4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

magnapacks catback or slp loudmouth

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2006, 01:06 AM
dvs_03gt
4th Gear Member

Default RE: magnapacks catback or slp loudmouth

if i have magnaflow xpipes 2 1/2" pipin 2 hi flo cats should i go magnpacks or slp end of story. lol
Old 02-05-2006, 01:06 AM
dvs_03gt
4th Gear Member

whats the diff goin to be?
Old 02-05-2006, 01:16 AM
blueangelfightr
5th Gear Member

Magnapacks! I'm sorry, I like the LM1's too, but I LOVE the packs!
Old 02-05-2006, 01:29 AM
meebix
4th Gear Member

Dvs: Go with the Loudmouths... Hands down, did you read the posts? Look at the praise they get. Yea magnapacks sound OK, but just ok nothing more. They are very very quiet at idle, don't really have a rumble, and only sound good at WOT and high rpms.. no one goes that fast anyway. THATS the difference Dvs.

Go with the loudmouths, you will NOT be disappointed. Best catback on the market.

That is gonna be insanely loud.

Really really loud exhaust is really really cool for about the first two days. Then it is really really annoying.

I hope your Xpipe isn't gonna be catless, or your gonna be running around with a headache.
I am going with the catted mid-pipe. I know it is going to be really loud, thats what I want. My stupid magnaflows are so disappointing.. I recently realized that the o/r pipe would probably be ridiculous, and I really don't want it raspy.. so yes I will have the cats, WITH the race pipes just in case =). I know I don't fully understand how loud it will be, and its going to be so much louder in person, but Im ready.. I can't wait. And plus, yea for some people loud exhaust is cool for a while.. But Im 18 years old... A loud exhaust is right up my ally....... ALL the time =)
Old 02-05-2006, 01:39 AM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: meebix

Dvs: Go with the Loudmouths... Hands down, did you read the posts? Look at the praise they get. Yea magnapacks sound OK, but just ok nothing more. They are very very quiet at idle, don't really have a rumble, and only sound good at WOT and high rpms.. no one goes that fast anyway. THATS the difference Dvs.

Go with the loudmouths, you will NOT be disappointed. Best catback on the market.

That is gonna be insanely loud.

Really really loud exhaust is really really cool for about the first two days. Then it is really really annoying.

I hope your Xpipe isn't gonna be catless, or your gonna be running around with a headache.
I am going with the catted mid-pipe. I know it is going to be really loud, thats what I want. My stupid magnaflows are so disappointing.. I recently realized that the o/r pipe would probably be ridiculous, and I really don't want it raspy.. so yes I will have the cats, WITH the race pipes just in case =). I know I don't fully understand how loud it will be, and its going to be so much louder in person, but Im ready.. I can't wait. And plus, yea for some people loud exhaust is cool for a while.. But Im 18 years old... A loud exhaust is right up my ally....... ALL the time =)
I guess.

Personnally, I like being able to press the clutch in after that stoplight race and coast by the po-po without attracting much attention. I wouldn't call the car quiet or "not deep" at idle, but its not annoyingly loud either. On the comment of "high RPMs, nobody goes that fast" wtf does that mean?? My car hits "high RPMs" every time I race. What does the speed have to do with anything???

To each his own I guess. Exactly what you are describing as a bad thing is what I love about my exaust. Its kinda stealthy until you step into it, and then it's orgasmic.

Old 02-05-2006, 01:46 AM
meebix
4th Gear Member

Heh, everyone talks about the cops. I'm going to flip out if I get pulled over for my exhaust. ITS NOT ILLEGAL.

Im just going to tell them that the towns ****ing garbage trucks wakes me up every saturday morning and that it is probably louder than my car. You find a way to quiet those damn 18 wheelers down, then we can talk about my exhaust, lol.

Does anyone honestly know what they say... or um, make up.. when they pull you over for an exhaust system?

"Noise-loitering?"
"Your car is too loud?"
"Wow that sounds good, but Im going to pull this kid over anyway?"

