4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Wow, so this guy thought he was funny and rear-ended me....

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 05:38 AM
MustangMafia
4th Gear Member

Default Wow, so this guy thought he was funny and rear-ended me....

So I am driving by the school and am stopped at a stop sign. All of the sudden I see my friend in his 05GT, I give him a rev to get his attention and give him a wave. All of the sudden I feel a really small bump on the back of my car, just enough impact to get noticed. I look back and notice this big imbred red-neck in a crappy muddy beat up truck. The f*** nudged me on purpose!. I know he did it on purpose because the place we were stopped is on a very slight incline. So he would had to have tried to hit me. And the truck isnt an automatic so it wasnt like he just didnt have his foot on the brake and accidentally creeped forward. So I check for traffic behind us and noticed there was none. I grabbed a pen, looked back, and wrote down his liscense plate number.

So I then approach the driver and ask him what his problem was. His response was "calm down, it didn't hurt it". I tell him to follow me to a nearby parkling lot so we can talk this out, and check for damage. He says whatever, and I assumed that that meant that he agreed to meet with me. So I turn left expecting him to follow. I look back and see him turning right at a rather high rate of speed (for that piece of crap truck). He was trying to flee! I dont bother going after him as I have his liscense plate number and I figured it would be best to let the police do their job.

So I get home and call the police. An officer comes to my house and I explain to him the situation. He ran his plates and found out that the guy had had his liscense suspended for driving without insurance, and we assumed that he stil didnt have insurance on his vehicle. The cop looks at my car and doesnt see any dents or dings in the bumber, and tells me to just let it go since there wasnt any damage. He also said that he would "deal with the guy that hit me", but I doubt that.

So I think I might take my vehicle to the most expensive place in town, and have a FULL inspection, and send the bill to the douche-bag that hit me...
Old 01-23-2006, 05:58 AM
Acer2428
Site Mod

Default RE: Wow, so this guy thought he was funny and rear-ended me....

And he will prmptly NOT pay you the money he DOESN'T have.

No license + beater truck + hit & run = Yeah, sounds like he'll pay up for sure
Old 01-23-2006, 06:21 AM
NeoTokyo
6th Gear Member

I hate that kind of crap, I wouldnt just let it go, even if the cop didnt want to do anything right then and there.

For him to nudge you so that you could feel it WILL without a doubt affect the paint, you wont see it for a few weeks untill dirt gets into those cracks but I can assure you that your paint is damaged now and has several spider cracks. I am sure you have seen them on other SN-95's especially white where there is just a swirl of cracks, thats from that kind of crap or high speed shopping carts.

Its not cheap to fix, it will have to be completly repainted, stick him for everything he has got, take him to small claims if you have to, make him sell that POS to fix your bumper.

Good luck on that.

-Neo-
Old 01-23-2006, 06:22 AM
NeoTokyo
6th Gear Member

Check with your insurance too, I am pretty sure its not legal for them to raise your rate for an accident that isnt your fualt and a non-insured non-licensed fleeing motorist.
Old 01-23-2006, 10:24 AM
blackbetty01
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: NeoTokyo

Check with your insurance too, I am pretty sure its not legal for them to raise your rate for an accident that isnt your fualt and a non-insured non-licensed fleeing motorist.
Insurance will raise your rates regardless of the circumstances if you file a claim. My friend had his truck broken into twice, he called the cops but never filed a claim with his insurance company and after the second time he got a letter stating they were going to drop him if his truck was broken into again because he was high risk.
Old 01-23-2006, 11:08 AM
Chopper
5th Gear Member

All states are different on insurance laws as are all companies.Call your insurance co and tell them what happened and see what they tell you.BE CAREFUL some of the crappier companies will record the fact that you inquired about a possible claim and will hold it against you later.Now about the hit and run.This d1ckh*ad is a menace,did you mention to the cop that the driver smelled like booze and apeared to be slurring his speech.
Old 01-23-2006, 11:20 AM
40thstang_gt
1st Gear Member

I agree with NeoTokyo though there will be some paint damage that you wont see at first. My front bumper was scraped with a shopping cart at my work but it didnt look like there was any damage. Sure enough a couple days later i have white marks on my bumper now that i have to get painted.
Old 01-23-2006, 11:38 AM
blackbetty01
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Chopper

All states are different on insurance laws as are all companies.Call your insurance co and tell them what happened and see what they tell you.BE CAREFUL some of the crappier companies will record the fact that you inquired about a possible claim and will hold it against you later.Now about the hit and run.This d1ckh*ad is a menace,did you mention to the cop that the driver smelled like booze and apeared to be slurring his speech.
"Officer he fell out of his truck and tried to start a fight with me, I was scared for my life so I drove off and he threw a beer bottle at my car!"
Old 01-23-2006, 11:49 AM
MustangMafia
4th Gear Member

lol i dont really wanna lie. but yea, i assure you he is going to pay for whatever damage needs to be repaired. And keep in mind it was dark when all this happened. I told the officer that there could have been damage that we couldn't see but he just kinda shrugged it off. I doubt my insurance company will raise my rates tho. My parents were involved in a similar incident and their rates didnt go up (we have the same insurance company). But I would really rather just get the bumper repainted and flip him the bill. I mean just because I don't have a ****ty truck like that guy, doesnt mean he gets to go play bumper cars with all the nice sports cars...
Old 01-23-2006, 11:57 AM
n/a_threat
2nd Gear Member

Damn that sucks, find that neck and take him to court, his 15+ shotguns got to be worth some $

Quick Reply: Wow, so this guy thought he was funny and rear-ended me....