4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

06SC Saleen or SRT8 jeep

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 10:57 PM
HamMach1
5th Gear Member

Default RE: 06SC Saleen or SRT8 jeep

Those SRT-8s sound BADDDD. Some lady was parked next to me in one and started it up and I was like dayummmm
And plus he's 18.. he should feel satisfied with an already decked out mustang!
I know i am [8D][8D]
Old 09-14-2007, 10:58 PM
Triisomy21
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Stone629

I would go for the Jeep, no doubt about it. He needs to drive both and then decide. Whoever said the Jeep SRT-8 can be made to be fast doesn't know much about them. It's in SUV that can run a 13.5 stock. A good driver can run a low 13 with a Saleen on street tires. Both handle like they are on rails, both are quick. The Jeep (IMO) is way more for the money. I am not talking crap about Saleens, but I test drove one and was a little let down. Especially for a supercharged stang. I was impressed with the handing and that was it. I felt like the GTO I had at the time was quicker and way better quality. The SRT-8 felt faster, handled better, and was put together a little better to me. Once again, plz don't get offended, the Saleens are badass cars, I just like the Jeep better.
Nope, I don't know anything about them. But watch this video...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmMUEim_qNs. He lost but that's still a fast SUV. I didn't say it was easy...or cheap. But the aftermarketwill beout there so yes....it can be made fast.
Old 09-14-2007, 11:00 PM
fiad06
5th Gear Member

the jeep srt8 is my dream car.
Old 09-14-2007, 11:01 PM
HamMach1
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Triisomy21

ORIGINAL: Stone629

I would go for the Jeep, no doubt about it. He needs to drive both and then decide. Whoever said the Jeep SRT-8 can be made to be fast doesn't know much about them. It's in SUV that can run a 13.5 stock. A good driver can run a low 13 with a Saleen on street tires. Both handle like they are on rails, both are quick. The Jeep (IMO) is way more for the money. I am not talking crap about Saleens, but I test drove one and was a little let down. Especially for a supercharged stang. I was impressed with the handing and that was it. I felt like the GTO I had at the time was quicker and way better quality. The SRT-8 felt faster, handled better, and was put together a little better to me. Once again, plz don't get offended, the Saleens are badass cars, I just like the Jeep better.
Nope, I don't know anything about them. But watch this video...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmMUEim_qNs. He lost but that's still a fast SUV. I didn't say it was easy...or cheap. But the aftermarketwill beout there so yes....it can be made fast.
DAMN @ the torque on that jeep! That thing just took OFF!
Old 09-15-2007, 08:38 AM
96GT226410
CSMG Moderator

I work for Chrysler/Jeep and I get to drive these things. Yeah, they're fast, but they're only getting about 13 MPG and with the center exhaust you can't put a hitch on it. First gear is nice, but then it gets progressively slower. I can tell you that the drivetrain is sweet. We hardly have any problems with them. But the Grand Cherokee bodies have problems. Water leaks, wind noise, electrical problems, radios, etc. I wouldn't get one...
Old 09-15-2007, 10:01 AM
dubarado
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 96GT226410

I work for Chrysler/Jeep and I get to drive these things. Yeah, they're fast, but they're only getting about 13 MPG and with the center exhaust you can't put a hitch on it. First gear is nice, but then it gets progressively slower. I can tell you that the drivetrain is sweet. We hardly have any problems with them. But the Grand Cherokee bodies have problems. Water leaks, wind noise, electrical problems, radios, etc. I wouldn't get one...

yea.. you give up a lot of practicality to put a jeep down the 1/4 quicker than a C5...
Old 09-15-2007, 10:35 AM
Xemeth
5th Gear Member

I've actually noticed that a mechanic who works at a dealership and mainly services only one or two types of cars regularly (myself included), begins to develop a skewed view on the quality of the cars. Like, my dealership is a Cadillac, Buick, and GMC dealer. So we only really get these cars to service. When I first started working there, I was like "Wow, these cars are always having something go wrong with them..." But later I realized that I only see these types of cars. Other dealers I'm sure have just as many people bringing in their Fords, Chryslers, etc... for service.

So I don't think he should worry about things that you see as common problems, cause your view may also be skewed due to your inexposure to other types of cars. Or, I could just be totally wrong, and in that case, ignore me, lol.
Old 09-15-2007, 12:10 PM
96GT226410
CSMG Moderator

ORIGINAL: Xemeth

I've actually noticed that a mechanic who works at a dealership and mainly services only one or two types of cars regularly (myself included), begins to develop a skewed view on the quality of the cars. Like, my dealership is a Cadillac, Buick, and GMC dealer. So we only really get these cars to service. When I first started working there, I was like "Wow, these cars are always having something go wrong with them..." But later I realized that I only see these types of cars. Other dealers I'm sure have just as many people bringing in their Fords, Chryslers, etc... for service.

So I don't think he should worry about things that you see as common problems, cause your view may also be skewed due to your inexposure to other types of cars. Or, I could just be totally wrong, and in that case, ignore me, lol.

Iknow exactly what you're saying... I used to work at Ford and Toyoya as well. It's truethat car companies do have certain problems that always seem to go wrong. Toyotas have sludge problems and noisy engines, Fords have window regulator and trans problems, Chrysler has interior and exterior seal problems, crappy sun roofs, ABS sensor problems, motor mounts, window regulators, and Jeeps have window regulators and rear diff problems (especially the Dana rears).
Old 09-15-2007, 01:02 PM
stangarang
2nd Gear Member

for me i would go for the SRT-8, but that's cause i could use the 4 doors. and if i own a mustang i want a manual. no offense to anyone, but i think that mustangs (and all muscle/sports cars) should be manuals. they're just more fun to drive. unless your car is a drag only type of car, then a auto is cool.
Old 09-15-2007, 01:10 PM
ben790450
I ♥ Acer

That would be a big thing for me. Love that Jeep and want one but i need a hitch to pull toys lol so . . . give viper style side exhaust and put a hitch on . . .

Quick Reply: 06SC Saleen or SRT8 jeep