4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

dynoed the stang today!

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2005, 01:48 PM
angcobra
4th Gear Member

Default RE: dynoed the stang today!

great numbers.
I have my Vortec S-trim making 12 - 14# of boost, the hardest thing at higher boost is keeping the belt from slipping.
Old 12-14-2005, 06:13 PM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: angcobra

great numbers.
I have my Vortec S-trim making 12 - 14# of boost, the hardest thing at higher boost is keeping the belt from slipping.

ive got my belt on pretty tight since i didnt change out one of the pullies for a smaller one because i didnt have a smaller one to put on cause i got the kit used.
Old 12-14-2005, 06:26 PM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: redass02gt

ORIGINAL: racer02GTstang

robert (the guy that tuned it from ride revolutions) said the blower was actually hitting around 12lbs of boost on they dyno when it hit 440rwhp. it will do that on the street to, but i havent

tried it yet. with the 408rwhp tune it hits 10lbs of boost.

other things the blower has are like a homemade boost pipe (i didnt make it, the owner before made it i guess) 90mm lightning maf, 42lb injectors, 310lph fuel pump and all that stuff... the pulley on the blower is the 3.33" size.
is this all on a stock bottom end? can I get a full mod list?

yeap, all stock bottom end... he could have gotten more power out of it too but i had him take some out for my DD tune. he told me most people have him make the tune so it makes more hp, not less... haha. with the 440rwhp tune im only going to use it at the track or when i pull up next to Z06's/vipers... haha. today on the DD tune i got on it and around 6200rpms i hit 11lbs of boost. im alittle scared to run with the 440rwhp tune all the time running on my stock bottom end.

heres a full mod list.. may miss a mod cause theres so many little things

Vortech S-trim SQ-V2 with 10lb pulley
Aftercooler for the vortech w/ IAT located after the aftercooler
4 inch homemade boost pipe
90mm lightning maf
42lb ford injectors
310lph fuel pump
FFRP 3.73 gears
BBK LT headers
BBK catted X pipe
Borla catback
SPEC stage 2 clutch
steeda upper and lower control arms
full length sub frame connectors
steeda caster camber plates
eibach pro springs
blu thunder short throw shifter
75mm Accufab Throttle body
C&L upper intake plenum
all synthetic oils throughout drivetrain/engine
water wetter in radiator (helps motor run cooler)
10% antifreeze/90% distilled water in aftercooler
battery relocated to trunk
then just a chin spoiler, roll bar, and other stuff the last owner did to the car. ive put $0 into looks for this car, but about 6k into the motor.

Old 12-14-2005, 07:01 PM
Fallstar01
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: turbostang21

oops my bad fallstar....guess i should've looked back at who wrote that before. well i can't say you don't know what you're talking about...but you need to read up a bit on the vortech + you probably do think the kb is god since you have one haha[8D]
I've got a whipple... the other twin-screw supercharger. When I said they were high numbers, that's because I've talked with a number of people who were around the 360-410 range depending on mods. And NO, I don't think a kb is GOD. 440 rwhp is just higher than I'm used to hearing and I'm interested/curious as to what it takes to get there.
Old 12-14-2005, 09:33 PM
rbstang
6th Gear Member

Congrats. Nice numbers man.
Old 12-14-2005, 10:50 PM
trbuddy
2nd Gear Member

Just make sure you do not go over board with boost. I actually called Vortech and talked to a technican and he told me it is save to run the S/C with about 10psi boost on a GT with stock internals. Anything above that and you're asking for it at least according to Vortech. I run mine with just about 9psi and I make 345RWHP but mine is auto and of course without the nitrous.
Old 12-14-2005, 11:48 PM
shane361
2nd Gear Member

Good numbers but as mention I heard even 10 pounds of boost is deadly for our stock GT motors. I'll stay 8 since its my daily driver and play more with the Cobra.

My GT is currently in the shop getting a real tranny installed. The one before bit the dust so 2800 stall on new one set to handle 750ftlbs. So far my dyno has not gotten over 340rwhp and it upsets me. But..seems to be what alot of people are getting. I also noted that I am running lean so I have recently bought a Cobra tank with twin Cobra pumps for the GT. Then will have her tuned by Rick from Amazon Racing. Even at 8lbs I would like to see 400 rwhp-Shane
Old 12-14-2005, 11:59 PM
trbuddy
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: shane361

Good numbers but as mention I heard even 10 pounds of boost is deadly for our stock GT motors. I'll stay 8 since its my daily driver and play more with the Cobra.

My GT is currently in the shop getting a real tranny installed. The one before bit the dust so 2800 stall on new one set to handle 750ftlbs. So far my dyno has not gotten over 340rwhp and it upsets me. But..seems to be what alot of people are getting. I also noted that I am running lean so I have recently bought a Cobra tank with twin Cobra pumps for the GT. Then will have her tuned by Rick from Amazon Racing. Even at 8lbs I would like to see 400 rwhp-Shane
With 8psi you should get to or over 400rwhp. But it also depends what other mods you have. What are your current numbers?

[IMG]local://upfiles/13464/95A11937649549F9988B8AA4DDBC2964.jpg[/IMG]
Old 12-15-2005, 12:31 AM
Voodoo
3rd Gear Member

He's using the standard 3.33 pulley that Vortech supplies with their aftercooled kit. I have the same one and looks as if both of our cars are making close to the same HP at the crank since my auto will suck up 30+ hp at that level. Manuals can reach 440-450 with the standard aftercooled setup. It's when you don't run an aftercooler that the #'s never materialize. The 3.3 and 3.6 make about the same HP without a cooler. The thing is that when you add that little bit extra boost you have to retard the timing making that extra boost detrimental. When you compare the dynojet graphs of both an aftercooled setup and a noncooled one the aftercooled looks much smoother and stable. I have tried both ways with the 3.3 pulley. When I added an aftercooler and IAT after the blower I got 55 more HP. Well worth the extra money.
Old 12-15-2005, 12:44 AM
03sonicgt
5th Gear Member

Hey racer02gtstang, did you buy your supercharger kit used? If so, what all did it come with, where did you find it, and what was the final cost? Thanks Kyle. Anyone else who has bought a used supercharger, feel free to chime in as well.

Quick Reply: dynoed the stang today!