4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

GT races

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2006, 04:32 AM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

Default GT races

I was just wondering how often you guys with GT's get races in? I've had my car since June of last year, and I've only had like 3 real races from a stop. And in my old car, which was a 4 door sedan, granted it had i/h/e, but still, I would get like 2 or 3 races in a day. I know theres alot of quicker cars out there but I dont seem to come across any ever. I live here by FT. Campbell, and I think the reason might be because alot of Soldiers are gone, because I know when they were here it was race heaven, I just didnt think it was totally the Soldiers that raced. I have a few friends, but they dont come out until like 11pm and thats when I'm on my way to work. So just let me know how often you guys race. Thanks.
Old 02-05-2006, 04:33 AM
MustangMafia
4th Gear Member

Default RE: GT races

This post might prosper more in the street/strip forum.... And I have only gotten in about 2 or 3 races from a stop since I got my car in November. Won them both BTW
Old 02-05-2006, 04:43 AM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MustangMafia

This post might prosper more in the street/strip forum.... And I have only gotten in about 2 or 3 races from a stop since I got my car in November. Won them both BTW
I was gonna put it in the street/strip forum, I know I should have and I've been here a few months so I should know, but this is basically directed towards just GT's.
Old 02-05-2006, 04:44 AM
Like778
2nd Gear Member

a few races (maybe 4 or 5), but alot of ricers around here and they leave me alone (i beat up on their friends). besides that, florida has new laws dealing street racing. could lose your car if convicted, YIKES!
Old 02-05-2006, 04:56 AM
JT76

I have raced tons of ricers and beat em all. The ones that come to memory are me vs a 2002 VW jetta 1.8 turbo when i was stock, i beat him but it was close. I murdered an SRT4 but that was with my mods. My one friend has a 1978 Camaro z28 that turned out to be like a snail and he was smoked. Killed a 97 LT1 Camaro the day before my car went away for the winter. Raced a 1993 Corvette, it was close but i won by about 2 cars. The most funny was agaisnt some old grandpa in his 2003 Cadillac De Ville Boat, turns out it has 300 Hp and it was pretty damn fast and i was stock at the time. I raced my uncle's 1969 Mach 1 and beat him. I Never had a chance to run any ls1 cars but i know i would get destroyed or any evo or sti's or any really fast rice for that matter. Another race when i was stock was aganst a saturn ION redline and it was no slouch eiether. i Havent had many races since i have been modded. I can honestly say i was killed only once and it was against an 03 Mustang GT that looked stock with some guy in his 40's behind the wheel. I thought "oh easy kill" but it turned out to be Kenne Bell supercharged and when i heard the screaming sound i nearly crapped myself...needless to say he was GONE! Thats about all i can think of right now, tons of other races agaisnt all kinds of slow a$$ riced out civics, celicas, neons, lancers, eclipses, bla bla bla the list goes on, V6 stangs , V6 and IROC camaros but they arnt worth writing out.
Old 02-05-2006, 12:53 PM
blueangelfightr
5th Gear Member

Ummm, in a year? Probally 10ish. Thats street. I like to pick on bigger cars like SL55 AMG's, vettes, lambos, etc. I don't mind losing, I like to see how much I have to do to keep up. But I also win quite a few. Once I had 3 races in a day, actually in an hours time.... all mustangs. A 5.0, a 99-04 V6, and a 2005 GT. I beat all but the 05. And yes, this was the highway. That was a fun day.
Old 02-05-2006, 12:58 PM
mustang_montana
4th Gear Member

all the "street racers" come out at like 2:30 in the morning when im about to go to bed, i can hear them farting around out there. only cars that try to race me are punk kids that are just screwing around flying by everyone they see. i dont typically street race, but i have a feeling this summer with all the work im doing itll be tempting.
Old 02-05-2006, 01:09 PM
Car_Ramrod
4th Gear Member

its decently easy to get into races while i am here at home. ive been in a bunch. but back up at college nobody at all seems to want to race...which is the opposite from what i thought. one nite i was out and pulled up next to an ls1...and would have lost but wanted to race anyways. but no. nothing. [:@]

o...and what new laws in Florida??? i was totally unaware of these laws. [sm=WTFsgign.gif].
Old 02-05-2006, 01:14 PM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 01SilverGT

I was just wondering how often you guys with GT's get races in? I've had my car since June of last year, and I've only had like 3 real races from a stop. And in my old car, which was a 4 door sedan, granted it had i/h/e, but still, I would get like 2 or 3 races in a day. I know theres alot of quicker cars out there but I dont seem to come across any ever. I live here by FT. Campbell, and I think the reason might be because alot of Soldiers are gone, because I know when they were here it was race heaven, I just didnt think it was totally the Soldiers that raced. I have a few friends, but they dont come out until like 11pm and thats when I'm on my way to work. So just let me know how often you guys race. Thanks.
I constantly get rice trying to race me. Mustangs in general and GTs in particular have a very weak rep around here (thank you 96=98s). The worse the rep the better for me, nothing like the suprise on a ricer face when you walk off from an attempted flyby
Old 02-05-2006, 01:24 PM
Matts00GT
4th Gear Member

I get 0 races. Not a damn person will run me on the street. I pull up to other GT's and get nothing. Only place I've found some1 to race is the track.

Quick Reply: GT races