4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

3 Grand? What would you buy??

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2006, 08:49 PM
Voodoo
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: 3 Grand? What would you buy??

Super charger tuner kit with cooler. Don't worry about anything else like headers.
Old 01-08-2006, 08:53 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

why does almost everyone assume that everybody can get LTs on here? some of us live in states where we have to pass emissions, and that won't happen with LTs. those aren't like a midpipe that you can quickly unbolt and bolt back on in an hour for the test.
Old 01-08-2006, 09:01 PM
Hyper00
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nanaki

why does almost everyone assume that everybody can get LTs on here? some of us live in states where we have to pass emissions, and that won't happen with LTs. those aren't like a midpipe that you can quickly unbolt and bolt back on in an hour for the test.
My friend has LT's and a shorty catted h-pipe. He passes emissions just fine.
Old 01-08-2006, 09:19 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

ORIGINAL: Hyper00

ORIGINAL: nanaki

My friend has LT's and a shorty catted h-pipe. He passes emissions just fine.
that's great, and where does your friend live? do they do a visual inspection? in northern va, you can't pass with an off/road or LTs. otherwise i would have gotten them. i'm not wasting my money on shorties.
Old 01-08-2006, 09:38 PM
Voodoo
3rd Gear Member

Even though I have them. From what I've read from some dyno shops sites, Headers aren't really worth the small gain anyway. IMO don't worry about anything else. Just save for the S/C. It was the first thing I bought. I did put the LT's and exaust, TB/Plenum, and gear on before I got it dyno'd though. Get the expensive thing if you have the cash. You may not have that much money again and spending it on worthless little gains will not be worth the money you spend.
Old 01-08-2006, 09:41 PM
black00gt
1st Gear Member

supercharge that badboy
Old 01-08-2006, 09:56 PM
M1ke
4th Gear Member

buy the most expensive part now i.e. supercharger, then get the lower priced stuff like tb/plenum, LT's and full exhaust of what you can legally do, etc... u may not have that much money saved up again so spend it now then it will take a lot less time to save up and buy the littler stuff all the while u still have that s/c
Old 01-08-2006, 10:02 PM
03sonicgt
5th Gear Member

Thanks for all the input fellas, I really appreciate all the advice. I am really leaning toward the supercharger right now. Mostly because off the mods I have thought about depend on if the car is supercharged or not. Like 4:10 gears, and getting a 70mm tb or a 75 mm tb and stuff like that. This car is my baby, and it is my daily driver for now. At the safe 8psi, good tune, and the fact I hardly ever rag on it, will the supercharger be harmfull to my motor at all? I also plan on doing forged internals possibly next winter time. Thanks, Kyle
Old 01-08-2006, 11:20 PM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

If you're running a lower boost you're internals should be fine... but again, i would watch that rear axle... people can run 4-500 to the wheel w/o needing one, but a lot of axles snap under that pressure...
Old 01-09-2006, 01:14 AM
03sonicgt
5th Gear Member

To beef up the rear axle what all would I need to do? How much money are we talking here?

Quick Reply: 3 Grand? What would you buy??