4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Is The Engine ruined???

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2006, 04:27 PM
monkeydude3
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Is The Engine ruined???

what about my comment? Yay or nay? That's what hydraulic lifters like to do without oil pressure... make noise!

George
Old 02-23-2006, 04:36 PM
angcobra
4th Gear Member

The likley spots for damage would be rod and main bearings and lower part of cylinder walls. have they pulled caps to check bearings? If so, did you see it? Did they take pictures?
Old 02-23-2006, 05:13 PM
bigedog8
3rd Gear Member

if they dont give u one and it ****s up, sue for an 04 cobra motor[sm=bounceybounce.gif].
Old 02-23-2006, 09:29 PM
redass02gt
EXTREME Moderation

ORIGINAL: monkeydude3

what about my comment? Yay or nay? That's what hydraulic lifters like to do without oil pressure... make noise!

George
I thought only pushrod motors had lifters. am I wrong?
Old 02-23-2006, 09:42 PM
jersey98gt
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bigedog8

if they dont give u one and it ****s up, sue for an 04 cobra motor[sm=bounceybounce.gif].
+1
Old 02-24-2006, 05:49 AM
NXgt
2nd Gear Member

My 04 gt did the same thing with 27k miles on it. It would still crank but no oil pressure. Be aggressive with your dealer. They usually help their valued costomer. I took it to one dealer and they screwed me and then i took it to another and they put in a brand new motor and tranny. They may tell you that it is not up to them but they can get around things if they want.
Old 02-24-2006, 06:41 AM
03redGT
3rd Gear Member

see you guys might not think about it, but unless you a lawyer or your family is, they cost money. 30 percent of gained funds usually. id say get a new motor now.
its so BS that car is practically race ready, its a highly tuned quality built (except for yours) machine. that kind of stuff doessnt just happen. get a new engine. and if you want ill call them and have a few words. im pissed for you man thats crap. if htey dont give in, call the corporate office. then say that for what you payed for the dam car, you should get a little better service. BS man BS
Old 02-24-2006, 09:29 PM
dfault

That's a good idea about the cobra motor. I asked them and they told me that's crazy because it would take alot of modifications to make it work. I just told them BS but oh well. As long as i get a new engine i'll be happy. i will call them back in a few days and keep posted what those dousche bags are doing. I knew i would have wrapped the **** out of it about 10 times before i took it to them so i would know for sure it got screwed up [:@]
Old 03-05-2006, 02:27 PM
dfault

Updated this friday... NO NEW ENGINE! I was pissed. They told me the rods/pistons/bearings all looked "machined for performance." They are just going to install a new oil pump and give it back. I just hope that when they go to start it up it still makes the horrific piston slap noises and have to do it all over.
Old 03-05-2006, 03:19 PM
monkeydude3
6th Gear Member

as to the comment before... these do have lifters! they are just up in the cylinder head that's all...

wait wtf?? they do not want to give you a new engine even though it was ran w/o oil pressure due to a failing oil pump?

that's B.S. at it's greatest! I hope it makes lotsa noise too, so you can get a new motor

George

Quick Reply: Is The Engine ruined???