4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Check out these rims for me...

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 01:51 PM
rudemood12
2nd Gear Member

Default Check out these rims for me...

need a new pair of summer rims, retiring the stock bullits for winter use. found these on ebay -

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT

they were considerably cheaper than a lot of the other ones i looked at, i almost thought there might be something wrong with them. what does everything think? i have a white 01 gt, if it matters.

just looking to get some opinions before i drop the dough on them... almost cant pass them up because of the price, and they look great to me.
Old 02-07-2006, 02:00 PM
red2k1gt
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Check out these rims for me...

It's going to come out around $430 for everything which is a fairly decent price, probably not the best quality though. If you like them well enough to spend that much get them or you could get ones from mustangtuning.com for like $50-100 more.
Old 02-07-2006, 02:21 PM
czwalga00gt
5th Gear Member

mustangtuning sucks... dont ever buy anything from there.
MustangMafia
4th Gear Member

Ummmm do you plan on buying new tires soon? Those are 17x9, and I believe your stock size is 17x8
MustangMafia
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: czwalga00gt

Do you have any arguments to back up this logic? Or is it complete randomness???
Old 02-07-2006, 02:29 PM
GTnAZ
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MustangMafia

ORIGINAL: czwalga00gt

Do you have any arguments to back up this logic? Or is it complete randomness???
yeah...???
Old 02-07-2006, 02:37 PM
rudemood12
2nd Gear Member

Ummmm do you plan on buying new tires soon? Those are 17x9, and I believe your stock size is 17x8
yeah, i am getting new tires, hence getting the new rims i thought stock size was 17x9, no? maybe i just messed it up.

which ones i am looking at from mustang tuning for $50-100 more? the same wheels? my only beef with MT.com is their response time to emails. i had to wait a week and emails to two different departments for a response because they sent me the wrong part. that didnt sit well. they remedied the situation however.
Old 02-07-2006, 02:38 PM
czwalga00gt
5th Gear Member

I've ordered from them 4 times... not once has anything been in stock. Only once did i recieve an email saying that the items are not in stock.

That time... i ordered o2 extensions. Well i planned ahead and ordered A MONTH before I would be doing my long tube install. I got the email saying they would be in next week, so I was like cool ill have them about a week before I do the install. Nope, I called them and said they still arent in stock and should have got an email (the standard bull **** they serve you). Well I didnt get them even though I ordered a month earlier. I had to drive 3ish hours to summit and 3ish hours back to beable to complete the long tube install so I would have my car ready by the time i went back to school.

List of things I never recieved from them: SLP Catback, steeda triax, catted prochamber, o2 extensions.

^^ All seperate orders.

They can burn in hell, there business practices suck. LMPerformance is MUCH better.
Old 02-07-2006, 02:42 PM
MustangMafia
4th Gear Member

I have ordered 5 things from them and all showed up just when they were supposed to. It is probably just because they are a smaller company they can't afford to stock a lot of everything. I have never had any problem with them, but I usually just go for what has the best deals on what I am looking for.
Old 02-07-2006, 02:43 PM
MustangMafia
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rudemood12

yeah, i am getting new tires, hence getting the new rims i thought stock size was 17x9, no? maybe i just messed it up.

which ones i am looking at from mustang tuning for $50-100 more? the same wheels? my only beef with MT.com is their response time to emails. i had to wait a week and emails to two different departments for a response because they sent me the wrong part. that didnt sit well. they remedied the situation however.
I'm pretty sure the stock size is 17x8.... I could be wrong.... I would think so because stock tire size is 245/45/17 isnt it?

Quick Reply: Check out these rims for me...