4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

do you smoke in your stang?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 09:40 AM
mylongvictor
5th Gear Member

Default RE: do you smoke in your stang?

I smoke in my beater car....... I dip in my Mustang.
Old 08-25-2007, 09:55 AM
xander0561
3rd Gear Member

NO way , someone did smoke in my car before I got it made it smell terrible. So it's taken awhile but it's back to normal.
Old 08-27-2007, 12:12 AM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

i smoke in my car some... but the past few months i havent cuz it hasnt left the driveway.. lol.. but everytime i ever have smoked in it all windows are down or the top is down.. and smoke doesnt stick into the leather so i dont mind it... never use the car lighter though to keep it perfect... hah.

and yes.. cigs are getting pricey.. i may have to switch to cigar's more often... yet they have that smell on you much longer.. im happy, i only had 2 cigs today.. not bad at all.

[/align]
Old 08-27-2007, 12:14 AM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

thats the way its done.. unless you have a light interior, dip stains dont come out easy. have a friend with a truck with light interior and has dip stains on the carpet all over the driver side. lol. i havent dipped in about 6 months.. after i stopped it just tastes nasty now.

[/align]
[blockquote]

ORIGINAL: mylongvictor

I smoke in my beater car....... I dip in my Mustang.
[/blockquote]
Old 08-27-2007, 08:28 AM
bigtinybob
1st Gear Member

nope not in my car,i don t smoke an never will
Old 08-27-2007, 10:30 AM
sainthk
2nd Gear Member

Next time your at one of your local car meets look around and see how many mustang owners are smoking. There are not many at all.

+1 on the none smoking in the car and or at all.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:50 AM
2002GTAUTOVERT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LynnBob Mustang

Not knocking those who smoke, but why would you?? It is nasty and makes the stink to high heaven..

And there is nothing worse then getting to ride in someones cool car and getting in and smelling that smell, it totally ruins the experiance.

I've turned down cars before because they smelled nasty because of smoke. I don't care if you have your windows down or not, it will still make the car smell.

Lynn
why would we? Nicotine is a proven mild muscle relaxant and anti anxiety (not quite a xanax, but it works) when youre in Iraq, get shot at and mortared every night.. you do something to relieve the stress. thats where i picked up my habit. Smoking does smell nasty, so does your crotch after a hard days work, so does your feces... everything smells. But from what my g/f tells me, you girls only sh*t flowers, sugar and excellence
Old 08-27-2007, 11:25 AM
tbirdscwd
5th Gear Member

I smoke, but again not in my mustang. I wouldn't even smoke a lot in a car I didn't care about. If I'm driving it, it doesn't get smoked in. Eventually it turns into the most stale smelling POS around, and there's no getting that smell out.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:50 AM
kameleon

No smoking in my Stang! For one it ruins the smell inside the car like everyone says. And for two you could have an accident and drop a cherry on something. Once its burnt your screwed! Plus the smoke will start discoloring the interior and film up the glass in time. That will never come out. I bought a house once that had 3 or 4 heavy smokers living in it. The ceiling was supposed to be white but was actually a tan yellow. So bad it had to be painted. On the walls you could see clean rectangle spots where pictures used to hang. I will never let this happen to my Mustang. Yeah it is only a car to some people but to me its like one of my kids. Its family and nothing I own (even my house) means as much to me as my Mustang. If I ever lost my job and could only cover one payment I'd be telling my family to pack it up because we're going to be renting lol. My Stang is here to stay!
Old 08-27-2007, 12:26 PM
2002GTAUTOVERT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: kameleon

No smoking in my Stang! For one it ruins the smell inside the car like everyone says. And for two you could have an accident and drop a cherry on something. Once its burnt your screwed! Plus the smoke will start discoloring the interior and film up the glass in time. That will never come out. I bought a house once that had 3 or 4 heavy smokers living in it. The ceiling was supposed to be white but was actually a tan yellow. So bad it had to be painted. On the walls you could see clean rectangle spots where pictures used to hang. I will never let this happen to my Mustang. Yeah it is only a car to some people but to me its like one of my kids. Its family and nothing I own (even my house) means as much to me as my Mustang. If I ever lost my job and could only cover one payment I'd be telling my family to pack it up because we're going to be renting lol. My Stang is here to stay!
well thats a little drastic.. have your kids sleep in the trunk.. lol. the film comes off but +1 on the discoloration, thats from the tar in the cigarette.. it CAN be taken out of upholstery but its not cheap and you need like 4-5 treatments. i figure with how much ive put into my stang in the motor, she can take a little carbon monoxide and the other 300 poisons in cigarettes. No menthol though

Quick Reply: do you smoke in your stang?