4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Please explain this...

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2006, 10:47 AM
Morbid Intentions
Wash Rinse Repeat

Default Please explain this...

I have a 04 GT and it has 6,000 miles on it with shorty headers, cat-back sytem without the cat converters and a K&N gen 2 FIPK.... and I'm automatic but for this I drove auto manual... please tell me how when I was sandwiched beetween an 04 vette and a wrx/sti at a stop light and I dominated them both??? It just suprised me is all, I diddnt know I was that quick because I never compared it to anything... but yea now I want to do more stuff to it!!! what's the best bang for buck besdes forced induction, help would be appreciated
Old 02-26-2006, 11:12 AM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Please explain this...

Both of those cars must of had ****ty drivers. Thats all I'm gonna say.
Old 02-26-2006, 11:18 AM
Morbid Intentions
Wash Rinse Repeat

that's what I figured... becuase I added up my HP and did some camparisons and I may be giving myself more credit than I deserve but I could probably just barely brake high 13's maybe squeeze a 13.8 if I'm lucky.... does that sound about right?... I just want to know what ballpark I'm in
Old 02-26-2006, 11:26 AM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bharsen

that's what I figured... becuase I added up my HP and did some camparisons and I may be giving myself more credit than I deserve but I could probably just barely brake high 13's maybe squeeze a 13.8 if I'm lucky.... does that sound about right?... I just want to know what ballpark I'm in
If your an auto with just the intake, headers and exhaust, you wont be nothing but about a 14.0-14.3 at best. I have an auto myself with K&N, o/r H-pipe and exhaust and it sucks to have an auto when racing. But I like it for daily driving. Lately I have been messin with manually shifting my auto and from 1st to 2nd that thing seems killer, I might do some 0 to 40 races just for the hell of it.
Old 02-26-2006, 11:38 AM
Morbid Intentions
Wash Rinse Repeat

yea that's what I meant by auto manual... but yea I always enjoyed that.... once in a great while an old neon with a few mods will come up beside me and I enjoy going into 1st and not giving any gas at all while still keeping up with him and halfway through the rpm range hit it and feel like starship enterprise lol.... to be honest I did have a 2001 WS6 and it is strangely similar in pickup and constant pickup as my stang... but of coarse my WS6 was a auto too because I'm a little girl :-/... the only car I am in contact with that is manual is my mom's 86 porshe 911 carrera targa... and I don't think I want to drive it as a practice car lol
Old 02-26-2006, 11:46 AM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

That LS1 WS6 would put a whoopin on a 99-04 GT, even if it is an auto. Those things can manage a low 13 second 1/4 as where the 99-04 GT can only hit 14.3-14.5 stock.
Old 02-26-2006, 11:49 AM
Morbid Intentions
Wash Rinse Repeat

yea... I don't want to talk about it though.. I had to get rid of it because my dad said I was going to kill myself... it was tan with a black droptop, and it had the monsoon system... I get pissed everytime I think about it...
Old 02-26-2006, 11:52 AM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

yea... I don't want to talk about it though.. I had to get rid of it because my dad said I was going to kill myself... it was tan with a black droptop, and it had the monsoon system... I get pissed everytime I think about it...
LOL. I would too. But the Stang is a good ride, I think you made off like a bandit to get an 04 GT from a WS6, granted the WS6 is faster, but the Stang looks better and sounds better.
Old 02-26-2006, 12:20 PM
Morbid Intentions
Wash Rinse Repeat

yea... that car spoiled me... but I worked myself down to a reasonable rule... If it traps at 100+ and it's a head turned I am content with it... I just got that new touchscreen carion dvd/cd player and I replaced the mach with memphis powered speakers hooked up to a 4 channel amp with two 12's powerd by yet another really big amp... that's all I'm doiing as far as looks... but the speakers help in the long run.. I thought the more wieght would slow me down... it actually makes my back end heavier and I don't lose it on the launch that easily anymore
Old 02-26-2006, 12:21 PM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

yea... that car spoiled me... but I worked myself down to a reasonable rule... If it traps at 100+ and it's a head turned I am content with it... I just got that new touchscreen carion dvd/cd player and I replaced the mach with memphis powered speakers hooked up to a 4 channel amp with two 12's powerd by yet another really big amp... that's all I'm doiing as far as looks... but the speakers help in the long run.. I thought the more wieght would slow me down... it actually makes my back end heavier and I don't lose it on the launch that easily anymore
I hope you dont plan on racing with all that stuff in the trunk, if so you'll be stuck in the 14's for awhile.

Quick Reply: Please explain this...