4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

I know understand in what way imports are better than our american cars

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 02:02 AM
XxphantomsnypzxX
3rd Gear Member

Default I know understand in what way imports are better than our american cars

I figured it out, its around a track. The mustangs camaros, trans ams which are reasonably priced, cannot track race to save itself. Granted they can drag better, that does not help me. I guess instead of modding the stang, I'll pick up an import and prepare it for track racing due to theres a road course track 30 min away but no dragstrip for over an hour and a 1/2. Considering an MR2, just b/c they are light, maybe an Evo or STi not quite sure yet. I know I'm gonna try to pick one up for cheap. I figure going with high miles is my best bet, rebuild the tranny and engine myself and there you have it.
Old 02-21-2006, 02:03 AM
gt96stang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: I know understand in what way imports are better than our american cars

ORIGINAL: XxphantomsnypzxX

I figured it out, its around a track. The mustangs camaros, trans ams which are reasonably priced, cannot track race to save itself. Granted they can drag better, that does not help me. I guess instead of modding the stang, I'll pick up an import and prepare it for track racing due to theres a road course track 30 min away but no dragstrip for over an hour and a 1/2. Considering an MR2, just b/c they are light, maybe an Evo or STi not quite sure yet. I know I'm gonna try to pick one up for cheap. I figure going with high miles is my best bet, rebuild the tranny and engine myself and there you have it.
Ok... Quit posting the SAME thing everywhere.
Old 02-21-2006, 02:09 AM
XxphantomsnypzxX
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: I know understand in what way imports are better than our american cars

I might stay sort of domestic and go with a Dodge Stealth which is the same thing as a 3000GT. 320ish hp out of a V6 isnt bad.
Old 02-21-2006, 02:14 AM
MustangMafia
4th Gear Member

I might stay sort of domestic and go with a Dodge Stealth which is the same thing as a 3000GT. 320ish hp out of a V6 isnt bad.

And did you consider an S2000?!?! Those things are crazy. I drove one before I bought my Mustang and was very impressed. Handles like a dream and has one best feeling gear boxes I've ever had the pleasure of molesting...

Old 02-21-2006, 02:29 AM
HaV
5th Gear Member

You know.. my wife was looking at a tiburon a while back before we got her jeep.. I found this article on them... cheap disposable cars.. but pretty good for road racing apparently.

link

Its from motor trend. Good quote from the article:
The $19,000 Tiburon GT V6 lapped just 1.5 seconds behind a $57,000 Porsche Boxster S. The racing Tiburon's lap times shamed a mighty Corvette Z06.
Was rather impressed with the handling.. I prefer power and straight line.. not alot of curves where I live
Old 02-21-2006, 02:37 AM
czwalga00gt
5th Gear Member

yeah cause the 320'ish version has turbo's. Also why would you buy stealth they are just as heavy if not heavier than mustangs.

If you want to track buy a miata and put about 2-3k into it.
Old 02-21-2006, 02:46 AM
Rupes

boost a miata with a small t3/t4 at about 8-9psi. ALOT of potential in those little mazdas
Old 02-21-2006, 02:48 AM
MustangMafia
4th Gear Member

S2000............
Old 02-21-2006, 03:01 AM
ZW99GT
6th Gear Member

Screw all that. get a z06. Or you could do a IRS swap in ur gt.
Old 02-21-2006, 03:02 AM
MustangMafia
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ZW99GT

Screw all that. get a z06. Or you could do a IRS swap in ur gt.
And how much would that cost?

Quick Reply: I know understand in what way imports are better than our american cars