4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

where to get a V6 trunklid???

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 05:20 PM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

Default where to get a V6 trunklid???

im wondering where i can get a V6 trunklid for free or to trade.... i took of my spolier today and fell in love with the look.... it looks mean. i just cant find plugs and i dont think it will look very good with plugs so i need to find some other way of fixing it so i can keep it like that....
Old 02-15-2006, 05:34 PM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

Default RE: where to get a V6 trunklid???

Welcome to the "Fast Mustang" club...LOL One of the best places to look is one the V6 Mustang boards, those guys are always looking for GT trunks with spoilers.
Old 02-15-2006, 05:39 PM
MustangMafia
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: code3GT

Welcome to the "Fast Mustang" club...LOL One of the best places to look is one the V6 Mustang boards, those guys are always looking for GT trunks with spoilers.
+1 seems reasonable.... Might be more worthwhile to just have a body shop fill the holes since you will probably have to have the truck painted anyway. Unless you can find a v6 that is the same color as you that wants to trade you...
Old 02-16-2006, 01:58 AM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

yea... im looking for the same color V6.. which is not impossible, but close to it... im on the look out for V6 mustangs now... hahahaha. i thought about the body work... but i wonder how much it will cost... and i plan on a 03-04 cobra spoiler eventually....
Old 02-16-2006, 02:45 AM
Dark_Horse
3rd Gear Member

i think 99+ mustang look really good with out spoilers. lol i think its soo funny that V6 mustang want GT bumpers, exhaust and spoilers and GT guys want V6 bumpers and trunk lids. its cool though it looks good
Old 02-16-2006, 02:52 AM
MustangMafia
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: racer02GTstang

yea... im looking for the same color V6.. which is not impossible, but close to it... im on the look out for V6 mustangs now... hahahaha. i thought about the body work... but i wonder how much it will cost... and i plan on a 03-04 cobra spoiler eventually....
Would an 03 cobra spolier cover the holes you think???
Old 02-16-2006, 03:15 AM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MustangMafia

ORIGINAL: racer02GTstang

Would an 03 cobra spolier cover the holes you think???

there is a chance that it will cover the back holes, but there is no way that the front holes can be covered by it. the front holes are almost in the center of the trunk lid i'd say. i wish it would though... then i would take that route right away and save alot of money.

darkhorse, ya i think its funny how all us GT guys want their trunklids... but, the car just looks so mean and agressive with big tires out back and dropped with no spoiler and a GT body kit. it makes the lines of the car stand out more.
Old 02-16-2006, 12:32 PM
BraMas
5th Gear Member

So how do 96 GT's look without the spoiler. Because I have been thinking about taking mine off/.
Old 02-16-2006, 01:23 PM
closer9
2nd Gear Member

I tried for several weeks to find DSG V6 to swap with me, but never did. Finally had the holes filled and painted. I'm glad I did though, cause I got rid of the oval this way too...

Old 02-16-2006, 06:17 PM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: closer9

I tried for several weeks to find DSG V6 to swap with me, but never did. Finally had the holes filled and painted. I'm glad I did though, cause I got rid of the oval this way too...

that thing looks amazing... i will do that when i get my work done too with getting rid of the oval. not to be nosey, but how much did it cost to get the holes filled and painted?

Quick Reply: where to get a V6 trunklid???