4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

just ordered kenne bell 2.1

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 03:57 PM
WOH HRSY
4th Gear Member

Default RE: just ordered kenne bell 2.1

ORIGINAL: StickShifty

the blower is 75 lbs!!!???
SoKB says...it's not light though it does take 2 people to set into place. It's a whole blower/plenum/intake manifold though so really it's a bunch of parts that weight 75 lbs [8D]
Old 08-09-2007, 05:10 PM
2002GTAUTOVERT
5th Gear Member

their website says so.. i have the 2.1 I/C kit

Edit: It was known as their 2.2 Competition, but now they are calling it the Big Bore 2.6L with the original 2.2 you could run up to 20 psi i believe the new one goes to 24 supposedly.
Old 08-09-2007, 06:14 PM
FR500GT
3rd Gear Member

Hey i was just wondering what your home address is...oh and what day is it going to be delivered?... [sm=grinangel.gif]
Old 08-09-2007, 06:23 PM
2002GTAUTOVERT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FR500GT

Hey i was just wondering what your home address is...oh and what day is it going to be delivered?... [sm=grinangel.gif]
haha
Old 08-09-2007, 06:52 PM
cammed99gt
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FR500GT

+1 thats funny
Old 08-09-2007, 09:53 PM
LetThePoniesRunFree
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: znasrah

i just ordered this 2.1 intercooled kenne bell.. just wondering how hard is the install gonna be and would 400rwhp be the highest i can run with stock internals? And about the fuel pump does kenne bell give you one with there package, or can you run the stock one?

02 black gt 5sp, mgw, cai, 75mm tb, lt headers

2.1KB on the way!
Hey man, good choice on the KB 2.1, you're going to love it.

The install is very straight forward. The installmanual, (read book here, it's huge), thatKB sends out with the kit is probably the best instructions from an aftermarket company that I have ever seen.Please, please, pleasedo take the time to read through all of the information/install documentation KB provides you with the kit. Trust me, you will miss some changes to the manual if youover look the updated inserts.I did have to call a buddy over to help me set the blower/intake on the heads, but other than that, it's a one man job that can be done in your garage. The only special tools that are needed come with the kit so your basic metricwrenches/sockets will do. The only tools you'll need that you may not have are; a torque wrench, fuel line disconnect tool, a grinder, (to modify your alternator housing), a heat gun, soldering iron and a 1 1/16th open end wrench. A 90 deg drill will help out considerably when you go to mount the front heat exchanger.Start practicing your soldering skills now if you have no clue how to do it. When it comes time to remove the heater coolant tube bracket bolt from behind the drivers side head, try not to go crazy. It's a bear. As far as the fuel system goes, withthe basic 2.1 package that comes with the BAP as previously stated, you'll be fine. However, eventually you are going to want to go with a larger intake, (like KB's Big Tube Kit, ((which I do not recommend)), ), and a larger MAF. You'll be at the limit, (if not over), your factory pump's capabilities when you do that. A simple solution to that problem is to drop a SVT Focus fuel pump in your factory fuel bucket. I'm making over 450 rwhp with the KB BAP, Focus pump and 42 lb/hr injectors. I maxed out the 32 lb/hr injectors that come with the KB kit at alittle over 420 rwhp. The ONLY quasi-benefit to buying all the intake parts from KB is that they send a tune on the SCT chip to make every thing work right. The tune they send out isn't spot on, but it's close enough to not blow your motor the first time you go over 5k rpm's after the install. It is, in my opinion, absolutley necessary to get a proper dyno tune from your local SCT guy after you finish the install. I don't care what KB says. One tune does not fit all. Especially since you already have some bolt ons that are going to throw KB's tune off. Don't waist your time trying to get KB to make any changes to their tune to accommodate your bolt on's. They only tune to their stuff. That's understandable I suppose. I ditched the SCT chip andwent with the XCAL. Well, I know how much the kit put you back, so don't worry about getting all the extras right away. The basic kit makes great power and I guarantee you that you will not be disappointed. Good luck and please don't hesitate to PM me if you have any other questions about the install.
Old 08-09-2007, 11:31 PM
lazyeye
2nd Gear Member

definitely take some pics once it arrives.
Old 08-10-2007, 12:18 AM
crazyhorse
3rd Gear Member

congratulations. how much does a kenne bell supercharger for a 93 mustang 5.0 cost? thanks
Old 08-10-2007, 12:23 AM
svt_97cobra
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: crazyhorse

congratulations. how much does a kenne bell supercharger for a 93 mustang 5.0 cost? thanks
[hr]

http://kennebell.net/pricelist/SC-PRICELIST.pdf
Old 08-10-2007, 01:05 AM
crazyhorse
3rd Gear Member

thanks svt.
ORIGINAL: svt_97cobra

ORIGINAL: crazyhorse

[hr]

http://kennebell.net/pricelist/SC-PRICELIST.pdf

Quick Reply: just ordered kenne bell 2.1