4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Anyone have an idea of what my HP #'s would be?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2006, 07:15 PM
99_BLACK_GT
1st Gear Member

Default Anyone have an idea of what my HP #'s would be?

I own a 1999 mustang GT coupe and I am curious to know what my RWHP is. There is not a dyno here in Pueblo. The only one I am aware of is in Denver and it costs too much to dyno it anyway. I will dyno it when I get it tuned but that probably wont be for awhile. Anyway, The car is an automatic and I have BBK LT headers, BBK o/r x-pipe, STEEDA UD pulleys, BBK 75mm TB, BBK plenum, and a Borla Stinger cat back. The car is pretty fast but I dont know how fast. I am also planning on adding nitrous soon (100-150 shot); for now, until I can afford a supercharger. I would also like to get some aluminum cylinder heads and performance cams down the line, then top it all off with a proper tune. I dont really know too much about cylinder heads or cams so any info on what would be the best ( and most affordable) to go with would also be very appreciated. I would like to be sitting around 400 RWHP +/- when its all said and done.
Old 02-03-2006, 07:31 PM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Anyone have an idea of what my HP #'s would be?

ORIGINAL: 99_BLACK_GT

I own a 1999 mustang GT coupe and I am curious to know what my RWHP is. There is not a dyno here in Pueblo. The only one I am aware of is in Denver and it costs too much to dyno it anyway. I will dyno it when I get it tuned but that probably wont be for awhile. Anyway, The car is an automatic and I have BBK LT headers, BBK o/r x-pipe, STEEDA UD pulleys, BBK 75mm TB, BBK plenum, and a Borla Stinger cat back. The car is pretty fast but I dont know how fast. I am also planning on adding nitrous soon (100-150 shot); for now, until I can afford a supercharger. I would also like to get some aluminum cylinder heads and performance cams down the line, then top it all off with a proper tune. I dont really know too much about cylinder heads or cams so any info on what would be the best ( and most affordable) to go with would also be very appreciated. I would like to be sitting around 400 RWHP +/- when its all said and done.
250 RWHP??

400 RWHP is within reach with just the blower and boltons, you don't need cams/heads to get there.
Old 02-03-2006, 07:33 PM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

ORIGINAL: 2000GT4.6

250 RWHP??

400 RWHP is within reach with just the blower and boltons, you don't need cams/heads to get there.

In an auto?????
Old 02-03-2006, 07:51 PM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: code3GT

250 RWHP??

In an auto?????
Oh

Maybe 240 or so??
Old 02-03-2006, 07:57 PM
redass02gt
EXTREME Moderation

wrong direction
Old 02-03-2006, 08:03 PM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: redass02gt

wrong direction

?

No way with a auto he is making more than 240 or so RWHP. No custom tune, not all of the boltons etc.

Please do not tell me there are still people out there that think a boltons only GT will be making 275+ RWHP. It just doesn't happen on a accurate dyno.
Old 02-03-2006, 08:15 PM
99_BLACK_GT
1st Gear Member

2000GT4.6, what are your HP numbers? Also, if I get a 150 shot of nitrous, will my heads and cams be able to handle it well? Thanks for the info, I appreciate the feedback. BTW your car looks good man, especially with the black wing. I would definately go with some black wheels and wade tailligh covers too. Thanks again man.
Old 02-03-2006, 08:17 PM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

2000GT4.6, what are your HP numbers? Also, if I get a 150 shot of nitrous, will my heads and cams be able to handle it well? Thanks for the info, I appreciate the feedback. BTW your car looks good man, especially with the black wing. I would definately go with some black wheels and wade tailligh covers too. Thanks again man.

If you do a 150 shot, do it occassionaly...stick with a 100-125 shot and yes your cams and heads will handle it. It's not the valvetrain, you have to worry about, its the internals.
Old 02-03-2006, 08:21 PM
redass02gt
EXTREME Moderation

wrong direction

?

No way with a auto he is making more than 240 or so RWHP. No custom tune, not all of the boltons etc.

Please do not tell me there are still people out there that think a boltons only GT will be making 275+ RWHP. It just doesn't happen on a accurate dyno.
he is close to full bolt ons. cai and a maf are all he is missing, isn't it? and the tune, I think he could get 240+ with a tune.
Old 02-03-2006, 08:37 PM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

wrong direction

?

he is close to full bolt ons. cai and a maf are all he is missing, isn't it? and the tune, I think he could get 240+ with a tune.
I think with a custom tune, the last few boltons etc he can make something close to 250 RWHP.

I thought you were saying he would make like 260 or something.

Quick Reply: Anyone have an idea of what my HP #'s would be?