4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

SAD day!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 02:55 PM
Hulk99
3rd Gear Member

Default SAD day!!!

Well my wife's car died... so finances changed when we walked away from the dealership last night with an 02 explorer XLTand a 05 altima SE (no daily drivers between the two of us and I got the explorer cheap). The few thousand I had to start modding went towards down payments Life stinks like that! To boot we just started paying her student loans. I'm debating selling the cobra cause I can't do anything to it now and its costing me $$$ each month for the car payment.Of course nitrous is fun and a cheap intial investment...[sm=nxsmile.gif] Oh well thats life. I figure by the time my finances are good again to think about serious mods, we'll be having kids. Its depressing... all I wanted is a forged, blown cobra, with a new tranny, solid rear axle, etc..... I guess at least I have a cobra.
Old 07-19-2007, 03:14 PM
Indy88colts
1st Gear Member

Default RE: SAD day!!!

ORIGINAL: Hulk99

Well my wife's car died... so finances changed when we walked away from the dealership last night with an 02 explorer XLTand a 05 altima SE (no daily drivers between the two of us and I got the explorer cheap). The few thousand I had to start modding went towards down payments Life stinks like that! To boot we just started paying her student loans. I'm debating selling the cobra cause I can't do anything to it now and its costing me $$$ each month for the car payment.Of course nitrous is fun and a cheap intial investment...[sm=nxsmile.gif] Oh well thats life. I figure by the time my finances are good again to think about serious mods, we'll be having kids. Its depressing... all I wanted is a forged, blown cobra, with a new tranny, solid rear axle, etc..... I guess at least I have a cobra.
Sorry to hear that dude. I went through the same thing about 10 years ago and I finally just got my 2nd stang. Some times you got to do what you got to do .

Good Luck,
Mark
Old 07-19-2007, 03:51 PM
Rusmisel01GT
5th Gear Member

That stinks... but If only 1 car blew up... why did you buy 2?

Either way you still have a cobra... you could always trade it in for a Terminator....
Old 07-19-2007, 04:00 PM
wgdt21
5th Gear Member

You'll be ok. I don't think having a forged street monster is really a necessity.
Old 07-19-2007, 04:34 PM
JimboGT01
3rd Gear Member

roll with the punches there buddy
Old 07-19-2007, 05:13 PM
Hulk99
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Rusmisel01GT

That stinks... but If only 1 car blew up... why did you buy 2?

Either way you still have a cobra... you could always trade it in for a Terminator....
Well I needed a DD and I was just driving the cobra until I could find something, didn't know the wife would be in the market to. We got a better deal buying both cars from the same dealership, actually got the altima for 1900 under blue book. I wish I could trade it in for a terminator, but with an extra $407.67 between the two cars I can't afford to upgrade. I'm thinking about buying a nitrous kit for under a grand and calling it a day for now. Then in a year or two when a little more money frees up forge it and go FI. Well thanks for the kind words guys... not to many people understand the pain of not feeding the mod bug.
Old 07-19-2007, 07:35 PM
blackstallion666
4th Gear Member

sorry to hear about your situation that s always suck's when your in a pinch. i hope things work out ok and you can still keep the cobra.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:03 PM
bluepony4.6
3rd Gear Member

Well thanks for the kind words guys... not to many people understand the pain of not feeding the mod bug.
[/quote]

Dude I know exactly how you feel. To have your goals within your grasp and life turns in a different direction and priorities must change. I say roll with the punches and try to hold onto the cobra as long as you can. Things usually get better in a little while. If you give up the cobra and in a short time your situation gets better you'll probably regret it. Just wait a little longer for the storm will clear.