4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Stlyle or speed

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2006, 06:28 PM
heathrshehan

Default RE: Stlyle or speed

Yall just dont understand what I'm going for here. I know my car looks jacked up now, but give it time. For those of you saying that mustangs arent made for style, then take another look at the car even the stock GT doesnt have that much power. But even the stock six cylinder look good. But Im just going for a diffent look someething no one else has , and if nobody understands that then just eat sh*t.
Old 01-20-2006, 06:34 PM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

ORIGINAL: heathrshehan

Yall just dont understand what I'm going for here. I know my car looks jacked up now, but give it time. For those of you saying that mustangs arent made for style, then take another look at the car even the stock GT doesnt have that much power. But even the stock six cylinder look good. But Im just going for a diffent look someething no one else has , and if nobody understands that then just eat sh*t.

Relax man. Don't let other people's opinions get to you. If you like it, that's all that matters. Even though it's not my cup of tea, it's your car, do with it as you like. God knows, I have heard alot of crap from people on my taste and what I have done, appearence wise.
Old 01-20-2006, 07:50 PM
marcuslee842
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Emann0007

ORIGINAL: marcuslee842

If you don't have a Cobra, Roush, Saleen, or Mach 1 it donsen't hurt to do something. If it's nothing but tint, or a grille delete. In my opinon it's kinda [&:] if you have a 400+RWHP GT and it looks just like the V6 the old lady next door has.
who doesn't love a sleeper though??? Oh yea, I chopped my antenna too.
True but, a mustang GT is not a sleeper, anybody will expect some mod has been done to it. I bet 90% of people on here that don't own a V6 (no pun intended) have some type of performance mod.
Old 01-20-2006, 08:23 PM
ericdiver
3rd Gear Member

i never understood the theory of a sleeper, my brother always wanted a old square datsun 510 or something fix it up to smoke people, but personally I would never race or consider road racing any thing that looked slow, i would say what a waste of time or something, or not even notice it.... and if I did notice it, i wouldnt race it anyway just incase they have a spec 2 jap motor in it with like 400 hp, so if you have a sleeper you basically have a ulgy car that goes fast that no one will race (at least on the streets)..period my vote is style 60% performance 40%
Old 01-20-2006, 11:20 PM
Osk
2nd Gear Member

i don't understand most people on this site who say "performance is everything," and own a freaking mustang! if that was true, then why not get a camaro? they're not THAT much more expensive.. certainly they're a lot cheaper than modding the hell out of your mustang just to be at the camaro's level.

as for me, the reason i chose my mustang is because looks DO matter. i like speed, but i also like driving a car that pleases my eyes. therefore, i think they're both important. if looks truly didn't matter, more of you guys would own 5.0's or some other cheaper car and modd the hell out of it. i know some people already do this, so that's cool.. but some people on here with like 4.6gts who say look aren't important seemed to have gotten ripped off paying so much for a car with not that great of power or potential (bang for buck).
Old 01-21-2006, 03:02 AM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

im more of a performance man myself. i think the stang looks good how it comes, just a drop, window tint and a couple other minor things... yet i will buy a new hood one day for mine, and maybe even a ducktail.
Old 01-21-2006, 03:05 AM
rbstang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 03sonicgt

A good set of rims, a drop, chin spoiler, grill delete, and tints call it a day in my book.
Couldnt have said it better myself...
Old 01-21-2006, 03:12 AM
03sonicgt
5th Gear Member

I'm glad someone agrees with me, honestly 94-98 GT's with a good rim, and a drop all look GORGEOUS!! Every stang I have seen driving with 18's catch my eye, and look better than any camaro or any other car in my book.
Old 01-21-2006, 03:24 AM
Crystal
2nd Gear Member

I want both. I have a need for speed and want to be noticed to a degree. I am a girl. What do you expect? I want a nice looking car that reflects well about me. Less means more in my eyes so I wouldn't do anything that would give my car the title "rice". More than anything I would love to have a modified engine that would beat any import that comes along my way! I hate imports that have those STUPID FART CANS that they call a muffler.
Old 09-02-2006, 11:46 PM
heathrshehan

Well its been a while since i posted on this topic. To be honest I think my car looked pretty ****ty too. But I ditched the bodykit and went back stock. Much better, i have yet too paint it thought. But its not so bad without the kit. PS I took the kit of after it cracked for the 5ht or 6th time lol.. NEVER GET A FIBERGLASS KIT, i know that now. Thank bye

Quick Reply: Stlyle or speed