4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

EXHAUST QUESTION

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2006, 04:44 AM
Like778
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: EXHAUST QUESTION

a little louder then stock. american thunder is flowmaster, go to their web site, they should have some sound clips.
Old 02-16-2006, 04:49 AM
03greyGT
3rd Gear Member

I kinda agree with code...everyone praises magnaflow, and for a while I thought thats what I wanted, but the past few hours Ive been listening to a lot of magnaflow soundclips, and even though they sound nice...I still think that I may go with the ever popular Flowmasters....thay should sound ok with an h pipe...
Old 02-16-2006, 04:55 AM
GTowner4life
3rd Gear Member

I have magnaflows and they sound indentical to stock for the most part. But with an off road mid pipe im sure its a diffrent story maybe/hopefully heh.

My firend said his 02 gt came stock with flowmaster stage 1??
Old 02-16-2006, 04:58 AM
03greyGT
3rd Gear Member

Thats what I heard, mostly stock until you do a midpipe/headers...I dunno tho...I get so tired of changing my mind tho...but I think im finally sure...flowmasters with a catted h pipe...final answer...lol
Old 02-16-2006, 04:58 AM
Like778
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GTowner4life

I have magnaflows and they sound indentical to stock for the most part. But with an off road mid pipe im sure its a diffrent story maybe/hopefully heh.

My firend said his 02 gt came stock with flowmaster stage 1??
stock w/flowmasters? never heard of that. he bought it new?
Old 02-16-2006, 05:01 AM
GTowner4life
3rd Gear Member

used, so there is no real proof just his word so dont quote me. They are realy quiet but if you know what to listen for you can tell they are flows. Put two and two together maybe its true.
Old 02-16-2006, 05:03 AM
03greyGT
3rd Gear Member

My car has Cherry Bombs on it now with the midpipes coming out of the mufflers and goin straight to the manifolds..totally eliminating an h pipe all together, and stock tail pipes coming out the back. I LOVE the way it sounds, but emissions will kill me. I wish I could do an H pipe with 2.5 inch pipes and the same mufflers in 2.5 inch, but I dont want to have a system bent up for it because im not sure if ill get the same sound I want..it may end up bein like LM1s or magnapacks...im stickin with flowmasters..
Old 02-16-2006, 05:04 AM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

here's LT's, o/r x, 2 chamber flows and tail pipes

Click here to see Video

Same thing but dumped Flows

Click here to see Video

same thing

Click here to see Video

LT's, o/r x, Dynomax Race Bullets and tail pipes

Click here to see Video

Same as above

Click here to see Video

stock exhaust manifolds, MAC Pro-Chamber w'dumped 2 chamber Flows

Click here to see Video

same as above

Click here to see Video

Hope this helps at least a little.
Old 02-16-2006, 05:15 AM
03greyGT
3rd Gear Member

WOW, all I can say is i regret ever doubting flowmaster. I go to WyoTech where everyone says that mustangs with flowmasters are everywhere and they all sound tha sxame...then I realized all those guys drove civics, WRXs, and 240s. The sound that your car has with them is EXACTLY what I am looking for. You said your running a pro chmber..Ive seen them but dont exactly know what they do...looks like mufflers on an x pipe..did that give you some of the sound because yours doesnt sound raspy at all like people say that they do with an o/r x pipe...and are those stage 1 cams? cause thats exactly the idle I want..just thought you needed like stage 2 or 3 to get that...thanks for the clips man...sorry for all the freakin questions...
Old 02-16-2006, 05:19 AM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

ORIGINAL: 03greyGT

WOW, all I can say is i regret ever doubting flowmaster. I go to WyoTech where everyone says that mustangs with flowmasters are everywhere and they all sound tha sxame...then I realized all those guys drove civics, WRXs, and 240s. The sound that your car has with them is EXACTLY what I am looking for. You said your running a pro chmber..Ive seen them but dont exactly know what they do...looks like mufflers on an x pipe..did that give you some of the sound because yours doesnt sound raspy at all like people say that they do with an o/r x pipe...and are those stage 1 cams? cause thats exactly the idle I want..just thought you needed like stage 2 or 3 to get that...thanks for the clips man...sorry for all the freakin questions...
The black one has the prochamber. I am an x-pipe man all the way on mine. The black one is the Mrs'. My cams are custom grinds from VT Engines, QUITE a bit larger than Stage 1's..they are 284 duration and 601 lift.

Quick Reply: EXHAUST QUESTION