4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

"Professional courtesy??"

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2006, 07:22 PM
Emann0007
5th Gear Member

Default RE: "Professional courtesy??"

ORIGINAL: ZW99GT

My dad is a county judge in a relatively small county. He was offered judicial tags, but he did not take them. A few months after he got the job, he got pulled over by a cop that he knew very well while taking me and my freind to school. He asked the officer to write him a ticket.

He says if poor people get tickets for speeding(that cant afford to pay them) then he should not get off the hook just b/c of his job position. He is a very honest man!

I, on the other hand, have used that **** 2 times to get out of a ticket! Ive been pulled over 2 times in my stang by one of my dads friends and he made me call my dad and tell him what i did! lol.
If it were my dad, that would be worse than the ticket[:@]
Old 02-04-2006, 07:27 PM
Albizo66
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Emann0007

If it were my dad, that would be worse than the ticket[:@]
+1 emann, i'm in the same boat as you..i'd ask the cop for his gun so i could off myself if what i did was realll stupid haha
Old 02-04-2006, 07:42 PM
Sidewayz6.0
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: antiv6

i had no idea you were a cop
+1
The Code 3 part didn't give it away for you?
Old 02-04-2006, 08:23 PM
Emann0007
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sidewayz6.0

ORIGINAL: antiv6

i had no idea you were a cop
+1
The Code 3 part didn't give it away for you?

Boy do I feel dumb. wth is a code 3? (I'm not a cop)
Old 02-04-2006, 08:46 PM
Dalthius
2nd Gear Member

Code 3 = emergency response (lights and sirens)
Code 2 = Urgent response (lights)
Code 1 = Routine response (no lights, no sirens)
Old 02-04-2006, 09:26 PM
04BlueGT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: meebix

Yea don't do that sneaky talking business. I got one for you though and it works. DONT DRIVE AWAY! LOL j/k.

Seriously this is a Courteous way to address a cop when being pulled over and I have heard that 1: This reassures the cop you are obviously not going anywhere and you are not anxious, and 2: That you either know a cop, contribute, etc.

Heres the deal:

1. After stopped role down both windows.
2. Put every light on the inside of the car ON
3. Turn the car off and take the keys out of the ignition and put them on the dash borad in the corner of the windshield to the left.

I have been told from cops in my town that this is an insider trick, and that it is obviously respectful and lets them know your obviously not going anywhere and willing to cooperate.
Either that or he assumes you know the drill because you get stopped a lot! LOL

I've found that being honest and respectful works pretty well. Usually, they decide on whether to give the ticket before they approach the vehicle I think. I always acknowledge that, yes, I knew how fast I was going and that I understand that he/she has to issue the ticket in the course of their duties. I don't get the least irrate about it and I haven't had a ticket in more years than I care to admit. I think 1991 was my last ticket. I didn't get out of it, but he did reduce my speed to less than 20 over the posted speed limit. Saved me a trip to Texas traffic court.
Old 02-04-2006, 09:51 PM
metaldrummer
3rd Gear Member

Great! some good info in here. so, to sum it all up:
1. pull over ASAP in the safest place possible
2. turn on the interior light
3. take the keys out of the ignition and put them on the dash
4. roll down both windows
5. be honest and respectful
6. DON't say "professional courtessy"
Old 02-04-2006, 10:40 PM
jlauth
2nd Gear Member

I have heard that if you were speeding it is best if you tell the cop exactly how fast you were going. Dont give him the i dont know i though i was going the speed limit. I was pulled over once, and i could see it comming so i pulled over imediatly and told the officer that i was going 55 and then he said you were going 54. When he got back to my supprise he only had a warning.
Old 02-04-2006, 10:47 PM
boyntonstylez
1st Gear Member

My father in law is a retired sargent for the city police force, half of the force knows me. From him and from prior experiences... They still pull me over just to d**k me around, they know Im on probation for street racing. I usually get laughed at and then a personal phone call from my father in law. But the way I usually avoid tickets is pretty much the same way as stated. Be VERY respectful. Dont LIE they always know the truth. And dont mention that you have a officer in the family, they wont care.

I must state this tho... as a repeat offender of traffic rules, the best way to avoid tickets is.... dont break the rules.
Old 02-04-2006, 10:53 PM
meebix
4th Gear Member

I must state this tho... as a repeat offender of traffic rules, the best way to avoid tickets is.... dont break the rules.
+2

LoL, thats a great way to look at it also...