4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

idk what to title this but I bet most people will wanna comment on it

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2005, 12:11 AM
XxphantomsnypzxX
3rd Gear Member

Default idk what to title this but I bet most people will wanna comment on it

I have a 96 GT and im about to turn it into a drag racer, my mom says as an option to that I could just sell it in a year and get another mustang but I think thatd be a waste of money and this car only has 67,000 miles on it I got it for 5,500 cuz the guy needed to sell it quickly I personally like the car's body style alot, it has dark green metallic paint :-) my mom said the reason why is b/c she feels the car will have too many problems
Old 12-09-2005, 12:16 AM
Quickshift_02GT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: idk what to title this but I bet most people will wanna comment on it

Well, you could use periods to start. Sentences are easier to read that way.

Also, your situation depends on a lot of factors to make a real decision.

1. Your age

2. Where you live

3. Is it your only car

4. How hardcore of a "drag racer" do you want to make it

5. Are you paying for it

Some things to think about maybe...
Old 12-09-2005, 12:18 AM
ROB 98GT
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: idk what to title this but I bet most people will wanna comment on it

my car is the same color as yours, and also like the body style. i was thinking of selling my car then i changed my mind. around here there isn't many 96-98's, and i rather have a more unique car. supercharge it, gears and we will have some badass cars! good luck.
Old 12-09-2005, 12:20 AM
XxphantomsnypzxX
3rd Gear Member

well im 17, I live in Connecticut, it is my only car personally everyone else in my family has cars and my gparents bought a new car but they're getting old so if I need another I'll be str8, I work a lot even tho im still in school i figure my next car id just finance, I wanna add 4.10 gears nd me my moms bf who was a mechanic might redo the engine in the summer, and I paid for half of the car nd shes fine with how she paid the other half, id be paying for all the mods tho and I pay for my own insurance but thats not a problem
Old 12-09-2005, 12:21 AM
XxphantomsnypzxX
3rd Gear Member

also a shift kit, transmission cooler to make it last longer and better performance, and also a torque convertor, but I also know a mecahnic who owns his own gas station and he'll do work for cheap for me
Old 12-09-2005, 12:27 AM
ROB 98GT
2nd Gear Member

that's cool you know a mechanic that will save you alot of $!! i want gears too 4.10's all the way!! i didn't buy my car until i was 30, i wish i would have bought a mustang like 10 years ago. look at it this way, 3-4 years you could have it supercharged, turboed, ready to wreck some shi$ !!!
Old 12-09-2005, 12:28 AM
Quickshift_02GT
4th Gear Member

I guess the only thing I would be worried about is having a car built for drag racing as an only vehicle in a northern state like Connecticut. Snow would be a big concern. Not sure what your situation is, but if you have or can use another car then it doesn't really matter of course.

Old 12-09-2005, 12:28 AM
ROB 98GT
2nd Gear Member

doesn't 50 cent live in conneticut now? tell him i said what up!!!
Old 12-09-2005, 12:42 AM
XxphantomsnypzxX
3rd Gear Member

lol he does but upstate from me I live on the coast so at least I got less snow, my only concern would be the interior having problems but thats fixable correct?
Old 12-09-2005, 12:49 AM
Quickshift_02GT
4th Gear Member

Why would the interior have problems?

Is it in good shape now? Just take care of it...

Quick Reply: idk what to title this but I bet most people will wanna comment on it