4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

!!!!!!HYDROLOCK!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 02:40 AM
johnmvtv
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: !!!!!!HYDROLOCK!!!!!!!!!

I,m gonna try ans start it tommorrow night after work.My one issue is i heard that if its hydrolocked i can bend a valve.I think my brother in law is lookin to get money outta my ins company for the tow and storage already
Old 02-14-2008, 02:56 AM
oxfordgt
6th Gear Member

Ok it is more then likely not "hydrolock". Hydrolock is when the water gets in the engine and wont compress like air and it bends a rod. The only way to do that is to have the engine at 6000rpms and drive in a lake. What you did was get the maf wet. When the maf gets wet it dumps fuel and the engine dies and wont start. You maf have gotten some water in the engine but i doubt it. Pull the plugs overnight and take off the maf and clean and dry it.
Old 02-14-2008, 04:03 AM
johnmvtv
2nd Gear Member

Im callin to work today.I think that im gonna be a dad again[],So first thing this ami am going down to the shop and try and start it.My battery was dying last night and the hazzards were barely workin.Thanks for all the responses.I will let you guys know how everything goes
Old 02-14-2008, 04:21 AM
johnmvtv
2nd Gear Member

BTW does anyone know what tools are needed to pull out my spark plugs?I havent a clue what i need and my brother in law is **** about his tools.
Old 02-14-2008, 05:29 AM
johnmvtv
2nd Gear Member

bump
Old 02-14-2008, 05:45 AM
oxfordgt
6th Gear Member

3/4 in spark plug socket, couple of extentions (wobble extenstions are best) and a socket wrench. Your brother-in-law sounds like a dick. If my brother-in-law charged me for a tow I would kick his ***.
Old 02-14-2008, 09:03 AM
johnmvtv
2nd Gear Member

Just got back from the shop.He had it in the garage with a battery charger on it.We pulled the plugs and 4 of the eight plugs had ice in the gap.I tried to turn it and it did'nt budge.I was thinking doin it by hand might be better.Anyways,he said to let it thaw out a bit in the shop and we'll try it again later.Wish me luck!
Old 02-14-2008, 09:19 AM
jchittick
3rd Gear Member

This happened to a friend on mine's son's 98 Cobra. The engine was blown and the insurance company gave him $9k for the car. He bought it back for $300 and rebuilt the engine and had a profit. That is the way i would go, I wouldn't worry about the old engine. You could afford a Termi engine for that....
Old 02-15-2008, 05:14 PM
johnmvtv
2nd Gear Member

Ok,so i came home,waited til about 3,went back.The shop is locked up nolights on.Now,I'm p!ssed!Its winter.I roof,all the foreigners are stealin my work.Havent worked in three weeks,no heat for 3 days (mouse in my furnace),2 kids 6,8,the eight tear old has pneumonia and i was in the hospital all nite with the night before,16 bucks to my name,and this pos does'nt even tell me he is leavin.By the way its my DD now too.So, too make a long story longer,i went to my sisters and his house on my way home and caled him.He was there but never answered.Meanwhile my girl of 15 yrs is in labor the whole time.Instead of flippin out i shuut my phone off.This morning my girl needs to have this baby(a week late) .We have a beutiful 10lb 3oz baby girl.It was a tough one.So my mom calls me and wants to how everything is goin and tels me my brother in law says my engine is junk.I dont believe him.I want to kick the crap out of him actually.I ont need this .RA RA RA RA srry fellas to chew your ear but anyone have any suggs if the engine is gone?I have full ins.Should i take the money and get forged moter IDK,this dick wants to put in a used motor,i dont trust a used mustang engine unless its new or rebuilt,remember this car onmly has 26k.
Old 02-15-2008, 06:37 PM
jrherald420
5th Gear Member

if its gone take it to a engine shop and have them machine the block if its not cracked, and polish and port the heads. then all forged internals and some cams since its all apart. sounds like alot but now would be the time to do the work while its apart.

Quick Reply: !!!!!!HYDROLOCK!!!!!!!!!