4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Cobra DEAL

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 02:18 AM
Dalthius
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Cobra DEAL

Why not add a Cobra? C'mon!

I mean, besides the insane insurance payments....

Then all I'd have to do is get a v6, but....why?
Old 02-09-2006, 02:18 AM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Dalthius

Yup. Sell the Cobra, use the money to pay off Mach and supe it up....forge it, nitrous, all the fun stuff, maybe keep it n/a.

Why waste your cash doing all that when the car you are buying for 18k comes with a bullet proof engine & transmission? That would be the smart move, rather that investing thousands upon thousands and assuming you don't do your own work, thousands into labor.

To each his own, I guess.
Old 02-09-2006, 02:19 AM
Dalthius
2nd Gear Member

True....

Hmpf.

I want a dragstrip car, but I just don't like the Cobra name and all the "I'm better than you" crap that comes along with it.
Old 02-09-2006, 02:29 AM
01yellowgt
3rd Gear Member

If i was you I would take her up on it, and sell the mach.

I think you would have more buyers here if it was hardtop. Me included.
Old 02-09-2006, 02:30 AM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

I remember you saying that before and honestly there is a very very small amount of Cobra owners like that.

If you've owned a 2v and then convert to a 4v, you really begin to see the limitations of that motor and understand what it feels like to throw your money away when you could have made a more wise decision and just got with a 4v car.

I did the whole 2v thing and it was just continually letting me down and I decided it was time to go LS1 or go 4v and I just so happened to get a good deal on a 04 Cobra and bought it.

I am always willing to help 2v guys and I don't look down at them at all, we all have our budget and we all have to work with what we have. It's just for certain people who HAVE the cash to spend on a car, it sucks to see them dumping it into a 2v (like 2000GT4.6) and staying NA and end up spending $3500+ for 280RWHP N/A.

Honestly, if you are really able to pick up this Cobra for $18,000, the engine is bullet proof, you will not have a failure and your transmission will be bullet proof and you will not have a failure. If you buy the IRS brace kit you will have a IRS that will hold up to low 11 second passes, it's a very very cheap purchase and more Cobra owners need to consider buying it. If you wanted a forged bottom end & a transmission stronger than the 3650, in the end you will have neared the 10k mark for that alone, considering parts, labor, shipping & tuning, after you have already paid whatever you paid to buy the Mach 1. Financially, it wouldn't be the brightest move, I'm sure you are aware of that and if you are hooked on your Mach 1 and you have the cash to do so..by all means do it.
Old 02-09-2006, 02:31 AM
ZW99GT
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dalthius

True....

Hmpf.

I want a dragstrip car, but I just don't like the Cobra name and all the "I'm better than you" crap that comes along with it.

WHY NOT?????? ITS TRUE!!
Old 02-09-2006, 02:33 AM
Quickshift_02GT
4th Gear Member

You rmaking it that much harder for me to stay with the GT.

ORIGINAL: Dan04COBRA

I remember you saying that before and honestly there is a very very small amount of Cobra owners like that.

If you've owned a 2v and then convert to a 4v, you really begin to see the limitations of that motor and understand what it feels like to throw your money away when you could have made a more wise decision and just got with a 4v car.

I did the whole 2v thing and it was just continually letting me down and I decided it was time to go LS1 or go 4v and I just so happened to get a good deal on a 04 Cobra and bought it.

I am always willing to help 2v guys and I don't look down at them at all, we all have our budget and we all have to work with what we have. It's just for certain people who HAVE the cash to spend on a car, it sucks to see them dumping it into a 2v (like 2000GT4.6) and staying NA and end up spending $3500+ for 280RWHP N/A.

Honestly, if you are really able to pick up this Cobra for $18,000, the engine is bullet proof, you will not have a failure and your transmission will be bullet proof and you will not have a failure. If you buy the IRS brace kit you will have a IRS that will hold up to low 11 second passes, it's a very very cheap purchase and more Cobra owners need to consider buying it. If you wanted a forged bottom end & a transmission stronger than the 3650, in the end you will have neared the 10k mark for that alone, considering parts, labor, shipping & tuning, after you have already paid whatever you paid to buy the Mach 1. Financially, it wouldn't be the brightest move, I'm sure you are aware of that and if you are hooked on your Mach 1 and you have the cash to do so..by all means do it.
Old 02-09-2006, 03:15 AM
Hoov
1st Gear Member

I know it's a different color but ... !!!

Old 02-09-2006, 06:39 AM
DarkShadowGT03
3rd Gear Member

Wow, I can't believe ur passin this up. This is like a once in a lifetime deal!!!!!
Old 02-09-2006, 06:52 AM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

If shes truely your friend, than you wouldnt do that to her. You should help her find the best possible deal she can. If you can afford a Mach and GT and afford to mod both of them, than you can afford to let this go and help her out to benefit her, not you.

Quick Reply: Cobra DEAL