4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

SUBARU VS STANG

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 02:28 PM
MustangMafia
4th Gear Member

Default RE: SUBARU VS STANG

ORIGINAL: rstylianou

Hey red you dont have to be a dick, there seems to be alot of ******** on this site.red thinks he mr. badass, i'm guessing you jerkoff to your mustang every night don't you.[sm=chairshot.gif]
He was just trying to help you out. You are the one being a complete jackass. Go ahead and install your N20 if you don't want any help. Just don't come crawling back here when you shoot a rod through the hood because you messed up somewhere due to your pure idiocy.
Old 02-21-2006, 02:31 PM
Dsmfighter
3rd Gear Member

+1 on that.
Old 02-21-2006, 02:32 PM
rstylianou
1st Gear Member

All I did was ask a question he didnt have to be a dick about it telling me that i'm not ready, he could have just said it's an engine rebuild. He basically said i'm a dumbass. I wasnt trying to do anything, i'm sure if it was the other way around you would be pissed to.
Old 02-21-2006, 02:38 PM
MustangMafia
4th Gear Member

All I did was ask a question he didnt have to be a dick about it telling me that i'm not ready, he could have just said it's an engine rebuild. He basically said i'm a dumbass. I wasnt trying to do anything, i'm sure if it was the other way around you would be pissed to.
No he basically said you weren't ready for something that serious with your limitied knoweldge. He wasn't being rude at all. And the only person making it apparent that you are a dumbass is you.
Old 02-21-2006, 02:43 PM
wayleft
1st Gear Member

He didn't say "youre a dumbass" he said if you don't know what "bottom end" means, or the relative danger of running a 100 shot through an ancient motor, or "borrowed time"(a really common expression) then youre probaby not ready to build a car for drag racing. Geerallly peope who don't know the jargon also won't know to retard their timing when running NOS to prevent detonation. Besides which even with a 75 or 100 shot it is unlikely that your stang will have enough horsepower and traction to beat an AWD with 300 hp. Rememer you have only two contact patches to apply torque to your launch he has four and can launch at a higher rpm..... ohh and masturbating on your stang will ruin your paint.
Old 02-21-2006, 02:45 PM
MustangMafia
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: wayleft

He didn't say "youre a dumbass" he said if you don't know what "bottom end" means, or the relative danger of running a 100 shot through an ancient motor, or "borrowed time"(a really common expression) then youre probaby not ready to build a car for drag racing. Geerallly peope who don't know the jargon also won't know to retard their timing when running NOS to prevent detonation. Besides which even with a 75 or 100 shot it is unlikely that your stang will have enough horsepower and traction to beat an AWD with 300 hp. Rememer you have only two contact patches to apply torque to your launch he has four and can launch at a higher rpm..... ohh and masturbating on your stang will ruin your paint.
It's true, my car was blue when I first bought it...
Old 02-21-2006, 02:47 PM
rstylianou
1st Gear Member

True it will, but where in the thread did I say that I was going to install it, F*&(K that I always let the pro's install **** on my car's why try to do it and mess it up, when you could spend a little extra money and get it done right.
Old 02-21-2006, 03:30 PM
wayleft
1st Gear Member

look whether or not you install it it sounds like youre the one whos choosing the parts. If you came in to my shop Id put in your NOS with a warning that as worn as your engine may be it may not last long running a 75 or 100 shot. I think everyone here can agree youd be better off with a motor that is PI and not 145K miles old. Rebuild yours or buy a slightly used PI 4.6 or run your N2O on your old motor but if you keep your motor you won't beat the WRX with just n2o
Old 02-21-2006, 03:38 PM
ShadowDrake
5th Gear Member

True it will, but where in the thread did I say that I was going to install it, F*&(K that I always let the pro's install **** on my car's why try to do it and mess it up, when you could spend a little extra money and get it done right.
You're going to pay someone to install nitrous on your car? It's pretty idiot proof... I was able to do it with vague instructions and much less automotive knowledge than I have now. Sure, it's VERY possible to screw it up (I almost had a fire about a month ago due to a fuel leak in the engine compartment... but that's my own idiotic fault for not using lock-tight on the screw-on clamps and never checking them after putting them on, lesson learned), but at the same time, the install is really simple... Seriously, you can do everything yourself if you take the time to learn, and it will be just as good as the "pros"... I personally think at least one person will laugh at you behind your back for asking them to install your nitrous for you, they don't mind separating a fool from his money.
Old 02-21-2006, 03:54 PM
MustangGT98
1st Gear Member

im sorry but you seem to be stupid thinking that a 75 or 100 shot of N2O will help you beat a 300 rwhp awd subaru, plus you have a 145k old motor, time to think logically and save the money for a new stronger motor than wasting your money on nitrous when it can easily just screw up your motor even more you might disagree but thats your decision have fun with that crappy engine

Quick Reply: SUBARU VS STANG