4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

modification help...

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2006, 10:22 AM
Morbid Intentions
Wash Rinse Repeat

Default modification help...

I own a 04 GT and I have some basics on it already which suprised the hell out of me as far as power goes.... I have a K&N gen 2 air induction kit, bbk shorty headers and a magnaflow cat-bak system..It's not much but I did smoke an 04 vette (which he probably diddn't know how to drive but nontheless I beat an 04 vette)... anyways... what should I do next? I was thinking pulleys and taking the A/C out then a MAF and then throttle body with a spacer... but my main question is if you think these mods will definitely help, after all this is on what size cams and heads should I go with... I have never gotten into cams or heads and need to know what size/kind to go with after all this is on... oh yea and after this what size fuel injectors and any other mod ideas would be appretiated
Old 02-26-2006, 10:27 AM
4.698GT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: modification help...

Gears, off road mid pipe, pulleys and a tuner is a good start. You can always mess around with nitrous too.
Old 02-26-2006, 10:49 AM
Morbid Intentions
Wash Rinse Repeat

thanks a bunch... now I need to be preschooled through the heads and cams with the fuel injectors because I never got that in depth with my car before :-/
Old 02-26-2006, 10:49 AM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

4.10 GEARS ARE A MUST. With that said and done, a midpipe, UDP's, some DR's, t/b and plenum, and a tuner.
Old 02-26-2006, 10:54 AM
Morbid Intentions
Wash Rinse Repeat

thanks for saying the exact gears... look at my name and then look underneath it... that's a suitable name for me... newbie lol
Old 02-26-2006, 11:16 AM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bharsen

thanks for saying the exact gears... look at my name and then look underneath it... that's a suitable name for me... newbie lol
LOL. We are all new at one time, but I like to help out newbs since I was helped out when I was one.
Old 02-26-2006, 11:19 AM
mustang_montana
4th Gear Member

driving past a parked vette doesnt count as a win but i agree with doing the gears first, and get a tuner too (will correct the speedo and give you a little more power) why take the ac out? is this a daily driver, if so thats a horrible idea. its not worth the weight loss to fry during summer.
Old 02-26-2006, 11:21 AM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mustang_montana

driving past a parked vette doesnt count as a win but i agree with doing the gears first, and get a tuner too (will correct the speedo and give you a little more power) why take the ac out? is this a daily driver, if so thats a horrible idea. its not worth the weight loss to fry during summer.
^^+1 on keeping the AC.
Old 02-26-2006, 11:44 AM
Morbid Intentions
Wash Rinse Repeat

someone told me that taking the A/C out... something about the pulleys or something... that it has one less pulley to go around... IDK he was prabobly talking out of his ***... thanks for the correction
Old 02-26-2006, 11:50 AM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bharsen

someone told me that taking the A/C out... something about the pulleys or something... that it has one less pulley to go around... IDK he was prabobly talking out of his ***... thanks for the correction
The only thing taking out the AC will do is make you roast during the summertime.

Quick Reply: modification help...