4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Just spent the last 3 hours listening to Exhaust Clips... Here are my thoughts, comments, critiques.

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 03:18 AM
WAG03GT
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Just spent the last 3 hours listening to Exhaust Clips... Here are my thoughts, comments, critiques.

Dont worry man Flows sound nice you wont be dissapointed
Old 02-01-2006, 03:19 AM
Wick001
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Just spent the last 3 hours listening to Exhaust Clips... Here are my thoughts, comments, critiques.

I know code3... and quickshift, i've watched that clip about 10 times... WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyy to loud for me... Thats what i'm saying it sounds like that car should be at a drag strip man, seriously that would drive me crazy driving to work like that everyday
Old 02-01-2006, 03:19 AM
SOHCtimes2
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Just spent the last 3 hours listening to Exhaust Clips... Here are my thoughts, comments, critiq

ORIGINAL: Quickshift_02GT

And still, you need to hear some of these in real life to know what they truly sound like.

Videos like this made everyone in the forum practically insane over SLP, and that's only 1 good video.

But I guess some of these people that are jumping on the "I hate so and so" bandwagon are now going to retract their statements.

SLP (Click Me)

...and also, your sadly mistaken if you think Flowmaster is anywhere even close to as deep a sound as SLP Loudmouth.
As great as that video sounds....its still exactly what he said, racecar sounding. It sounds like a freakishly loud racecar, definately not for me. Over here in California I don't need to be heard from 2 miles away everytime I step on the gas. I LOVE the muscle car sound, and for me nothing has that original muscle car sound quite like flowmaster. Just my personal opinion, just like your personal opinion is that SLP is super amazing.
Old 02-01-2006, 03:21 AM
Quickshift_02GT
4th Gear Member

Totally true.

Now don't get the wrong idea. No bashing, flaming, or anything of the sort here. Just a good ol' exhaust debate.

I'm serious though, if low tone is what your after you may want to try and hear an SLP setup in person. Wide open throttle is just plain nasty and pissed off. But everything else is DEEP. Cruising through town with the low rumble that it creates at 2krpm is just awesome. It's not too loud, but you can hear it coming and going. Just a super low burble as it cruises by.

...edit: Great sounding and lowest out there by far. But yeah...LOUD. Hence the name.
Old 02-01-2006, 03:22 AM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

ORIGINAL: Wick001

I know code3... and quickshift, i've watched that clip about 10 times... WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyy to loud for me... Thats what i'm saying it sounds like that car should be at a drag strip man, seriously that would drive me crazy driving to work like that everyday

I don't like the sound of SLP. Jusy my opinion.
Old 02-01-2006, 03:23 AM
Wick001
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Just spent the last 3 hours listening to Exhaust Clips... Here are my thoughts, comments, critiq

Right on SOHC, I'm not saying that car in the video sounds bad by any means, it sound very good actually if you like it LOUD... but thats not for everyone.
Old 02-01-2006, 03:26 AM
Wick001
3rd Gear Member

I am in love with this Flowmaster 10 series sound,
Old 02-01-2006, 03:40 AM
Car_Ramrod
4th Gear Member

whered u find a clip of the 10s???
Old 02-01-2006, 03:57 AM
SOHCtimes2
5th Gear Member

http://www.mustangexhaust.com/
Old 02-01-2006, 04:01 AM
stangc83
3rd Gear Member

it was a toss up between the SLP or the Magnapack. They both sound almost the same but i think that the magnapack is more toned and the SLP sounds more hollow sounding. you see my set up and i love the way it sounds. there is no other stang in my city that has a sound like mine, probably because no one has spent as much on an exhaust as me.

Quick Reply: Just spent the last 3 hours listening to Exhaust Clips... Here are my thoughts, comments, critiques.