4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Failed emissions again UPDATE

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2006, 01:21 PM
antiv6
5th Gear Member

Default Failed emissions again UPDATE

ok you may remember i failed emissions b/c i was in an accident and they reconnected the battery and stuff, well i took it back today after driving 200 miles and now there machine cant even connect to my odbII port it just says connection failed. So now i have to deal with this bullS**t on my three day weekend[:@]
Old 01-14-2006, 01:28 PM
JonBeast

Default RE: Failed emissions again F*******k

I don't understand the problem.

Why can't they just freakin pass you....
Old 01-14-2006, 01:30 PM
antiv6
5th Gear Member

i think im gonna need a new computer or something im just really pissed right now, i hate taking my car to the ford dealership. Im taking it in monday and the guy said its covered under warranty but i hate taking cars in for repairs
Old 01-14-2006, 01:58 PM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: antiv6

i think im gonna need a new computer or something im just really pissed right now, i hate taking my car to the ford dealership. Im taking it in monday and the guy said its covered under warranty but i hate taking cars in for repairs
Remeber to pull the predator tune off, or the dealership may wipe it over with the stock program, and then you will lose it forever and have to buy a new tune.
Old 01-14-2006, 02:03 PM
antiv6
5th Gear Member

Remeber to pull the predator tune off, or the dealership may wipe it over with the stock program, and then you will lose it forever and have to buy a new tune.
right now its on stock tune. Thanks for the heads up though. I havew to take it to the shop monday which really suks b/c its my birthday. I hate dealing with bodyshops and stuff i always end up going back for something else.
Old 01-14-2006, 02:43 PM
sickspeedgt
3rd Gear Member

when i had my inspection done, i just took it too this guy and said "just so you know i don't have any cats on my exhaust, so if thats gonna fail me then i'll just save you the trouble of looking" he said "well dude, we'll just act like you didn't tell me that, its only illegal in couties with more than 50k people, and im more interested in no drivabitily" he also passed my friends 04 gt when her tint was too dark
Old 01-14-2006, 02:56 PM
antiv6
5th Gear Member

ok now i am starting to think that the place i took it to has a messed up or barley working connection plug b/c i went out to my car and hooked up the predator and i could look at diagnostics and it told me my vin number and stuff, so i dont think there is anything wrong with the computer in the car. Right now im about to go to my friends house to borrow hid 0dbII reader that works on all cars and see if it works. If it turns out that im going through all of this trouble b/c the shop has a p.o.s. testing thing im gonna be pissed.

Last edited by antiv6; 12-24-2015 at 09:25 AM.
Old 01-14-2006, 03:45 PM
wwmost
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: antiv6

ok now i am starting to think that the place i took it to has a messed up or barey working connection plug b/c i went out to my car and hooked up the predator and i could look at diagnostics and it told me my vin number and stuff, so i dont think there is anything wrong with the computer in the car. Right now im about to go to my friends house to borrow hid 0dbII reader that works on all cars and see if it works. If it turns out that im going through all of this trouble b/c the shop has a p.o.s. testing thing im gonna be pissed. The guy who tested my car this time was cool but last time the guy who tested me was a total a$$hole, and i think it was b/c i was only 16 and had a nicer car then him

edit: You can fail emissions for to dark of window tinting?
in jersey you do. i think they make you take it off on the spot
Old 01-14-2006, 03:47 PM
DR8907
3rd Gear Member

What you need to do is move here to Michigan. That f**kin sucks though I feel for you man. I would be so pissed.
Old 01-14-2006, 03:50 PM
rbstang
6th Gear Member

give the guy testing your car $20 insta-pass hehe

Quick Reply: Failed emissions again UPDATE