4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

What am I looking at for Labor Estimates?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 04:41 PM
rudemood12
2nd Gear Member

Default What am I looking at for Labor Estimates?

going to have the following taken care of shortly, just looking to see what I'd expect to pay. i realize most of it i could do myself, but due to whacky new england weather, who knows when i'll get a good couple of days to take care of it, and i dont have a garage in which to use. ive already purchased all the parts, so its mostly a labor thing.

here's what i need done -

- spark plugs
- spark plug wires
- oil change w/ filter and royal purple
- change fuel filter
- run seafoam through car

its essentially a tuneup just with the labor. i also need to clean the CAI filter, but i can definitely do that myself. i suppose i could also do the seafoam myself as well, but im unsure about working with the vacuum lines, brake booster line, etc. unless there is a good guide somewhere?
Old 02-21-2006, 04:54 PM
David_K
5th Gear Member

Default RE: What am I looking at for Labor Estimates?

$120-$150
Old 02-21-2006, 04:58 PM
HaV
5th Gear Member

plugs and wires is only about a 30min - an hour job.. not very hard at all to do on these cars... You would save quite a bit by just doing that one on a random nice evening... and just pay for an oil change at a quick place for 30 bucks.
Old 02-21-2006, 05:13 PM
red2k1gt
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: HaV

plugs and wires is only about a 30min - an hour job.. not very hard at all to do on these cars... You would save quite a bit by just doing that one on a random nice evening... and just pay for an oil change at a quick place for 30 bucks.
Id do the spark plugs and wires yourself...everything else should get you out of there for under $50.
Old 02-21-2006, 05:24 PM
rudemood12
2nd Gear Member

true, i could give it a shot. i am just always antsy about doing stuff for myself, as i dont want to mess anything up. but i guess there is only one way to learn.
Old 02-21-2006, 05:31 PM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

You will spend A LONG time looking for spark plug wires, since you don't have any.
Old 02-21-2006, 05:56 PM
rudemood12
2nd Gear Member

oh man am i an idiot. you know, i didnt even realize it till now. so all you can change/upgrade in that area are the spark plugs? wow, how did i miss that...
Old 02-21-2006, 06:20 PM
MustangMafia
4th Gear Member

Dont forget to change your blinker fluid and rotate your brakes while you do your spark wires. Also, make sure your tire oil is at a good level...
Old 02-21-2006, 06:26 PM
silver03gt
3rd Gear Member

I did my oil change and filter, and fuel filter yesterday, I am also in new england, it won't take you long at all, the fuel filter is easy, just by the special tool for like 5 bucks at an auto parts store, only takes 5 minutes to swap it out if you have the rear end jacked up, I'd say I had a total of 1/2 hour in actual work time, changing oil, and both filters, even though it was cold out, another 1/2 hour getting the car off the ground,,,,,,,, just do it yourself, I am gonna do my plugs at the next oil change (24,000 miles)
and from what I've read and looking at it, that'll be easy too, If I were you, I'd do it myself the next decent day we have,,,,,,,,,, Instead of that seafoam stuff, I just put a bottle of Lucas top cylinder and injector cleaner in with a full tank of gas. Good luck, whatever you decide to do.
Old 02-21-2006, 06:28 PM
JonBeast

ORIGINAL: MustangMafia

Dont forget to change your blinker fluid and rotate your brakes while you do your spark wires. Also, make sure your tire oil is at a good level...
You are an idiot, stop posting shat like this mafia, seriously its not funny. He's asking for help, not a smart *** comment.

I did my plugs/wires/oil/oil filter/fuel filter not too long ago.

Don't pay someone to do it, you will thank yourself later. All of those jobs require minimal tools...you should be able to knock it out no problem. I thought about getting someone to do it for me too cause....but after doing it, its really not that hard at all. And now I know I don't have to pay someone to do it for me in the future, cause I can easily do it myself

Quick Reply: What am I looking at for Labor Estimates?