4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Anyone Use a Bikerack on there Car???

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 01:48 PM
wgdt21
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Anyone Use a Bikerack on there Car???

squuuuuuze that baby inside, not on the outside ewww[:'(]
Old 06-18-2007, 01:48 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

ORIGINAL: BullittJim

God, i have the same problem, but my older bro who works at a bike shop said trunk racks are guarenteed to mess up uour paint, and roof racks are a pita to put on and take off.
I've had a couple of cars and used bike racks. Neither of aboveare absolute. With the trunk mount just be sure to put towelsunder the contact areasor bungee them (towels) around any parts from teh bike that comeclose to the car.

As for the roof racks, put em on, on Friday, take them off on Sunday. THe good ones have locks on them so it's not like they can be easily stolen and they don't take that long to take on and off.

Yakima or Thule are the only two i've ever used or recommend.

And for those bitchin about it...get a life and a hobby besides sittin behind the computer or draggin the local honda boys
Old 06-18-2007, 02:27 PM
GreyStang
5th Gear Member

Stick a receiver hitch on your car & use a bike rack that connects to that

Old 06-18-2007, 04:28 PM
Donnie's GTS
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GreyStang

Stick a receiver hitch on your car & use a bike rack that connects to that

if there was anyway to keep that hitch hidden i would be all over it.
Old 06-18-2007, 08:46 PM
XPSII800HO
1st Gear Member

Well I went got a hitch for the car today. It was easy to install, but I did modify it a little to keep it up higher. You have to stand back 20' or more before you see it, but the car is black so even then it's hard to see. Heres a couple pics.

Old 06-18-2007, 09:23 PM
Donnie's GTS
4th Gear Member

Old 06-18-2007, 10:16 PM
JD1969
Pro. B.S. caller outer

ORIGINAL: XPSII800HO

Well I went got a hitch for the car today. It was easy to install, but I did modify it a little to keep it up higher. You have to stand back 20' or more before you see it, but the car is black so even then it's hard to see. Heres a couple pics.

Good for you man. These people on here who were bashing you are complete and utter morons. Not everyone can own more than one car, and some people have lives outside of car stuff. They act like a Mustang is an exotic car for pete's sake..
Old 06-18-2007, 10:24 PM
H0SS302
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JD1969

ORIGINAL: XPSII800HO

Good for you man. These people on here who were bashing you are complete and utter morons. Not everyone can own more than one car, and some people have lives outside of car stuff. They act like a Mustang is an exotic car for pete's sake..
+100000000000000000000
Old 06-19-2007, 12:57 AM
XPSII800HO
1st Gear Member

Thanks guys. I like my mustang too, but I don't see why having a nice car should stop me from doing other things I enjoy. I figure it's safer using the the hitch and rack for moving the bikes than trying to cram it inside the car. I probably could have got it in there, but was picturing a seat with a hole in the leather or something.
Old 06-20-2007, 10:33 PM
98BlackCobra
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: incubus1275

I race mountain bikes professionally and i have a Thule roof rack set up that i used last year. I drove all around North jersey and PA with three 50lb downhill bikes on my roof with out a problem. If your not in for that route, i would suggest a Saris rack. They are not to expensive and can just manuver around the spoiler. Thats what I did in 2005. I even went to the track on a friday with 2 bikes on my roof, took the whole rack off, emptied my car of tool box and equiptment, ran a few times than when to my bike race for the rest of the weekend. Saris rack is about 80 bucks or so...or you can do a roof rack set up for as cheap as 400 or so...i had 3 racks so it was pricey. if you do get a roof rack, get the normal bars and not the aero ones, its much easier.
you got pics of that setup on your car?

Quick Reply: Anyone Use a Bikerack on there Car???