Im joking around obviously, but does anyone know what the "charge" is? Seriously?
Old 02-05-2006, 01:56 AM
blueangelfightr
5th Gear Member

Heh, everyone talks about the cops. I'm going to flip out if I get pulled over for my exhaust. ITS NOT ILLEGAL.

Im just going to tell them that the towns ****ing garbage trucks wakes me up every saturday morning and that it is probably louder than my car. You find a way to quiet those damn 18 wheelers down, then we can talk about my exhaust, lol.

Does anyone honestly know what they say... or um, make up.. when they pull you over for an exhaust system?

"Noise-loitering?"
"Your car is too loud?"

Im joking around obviously, but does anyone know what the "charge" is? Seriously?
Umm, well... excessive noise is the charge I believe. And yes, trucks are louder. But think of it like this. They came that way STOCK. By you adding an exhaust you give up the right to use that excuse.
Old 02-05-2006, 02:06 AM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: blueangelfightr

"Noise-loitering?"
"Your car is too loud?"

Umm, well... excessive noise is the charge I believe. And yes, trucks are louder. But think of it like this. They came that way STOCK. By you adding an exhaust you give up the right to use that excuse.
Other than the big beeping noise they make, I doubt a garbage truck is gonna be louder than LTs/Hpipe and a set of LM1s. They are freaking LOUD with LTs.

With no cats it would be headache inducing loud for sure. The cats might tame it a bit, but its still gonna be freaking loud.

And yes, it is illegal. Excessive noise etc. Besides, I just don't want the attention. Get pulled over for that, then get a ticket for tint, maybe one for no emmissions equipment (no cats) then etc etc. Cops get pissed at ya and then rape you for all your worth.

But like I said, its mostly just a 'what you want' thing. I didn't get my exaust because of the law. And like I said, everyone has their own personal taste etc. But its sure not that the magnaflows don't sound good.
Old 02-05-2006, 02:23 AM
blueangelfightr
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2000GT4.6

ORIGINAL: blueangelfightr

"Noise-loitering?"
"Your car is too loud?"

Other than the big beeping noise they make, I doubt a garbage truck is gonna be louder than LTs/Hpipe and a set of LM1s. They are freaking LOUD with LTs.

With no cats it would be headache inducing loud for sure. The cats might tame it a bit, but its still gonna be freaking loud.

And yes, it is illegal. Excessive noise etc. Besides, I just don't want the attention. Get pulled over for that, then get a ticket for tint, maybe one for no emmissions equipment (no cats) then etc etc. Cops get pissed at ya and then rape you for all your worth.
But like I said, its mostly just a 'what you want' thing. I didn't get my exaust because of the law. And like I said, everyone has their own personal taste etc. But its sure not that the magnaflows don't sound good.
Exactally!
Old 02-05-2006, 02:29 AM
meebix
4th Gear Member

But Im saying, the parts on the car are not illegal. Ok yea they can pull me over for excess noise, and what I am going to do about it.. nothing. But Im just saying, as far as technicallities with parts.. I told you I will have the cats ON, so nothing is technically illegal.

And I have nothing against the magnapacks.. they are just too weak for me, I have some on my car now...I just like the Loudmouths better, like you said its a preference.

And I agree, I would never change my mind because of the law... Cops make up laws anyway, I swear.

And PS - Dude, lol.. You have no idea, those freaking garbage trucks... Have you ever heard them when they push the garbage foward in the truck..? When they pull that lever? Its FREAKING LOUD... wakes me up every morning right in front of my house, lol. At least I won't flaunt my noise level... only somtimes =)

Haha, yea I know. But then don't sell aftermarket exhaust systems.. My point again, technically its NOT illegal. It just makes me mad that they can even pull you over and cost you money for **** like that... there are plently of loud things out there that are much more annoying than a nice sounding loud exhaust system... whether its "stock" or not, I dont care, they are still loud. Im just going to use the "The car came that way, and I dont know crap about cars" excuse... That seems to work, cause Im not removing my $1400 exhaust system.. sorry.