4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

If Its Not One Thing Its Another...

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 03:09 PM
BleedinBlue
5th Gear Member

Default If Its Not One Thing Its Another...

So I just left the tire shop where I got a front end alignment and my ET Streets mounted and balanced onto my track wheels.

When I pull out of the shop, I try to roll up my window and nothing. So, my driver's window is stuck down. If I push the down button I hear a slight click, but there is no click or whine or anything when I push the up button.

I get home and get the wheels/tires out of the car and roll them to my back patio. There I find that one of the tires has a small nail right in the center of the slick. GREAT. Can these things be plugged like a regular tire?

To top it all off the Cardinals lost again for the SEVENTH game in a row. 7!!! What the hell?
Old 09-13-2007, 03:15 PM
01GT4.6
6th Gear Member

Default RE: If Its Not One Thing Its Another...

I don't know if you could/ plug a slick. It may be okay but I'm not sure, I'd probably try a patch before a plug. If it happened at the shop I'd see if they'd replace it.
Old 09-13-2007, 03:20 PM
BleedinBlue
5th Gear Member

I don't know if it happened at the shop, I didn't inspect them very close when I picked them up. I'd be content if it could be patched.

*** I just got the window to roll up by hitting the holy Hell out of the door panel a few times. Apparently this is a common problem that I am just new to me.
Old 09-13-2007, 03:46 PM
GhostRider02GT
5th Gear Member

They say it comes in threes, so you should be good to go! lol
Old 09-13-2007, 04:05 PM
wgdt21
5th Gear Member

that sucks man, my window has done that like 3 times. It usually starts working again in a day or less.

Where did you get the slicks? If someone sold you a slick with a nail in it thats pretty down and dirty[&:]
Old 09-13-2007, 04:40 PM
BleedinBlue
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: wgdt21

that sucks man, my window has done that like 3 times. It usually starts working again in a day or less.

Where did you get the slicks? If someone sold you a slick with a nail in it thats pretty down and dirty[&:]
I traded the pair to a guy from my local forums for the Summit control arms I was selling. I don't think he would have done it on purpose, he seemed like a good guy. Still sucks though...
Old 09-13-2007, 06:36 PM
mvr
6th Gear Member

sounds like when i went to get an alignment. after my drivers side door doesnt close very smoothly, i basically have to slam it or it will half close.

also when the guy took it for a test drive to see if it pulled or had vibration he was gone for about 10minutes. i didnt think much of it but when he got back he said he got pulled over for the license plate cover(slightly tinted). now i had that thing on for a year and didnt get a single problem for it. i even had a state trooper give my car a saftey check where they check my lights signals etc, i have no front plate either.

my car is at a shop right now getting my front end fixed. after hearing adam's story about how he got there and the kid was reving his motor, i am very nervious. i even took a picture of the milage with my cell phone just to make sure.
Old 09-13-2007, 06:40 PM
BleedinBlue
5th Gear Member

No doubt. Not that I think anything that has happened today is the shop's fault, but I lose trust for shops more and more. When I first got my car I got the windows tinted and the tint installer cut my passenger seat, then denied it. So that left me, as usual, SOL. LOL, the bottom line of my signature came back to bite me in my *** today. Its like everything I have touched or looked at has gone to #$^&.
Old 09-13-2007, 06:54 PM
03mustgt
4th Gear Member

Your struggling today man, I would avoid your car for the rest of the day!
Old 09-13-2007, 06:57 PM
BleedinBlue
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 03mustgt

Your struggling today man, I would avoid your car for the rest of the day!
I'm gonna kick back in my pajamas for the rest of the night. I need beer...but I'm afraid to go drive

Quick Reply: If Its Not One Thing Its Another...