4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

BYE BYE personal licence plates and HERES why

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2006, 02:01 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Default RE: BYE BYE personal licence plates and HERES why

Well its worth a shot, if you ever get pulled over say "professional curtesy", means you are a family member of a police/court official, and u might get off.
Old 02-03-2006, 02:02 AM
rudemood12
2nd Gear Member

or, a more simpler answer, stop with the racing all together. then you wouldnt even have to worry about the cops!
Old 02-03-2006, 02:03 AM
David_K
5th Gear Member

I've had a security gaurd threaten to take me to jail before. i mean he was a cop but he wasnt wearing his belt. i asked him if he was on duty, he said no, so i said thank you got in my car drove around him and left
Old 02-03-2006, 02:04 AM
MustangMafia
4th Gear Member

Yea I doubt they would have enough to tow your car with complaints alone. However, the cops could just remember what your car looks like and make sure that you get pulled over and ticketed for EVERY infraction they see you do....
Old 02-03-2006, 02:05 AM
ericdiver
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rudemood12

or, a more simpler answer, stop with the racing all together. then you wouldnt even have to worry about the cops!
WOW are u sure u drive a mustang....... life is too short to trade my car in for a hybrid, i dont go around racing, once in a while i like to punch it, this whole experence lasted about 10 seconds and thats no lie
Old 02-03-2006, 02:10 AM
rudemood12
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ericdiver

WOW are u sure u drive a mustang....... life is too short to trade this my car in for a hybrid, i dont go around racing, once in a while i like to punch it, this whole experence lasted about 10 seconds and thats no lie
yeah, you can ignore my avatar, its my neighbors car...[:'(] but im not going to run up my insurance due to tickets or even get myself or someone else killed trying to show off. sure, it didnt last long, but it might be an expensive 10 seconds. maybe not this time, but who knows about the next one...
Old 02-03-2006, 02:10 AM
Quickshift_02GT
4th Gear Member

Agreed. Do you honestly think it was BS that he came to your door and questioned you?

I'm sure I don't need to go into the stories about how dangerous drag racing is and how you shouldn't be doing it in the first place, because every now and then I'm doing the same thing. But for all these people that whine and complain that they almost got busted for it and say how it wasn't fair is just completely rediculous.

All these loopholes and ways to try and fool the law, if you don't want to pay for the consequences...don't do it.
Old 02-03-2006, 02:13 AM
ericdiver
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ericdiver

WOW are u sure u drive a mustang....... life is too short to trade this my car in for a hybrid, i dont go around racing, once in a while i like to punch it, this whole experence lasted about 10 seconds and thats no lie
yeah, you can ignore my avatar, its my neighbors car...[:'(] but im not going to run up my insurance due to tickets or even get myself or someone else killed trying to show off. sure, it didnt last long, but it might be an expensive 10 seconds. maybe not this time, but who knows about the next one...
BELIEVE me I know how stupid it was/is, sitting here i realize i could have killed someone or myself, but when your in your car.....well everyone knows..we have all been there
Old 02-03-2006, 02:14 AM
ericdiver
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Quickshift_02GT

Agreed. Do you honestly think it was BS that he came to your door and questioned you?

I'm sure I don't need to go into the stories about how dangerous drag racing is and how you shouldn't be doing it in the first place, because every now and then I'm doing the same thing. But for all these people that whine and complain that they almost got busted for it and say how it wasn't fair is just completely rediculous.

All these loopholes and ways to try and fool the law, if you don't want to pay for the consequences...don't do it.
HEY I thought it was kinda cool, and nice to be warned....it did put me in my place, i just didnt want my ride towed
Old 02-03-2006, 02:18 AM
rudemood12
2nd Gear Member

well, i guess just consider this your lesson learned... and when you are sitting in your car with the dude next to you revving up - remember how you felt when you answered the door and the cop was standing there. i bet youll think twice.

Quick Reply: BYE BYE personal licence plates and HERES why