4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

moving to arizona

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 06:49 AM
03redGT
3rd Gear Member

Default moving to arizona

Hey everyone, im taking the stang with me down to Arizona from Massachusetts, anyone know anything about Arizona laws on exhaust noise or window tint? ive also posted in general tech with questions about shipping, please check that out too! Thanks!

[IMG]local://upfiles/22769/C04208FB3F174E7891160B090C935B82.jpg[/IMG]
Old 02-02-2006, 07:01 AM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

Default RE: moving to arizona

Is it a good thing that your moving? I dont know about laws, but from what I've heard Arizona isnt that strict, espeically if your out in the dessert.
Old 02-02-2006, 07:11 AM
03redGT
3rd Gear Member

yeah im happy to be moving sown there. lots to do, nice weather, and no salty roads and no ice!

im moving to tucson its about 90 minutes south of phoenix
Old 02-02-2006, 07:26 AM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 03redGT

yeah im happy to be moving sown there. lots to do, nice weather, and no salty roads and no ice!

im moving to tucson its about 90 minutes south of phoenix
I've never been there, but from what I've heard its nice in Tucson. My aunt and uncle lived there for like 20 years. Very hot and humid. The south isnt bad, well depends on where in the south. Hope you enjoy it down there, let us know how well you like it.
Old 02-02-2006, 10:39 AM
blackbetty01
4th Gear Member

I used to live in Phoenix, then Chandler and I loved it out there. I got a bug to move back to Florida and I have missed Phoenix ever since. Got married and started a better carrer here though so I'm stuck for now. As far as tint, they never bothered me, or anyone I knew. But Phoenix has very strict emissions testing, I don't think they care about noise as much, just so long as you can pass emissions. You will need to be able to pass emissions before they will issue you a state tag. DMV is a Zoo but if you move to the East side of Phoenix (Chandler, Tempe, Mesa, Scottsdale) Go to the DMV in Mesa, It is always the least crowded from what I'm told. I'm sure you'll enjoy it though, I moved in October so by the time Summer rolled around I was used to the dryness, if you move before it warms up you will be okay. When I first moved there I think it was the first time I used lotion for its intended purpose.
Old 02-02-2006, 12:17 PM
GTnAZ
2nd Gear Member

Hey man, let me be the first to welcome you to Tucson, AZ!
I live here in Tucson.
You are going to love it here for about the first year, and then you will hate it.
There isn’t much to do here so after a while it gets boring.
But once you are here, its kind of like a black hole... you will never leave no matter how much you hate it.
Anyway, about the laws...
Window tint... you have it as dark as it comes on all the rear windows and only up to 15% on the front two and no tint on the windshield.
Exhaust, I don’t know the law exactly but you would have to be REALLY loud to get in trouble and being stupid so the police to pay attention to you.
There are Harley Davidson's around here that will make you go def (sp?)... so yeah.
Well man I wish you luck on your travel.
If you need any help with anything... or have questions feel free to shoot me an e-mail @ StreetPleasures1@aol.com (<~ the name is my car club I started)
Peace!
Old 02-02-2006, 02:35 PM
dragonfans04GT
1st Gear Member

Well, I'm stationed in Sierra Vista, about 75 miles southeast of Tucson. We're basically the other side of the mountain from Mexico. I heard that they do have emissions testing in parts of AZ, but not down here. Since the weather is great for motorcycle riders, there's a lot of them here and they like their loud pipes. I don't know any that get harrased for the noise, and no one has bothered me, even on post.
I've seen really dark tint on a lot of cars around here, but they do have a limit and it's pretty low. I did have a friend with an 05 Infiniti G35 who's windows were tinited as dark as they make it, 5% I think, and he was stopped a couple of times. They never ticketed him, and he was probably getting pulled over for speeding anyway, but he did say that they told him to have it changed out to a lighter tint.