4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Updated Pics! Saleen spoiler, Eibach Pro-kit, Flat black paint

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 12:55 AM
iowanine
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Updated Pics! Saleen spoiler, Eibach Pro-kit, Flat black paint

Cars looking good. You should have ordered the spoiler from Stage 3, that is where I got mine from them for $209 shipped. They have both types for 99-00 and 01-04 to cover the holes for each type of spoiler. Took them only a couple of days to get the wing to me.
http://www.stage3motorsports.com/pro...oilerWing.html

One question, is that a different hoodscoop? Looks like what CDC has available. Or is it the stock hoodscoop?
Old 11-18-2007, 07:05 AM
LynnBob Mustang
5th Gear Member

That looks great!!
It is just the look I too am going for. I agree, it needs some kind of side stripe though. I've got mine narrowed down to the Saleen without the words or the Steeda stripe.
I love the look of the spoiler, I'm really thinking of switching mine out for that one or the other Saleen spoiler similar to the stock '99 GT.
Lynn
Old 11-18-2007, 07:43 AM
BHMustangGT
3rd Gear Member

looks good!

if you put some cobra/bullit side skirts on there it would look awesome.
I agree, the cobra/bullitt side skirts would look awesome. I'll eventually get them sometime down the road. I'm really wanting a Saleen front bumper, so that will probably come first.

Did the wing cover up the old holes?
Yeah, it used the stock mounting holes. The only thing that shows is a little bit of where the old wing was, a few scratches from the stock wing.It's not noticable though.

Cars looking good. You should have ordered the spoiler from Stage 3, that is where I got mine from them for $209 shipped. They have both types for 99-00 and 01-04 to cover the holes for each type of spoiler. Took them only a couple of days to get the wing to me.
http://www.stage3motorsports.com/product/S032-092/20012004_Saleen_S281_Mustang_SpoilerWing.html

One question, is that a different hoodscoop? Looks like what CDC has available. Or is it the stock hoodscoop?
I actually found that one from Stage 3 after I ordered mine! lol.....The hoodscoop is stock, it's just whatever came on the 03 GT's.

That looks great!!
It is just the look I too am going for. I agree, it needs some kind of side stripe though. I've got mine narrowed down to the Saleen without the words or the Steeda stripe.
I love the look of the spoiler, I'm really thinking of switching mine out for that one or the other Saleen spoiler similar to the stock '99 GT.
Lynn
Thanks! I have my choices narrowed down to the same as you! lol....I've seen a few stangs around here with the steeda stripes and they look really good. The only thing about the steeda stripes is the price. For some vinyl stripingI don't see why it costs so much!

Old 11-18-2007, 11:01 AM
jrherald420
5th Gear Member

i wish my hood and boss stripes were done in semi gloss black like my wing. when i repaint the hood and stripes and wing will all be done in a semi gloss black
Old 11-18-2007, 05:06 PM
BHMustangGT
3rd Gear Member

i wish my hood and boss stripes were done in semi gloss black like my wing. when i repaint the hood and stripes and wing will all be done in a semi gloss black
I don't know there is something about flat/semi gloss black that just says RACE CAR! lol....My car, when I re-painted the front and rear in flat black looked a lot better than the gloss I had at first.
Old 11-18-2007, 05:39 PM
JonBeast

Nice, now you just need some black wheels!
Old 11-18-2007, 05:44 PM
BHMustangGT
3rd Gear Member

Nice, now you just need some black wheels!
Believe me, I've wanted black rimsfor the longest time! I just can't afford it! lol....17x9's up front and 17x10.5 rears would look awesome!
Old 11-18-2007, 07:47 PM
mustangmike02
2nd Gear Member

That looks great!!
Thanks! I have my choices narrowed down to the same as you! lol....I've seen a few stangs around here with the steeda stripes and they look really good. The only thing about the steeda stripes is the price. For some vinyl stripingI don't see why it costs so much!
the saleen front bumper would make your car look real mean and aggressive. i like the steeda stripes too they are expensive but their unique. i saw a mustang in ocean city yellow with the saleen side stripes but it said kenne bell instead of saleen. are you going to get black bullitts as wheels? they look good ill admit but i think theres a more unique wheel for your car. just my input.
Old 11-18-2007, 08:16 PM
BHMustangGT
3rd Gear Member

the saleen front bumper would make your car look real mean and aggressive. i like the steeda stripes too they are expensive but their unique. i saw a mustang in ocean city yellow with the saleen side stripes but it said kenne bell instead of saleen. are you going to get black bullitts as wheels? they look good ill admit but i think theres a more unique wheel for your car. just my input.
Yeah, I love the look of the Saleen bumper. It gives it a mean sinister look. I just wish they weren't so rediculously priced! Yeah the steeda stripes are unique looking. As with the Saleen bumper, I don't understand the pricing. I guess it's expensive to look good! lol....As for the wheels, I like the black bullitts, but they are a little too played out for me. I would want something a little more unique. I wish there was a black Saleen style wheel with a chrome lip.....There is SOOO much I wish I could do to my car but I lack the green stuff to pay for it! lol ...I guess though it's more rewarding to have to work for it.I can't wait to get out of college and get a real job! lol
Old 11-18-2007, 08:24 PM
POISND U
5th Gear Member

I don't say this very often, but I like it. Different.

Quick Reply: Updated Pics! Saleen spoiler, Eibach Pro-kit, Flat black paint