2 Hood..

Old 12-04-2005, 05:04 PM
nathansmith50
4th Gear Member

i don't know how much the hood and fascia will cost you but it shouldn't cost more than 3 or 400 bucks to get them painted.........i would do the hood front fascia combo first.......then wheels and tires. ordinarily i'd say go the other way.......but i just can't get past how that hood looks........it distracts from everything else it's looks like your car got punched in the face and everything swelled up.
Old 12-04-2005, 05:45 PM
meebix
4th Gear Member

Alright, well if anyone knows what the combo would cost fascia + hood + paint let me know what it would be around. Im hoping around $1200 or so give or take some.

Thanks for your honest opinions.. I do agree with you guys in a way, and understand where your coming from. But then again I bought it like this, and I even said when I bought it, that I may consider changing the bumber + hood, and it looks like thats what Ill end up doing. I think a stage 3 roush fascia + mach 2 hood would look absolutely nasty. And besides the hood and possibly bumber, I like the rest of my body setup better than anyones Ive ever seen. I LOVE my back fascia.. So bumber + hood would really complete it. Once agian thanks for your opinions, I value them.

Im definitely going with the Mach 2 Hood, thats one of the only hoods I really do love.. But what fascia would you guys go with?
Remember I have 2' lowering springs + body kit rear fascia + side skirts, as you can see in the picture, so suggestions such as a cobra bumber are not going to cut it because it would be much higher than the rest of the car and look ridiculous. I would need a bumber that is built down the the ground such as roush.

I really like the roush fascia.. What do you guys think a good combo would be for my car?
Old 12-04-2005, 05:52 PM
nathansmith50
4th Gear Member

mach 2 hood would look good with a 99-01 cobra fascia.

but that hood is expensive......from what i can find it's 600 bucks.....

there are a couple on ebay for 380. the 99-01 cobra fascia looks good and is inexpensive. to offset the cost of the hood.....you could likely buy both for @500 + 200-300 or so for shipping......you could get it done in the neighborhood of 1200 bucks.
Old 12-04-2005, 06:19 PM
meebix
4th Gear Member

Yea but I have a lowered body + A full body kit.

So wouldn't just a regular cobra fascia look really stupid because it wouldn't match up with the rest of the body? Like would it be higher than the rest since my body is built down and the bumber wouldn't be?

And yea I could get the hood for about $430 or so total. Then the bumber for another $450 total + paint should put me right at $1200. So Im starting to think I will be fine and this is the road I will take instead of the exhaust.

I just found this picture, 2000 Cobra Bumper.. See I would do this kind, but what is that extra extended piece there? Like the lip.. Because thats not just a cobra bumper is it? That has a lip.. which I like and would consider because it is built down to the ground. The regular cobra fascia without that lip isnt going to line up right with my lowered body.. So what is the lip and where can I look at that style?

[IMG]local://upfiles/24273/2D62D636321946CEA0A5501C28F531C1.jpg[/IMG]
Old 12-04-2005, 06:32 PM
meebix
4th Gear Member

Ahh, I just figured it out. That is the Cobra R Front Fascia right?

I really do like that.. Ill start looking into that.
Old 12-04-2005, 06:36 PM
nathansmith50
4th Gear Member

that's the cobra r fascia and it site REALLY low to the ground.
Old 12-04-2005, 07:33 PM
meebix
4th Gear Member

Well I can tell from that picture I posted, that car has a 2' Drop, like mine. If you look at the picture of my car now, the front bumber is REALLY low to the ground as well. Anything that isnt built down like mine now or the cobra R bumber is going to look extremely stupid on my car.

The picture I posted of that Cobra R is my exact car. Same color and everything, its also a vert. Obviously without the wing and the mach 2 hood. But I can tell that the Cobra R fascia + mach 2 hood would look orgasmic on my car from that picture.. I can see it now

Also any tips on where I could look into purchasing Mach 2 Hood + Cobra R Bumper .. For cheap. Besides Ebay.
Thanks.
Old 12-04-2005, 09:56 PM
meebix
4th Gear Member

Ive been looking around. Im starting to find out I could get both the Cobra R Bumper + Mach 2 Hood for around $800 shipped.

With that being said, I don't have too much more to spend, but can you guys give me some close to exact estimates on what you think I would be charged to have both the parts painted + installed?
Old 12-04-2005, 10:43 PM
nathansmith50
4th Gear Member

no more than 5-600 bucks.

Quick Reply: Exterior/Interior Ideas