4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Need help from the Bad Boys!

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 06:13 PM
S Owen

Default Need help from the Bad Boys!

Ok, here's the deal. The wife and I have decided tobuildanotherStang, a selfsponsored race car. We picked up a 2002 GT for that purpose (really cheap, blown motor). You see, we own a rather successful computer business and one of our direct competitors (another computer business) runs at all the tracks in northern Texas. I will have the name of my computer company airbrushed on the sides of the car (it will look like the paint has been ripped off the car revealing the name of the company beneath it). This will be an advertising tool for my business basically. With any luck, this car will be ready for next season. I am not aiming for any particular class. ALL the tracks in this area just run straight up bracket racing, and I could even care less about winning. All this will be is a really bad a$$ car to turn heads and get people to see the name on the side. Think of it as the world's most expensive billboard! It will probably spend amajority of it's days sitting in front of our business to be honest. It will need to be street legal so it can be driven around from time to time (mobile commercial). Budget is really not an issue on this (it's ALL tax deductible). I am shooting for 1500-2000rwhp.

I am asking for help from ALL of you on this build! I will post pics of the build as-it-goes and how-too's on a lot of it on our business web site once we get rolling with it. I will also try to buy from as many of this site's sponsors as possible.

Here's what i have so far....

Tom at HP Performance (the turbo folks) is building a custom turbo kit for me. They are also supplying the complete fuel system. He wants to convert the system to a return-style fuel system with a fuel cell.

I need help choosing a motor builder.To be honest, I have been less than impressed with DSS (FN piston slapping SOB!). I have spoke with a couple folks at MMR and, well, they are pretty sure they can supply me with what I need. They want to use a GT aluminum block and heads, custom cams,custom pitons, aluminum rods, billet crank, etc. A FAST Xfi system (with distributor) would handle the injection system.

I also need help choosing a tranny builder. Everybody I talk to recommends somebody else! You need a built tranny from Lentech, or Art Carr, or WTH ever. Help!

I already have a guy in Dallas to do the chassis, so that's a done deal, but all the other crap, oh brother, what a mess!

Old 07-04-2007, 06:32 PM
mylongvictor
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Need help from the Bad Boys!

Texas Hot Rods built my motor....... the results speak for themselves....

283 built motor with VT stage II blower cams, Fordged everything except crank which is nodular.

1-877-50-Stang. Talk to Brian.
Old 07-04-2007, 06:37 PM
skylark494
1st Gear Member

Livernois motorsports build hellacious motors. if money isnt an issue check them out. 1500-2000 rwhp? you looking for low 7's?
Old 07-04-2007, 06:40 PM
mylongvictor
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: skylark494

Livernois motorsports build hellacious motors. if money isnt an issue check them out. 1500-2000 rwhp? you looking for low 7's?
He's looking for breaking the Mach 1 barrier in a car!
Old 07-04-2007, 06:59 PM
01GT4.6
6th Gear Member

www.prolineraceengines.com check them out, they will be doing mine. Look at the cars they build on the site and the people that work there such as Tim Lynch. If you want to make big power they should be able to handle the task.

Mike
Old 07-04-2007, 07:01 PM
ColinGT
4th Gear Member

ya thats alotta horsepower haha. are you gonna race it or hire someone
Old 07-04-2007, 07:58 PM
majinprodigy
3rd Gear Member

if power and money really isnt an option.. and you want a head turner + something very fast, why not look into something a little more custom??
what i mean by custom is say... a custom done 5.4 bored out w/ twin turbo or something alot those lines?? what are you planning to do for styling?? if you need/want pictures i have like 50+ just of different body kits/styles for sn95's just send a PM.
check this out http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...d.php?t=332642
http://www.mustangblog.com/index.php...n-tank-engine/

just some ideas =p
good luck and post pics as project comes along =D
Old 07-04-2007, 08:24 PM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

Since you are in Texas, Texas Hot Rods all the way. I wouldn't have any shop in Dallas touch my car.
Old 07-04-2007, 11:08 PM
breakinloose96
3rd Gear Member

For your tranny work call my brother in law His name is Scott he owns transmission shop and has done all my work on both stangs in fact he is putting in my 3;73's this weekend. phone number is 713-738-1556 tell hime Andy sent you to talk to him.
Old 07-05-2007, 12:46 AM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

1500+ WHP? Good luck seeing that in a mod motor, your going to be spending a L O T of money.

At that power level, I hate to say it, but pushrod for the win all the way. Unless your going to source a completely built 5.4L motor out of a ford GT with a turbo setup and a whole lot of race gas your going to have a hard time hitting that mark.

Hell, do you really need that much though? Even 600-700 WHP isn't THAT expensive (nowhere close anyway) and your looking at a bottom 10s/high 9s car with that powerlevel, espcially if it hooks hard and you do some weight reduction.

Quick Reply: Need help from the Bad Boys!