4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Mods that avoid warranty kill

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 01:18 AM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Mods that avoid warranty kill

ORIGINAL: Mr Graystang

hey racer are your taillights smoked ? if so howd you tint them ?
yea. i have 15% tint on them. it has those tint overlays. i want to find the actually lights tinted but that kinda stuff is hard to find.
Old 04-23-2008, 08:34 AM
steve0914
5th Gear Member

it depends what kind of warranty...for the most part, the technicians bill the warranty people, 80% of the time there is no warranty representative there and they just trust the technicians and pay
Old 04-23-2008, 09:36 AM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

Warranty work is dependent on the dealership. They can claim anything they want affected your warranty. SO thats why I say "who needs a warranty?
Old 04-23-2008, 09:57 AM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

Don't let the term leased make you feel better. I know a lot of people who lease cars and trucks and never change the oil once in 3 years..

Anyway, as for the warranty...it's not going to be a factory warranty, it sounds like an aftermarket warranty with another company through the dealer. Many accepted *no* modifications at all and will void your warranty over anything. Even if the service manager doesn't have a problem with mods, the warranty rep from said company will many times come look at the problem before issuing a warranty claim.

While engine mods you do shouldn't affect any warranty on suspension parts, they will find a way to tie it all in and get out of the claim all together.

IMO, I would save the cash monthly and cancel the warranty so you can do what you want with the car, or just be patient and leave it stock and wait until the car is paid off and warranty's are not needed.
Old 04-23-2008, 12:59 PM
bjh061487
3rd Gear Member

you sold your mustang to pay for school? now are financing one so now you have payments on a car on top of school, which is why you sold the car in the first place... to me it sounds like you need to prioritize somethings and not even consider modding the car yet
Old 04-23-2008, 11:05 PM
Mr Graystang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bjh061487

you sold your mustang to pay for school? now are financing one so now you have payments on a car on top of school, which is why you sold the car in the first place... to me it sounds like you need to prioritize somethings and not even consider modding the car yet
Before you start telling someone to prioritize there life maybee you should get all the facts Moses !, the mustang that was sold was all paid for in cash so no payments, My GI bill paid for more then half of school , I needed at least 8 grand to take care of the rest . So school is all paid for and besides my cell , insurance and beer money I have no other bills that takes my cashflow besides my car payment. Im 23 , retired from the military ,have two decent jobs and getting married so I think I prioritize my somethings very well. Keep your 2 cents in your pocket bro its not needed here.
Old 04-24-2008, 08:23 AM
bjh061487
3rd Gear Member

they why did you sell the car in the first place? and why did you say you sold the car to pay for college? should have given the full story

ps learn to read... i said 'it sounds like you need to prioritze' it BECAUSE I DIDN'T KNOW THE WHOLE STORY CUZ YOU DIDN'T TELL IT
Old 04-24-2008, 09:15 AM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

BJH, just drop it man. You stuck your nose in his business and got in trouble.
Old 04-24-2008, 09:58 AM
bjh061487
3rd Gear Member

but if he didn't want everyone's opinion he should have asked it on a public forum. and i just posted my opinion on the info he gave. nothing more nothing less.

certainly isn't the first time someone has been mad at me and you better be damn sure it won't be the last either
Old 04-24-2008, 10:59 AM
Mr Graystang
4th Gear Member

who sayd im mad , Its just lame that you went all DR phil on me . If I want advice it will be something tech wise or mustang related not life lessons from a guy on a forum with a self taught psychology degree.The point of me selling my car is there over and over , looks like you need to learn read man . quit trying to jack threads and act like a drama queen .

Quick Reply: Mods that avoid warranty kill