4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

lmI vs. lmII

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2006, 12:44 AM
RiCe_KiLlEr
4th Gear Member

Default lmI vs. lmII

right now my car is stock, and in a few weeks im gonna get a cat back exhaust. I have decided to get the slp loudmouth exhaust but not sure which one to get. The lmI's or lmII's. for a while i will be running the stock h-pipe, and later on im gettin longtube headers and o/r x-pipe. so which slp exhaust should i go with??
Old 02-19-2006, 12:49 AM
sprostang
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: lmI vs. lmII

Go with the 2`s. The 1`s will be way too loud with an O/R midpipe and they sound alot better.
Old 02-19-2006, 12:52 AM
meebix
4th Gear Member

I ordered my Loudmouth 1's with a VRS o/r X-pipe.

This is BY FAR the loudest possible setup on the market. If you don't like LLLLOOOOOUUUUDDDDD stay away from the LM1's with a full exhaust setup.

My setup is going to rattle your doors off your hinges =)

PS - Definitely go with some type of Loudmouth though. If you don't want it that loud go with the LM2's. Loudmouths are easily the best sounding catbacks on the market.
Old 02-19-2006, 12:55 AM
RiCe_KiLlEr
4th Gear Member

now when u say loud, how loud is it really. loud to where it gets annoying when driving or sounds bad ***.
Old 02-19-2006, 01:04 AM
meebix
4th Gear Member

now when u say loud, how loud is it really. loud to where it gets annoying when driving or sounds bad ***.
Ok heres the deal. I THINK that my setup sounds bad ***. It is BY FAR the most agressive, loudest, meanest setup you will ever hear. It is going to freakin ROAR.

The ONLY downside, is that at high rpms, such at 4200+ it may gets a little bit raspy. Not to the point where it sounds "bad" but you will notice a different wining sound that most of the other catbacks or stock. Thats the only downside. This happens because there is absolutely ZERO restriction in my system. Its basically like running straight pipes, without losing the back pressure, because I do what the mufflers on there. They are pretty much hollow though. But when you are at low rpms, and when you get on it, its sounds AMAZING, IMO. It freakin roars like you won't believe.

I know a bunch of people who like it LOUD like myself, and I know others who say that this setup is just tooooo loud. Some people say its annoying after a while, others say they love it and would not change a thing. Its really up to you!

Just an overview:
It may sound a little raspy at high rpms.
It is going to be freakin loud, like completely drone out powerstroke deisel engines. And when you get on it, FORGET ABOUT IT.
It is the meanest, most aggressive, loudest setup you will hear. It ROARS, and sounds so, just, MEAN. I love it.

I can't wait until its all installed in a week! Its on order right now!

Hope this helps.
Old 02-19-2006, 01:08 AM
RiCe_KiLlEr
4th Gear Member

well by the sound of it you are just like me, the louder the better lol. so i guess ill go with the lmI's and see how they are. thanks for the help
Old 02-19-2006, 01:11 AM
meebix
4th Gear Member

Np, good luck.

Look for my post in about 12 days or so. As soon as I get my full exhaust installed I will make a post and let you all know how it sounds.

I hope it sounds like everything Ive ever wanted! I can't wait. Its all I can think about, heh =)
Old 02-19-2006, 01:29 AM
stangman2354
3rd Gear Member

i have the lm2s and they are deeper than loud but are still really loud...it sounds really good but if u want really LOUD and deep then go with lm1 but if u want really DEEP then loud go with the lm2s
Old 02-19-2006, 01:32 AM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

LM1 is LOUD and deep
LM2 is loud and DEEP
Old 02-19-2006, 01:43 AM
MustangMafia
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: meebix

Ok heres the deal. I THINK that my setup sounds bad ***. It is BY FAR the most agressive, loudest, meanest setup you will ever hear. It is going to freakin ROAR.

The ONLY downside, is that at high rpms, such at 4200+ it may gets a little bit raspy. Not to the point where it sounds "bad" but you will notice a different wining sound that most of the other catbacks or stock. Thats the only downside. This happens because there is absolutely ZERO restriction in my system. Its basically like running straight pipes, without losing the back pressure, because I do what the mufflers on there. They are pretty much hollow though. But when you are at low rpms, and when you get on it, its sounds AMAZING, IMO. It freakin roars like you won't believe.

I know a bunch of people who like it LOUD like myself, and I know others who say that this setup is just tooooo loud. Some people say its annoying after a while, others say they love it and would not change a thing. Its really up to you!

Just an overview:
It may sound a little raspy at high rpms.
It is going to be freakin loud, like completely drone out powerstroke deisel engines. And when you get on it, FORGET ABOUT IT.
It is the meanest, most aggressive, loudest setup you will hear. It ROARS, and sounds so, just, MEAN. I love it.

I can't wait until its all installed in a week! Its on order right now!

Hope this helps.
Wait, I didn't understand your post. It's not installed yet and you still know exactly what it sounds like?

Quick Reply: lmI vs. lmII