4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Thinking about Selling the 98 GT TT

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 08:23 PM
kenv
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Thinking about Selling the 98 GT TT

Can you even tag & insure a car with a R title??[sm=smiley23.gif]
Old 04-24-2008, 08:32 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

YOu can if you're in a state that doesn't have R titles.
Old 04-24-2008, 09:26 PM
blackonblacksls
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dpstang98gt

ORIGINAL: blackonblacksls

9k or 10k would be plenty to ask for that car.... its got pretty much nothing on it except for the TT kit.. the suspension is nothing nice, and its a freakin NPI... then on top of all that its not making much power at all.... if someone wants to spend a ton more than that on a car making 350 ill throw my motor in a NPI car and sell it for 15k.. it will make more power than your car andprobly run a better number.
that was pretty harsh man i was just asking for opinions not to get downgraded on what my car is, and what power it is making

well i just thought it was crazy to sit here and think just because your car is turboed that the value trippled.... I never really understand why guys with mustang guys ask so much for used abused and raced out cars with a ton of mods.... Look over on ls1 tech you can buy head cam 400+ rwhp cars for lower than 10k..... you can spend a little bit more and get something that runs 10s all day long.... if your car was full out, had each and everything it needs to run well, built motor on top of built everything else, and was making at least double what its making now you might be able to get 15k out of it... i mean cobras are going for 20k now.. how much do you really think someone would pay for a car like yours?
Old 04-24-2008, 10:24 PM
dpstang98gt
2nd Gear Member

9k or 10k would be plenty to ask for that car.... its got pretty much nothing on it except for the TT kit.. the suspension is nothing nice, and its a freakin NPI... then on top of all that its not making much power at all.... if someone wants to spend a ton more than that on a car making 350 ill throw my motor in a NPI car and sell it for 15k.. it will make more power than your car andprobly run a better number.
that was pretty harsh man i was just asking for opinions not to get downgraded on what my car is, and what power it is making

well i just thought it was crazy to sit here and think just because your car is turboed that the value trippled.... I never really understand why guys with mustang guys ask so much for used abused and raced out cars with a ton of mods.... Look over on ls1 tech you can buy head cam 400+ rwhp cars for lower than 10k..... you can spend a little bit more and get something that runs 10s all day long.... if your car was full out, had each and everything it needs to run well, built motor on top of built everything else, and was making at least double what its making now you might be able to get 15k out of it... i mean cobras are going for 20k now.. how much do you really think someone would pay for a car like yours?
hmm well honestly im not saying your wrong but i looked for ls1s before i bought this car and never have a found a ls1 with 400+rwhp for under 10K$, that was high mileage or built to hell and back, and i never had said anything about i think it tripled in value (not real sure where u got that) and this car has NEVER since ive had with 30K miles ever been abused (not to sure where u got that one either slick) the oil was changed every 2k miles since ive had it and never had any issues with it besides a IAC valve (which is common from what i hear). And the car is making double the HP that it makes from the factory and is capable of alot more with the turn of ****. I have just been running it safe since ive had the TT on it 300 miles ago at 9psi.
Old 04-24-2008, 10:27 PM
dpstang98gt
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: kenv

Can you even tag & insure a car with a R title??[sm=smiley23.gif]
i have never even heard of such a thing, of cousre you can it is no different than any other car, idk maybe the state your from or something idk
Old 04-24-2008, 10:28 PM
dpstang98gt
2nd Gear Member

but i really didnt think it would be too much to ask to get 13k$ out of it but idk maybe im wrong
Old 04-26-2008, 01:54 PM
blackonblacksls
3rd Gear Member

but i really didnt think it would be too much to ask to get 13k$ out of it but idk maybe im wrong
i think so..
Old 04-26-2008, 03:02 PM
fausty
4th Gear Member

ive been reading the posts and i dont get why you would want to get rid of the car you just spent upwards of 5 grand to turbo charge and loose a big chunk of the money you put in it.you should have thought of that before ordering some turbos.
Old 04-26-2008, 05:46 PM
BlackMage
5th Gear Member

g/l with the sale if you do choose to sell it, but i would keep it!!!!
Old 04-26-2008, 05:50 PM
Fobra
Banned

dude, morons talk smack all the time, the name of the mustang game is condition. Yeah mustangs are a dime a dozen, so are fugged up ones, so if you got mods and its in great shape with no problems you ought to be able to get kbb private party plus about a 25% buy back in mods. If people dont want to pay, thats fine, they can have a ragged out stock pos. Just be paitient, people who know the value of good mods and owners who take care of their stuff dont mind paying more for a better car, its just trolls with no money who hassle you... so go on and "brushya shouldas off" and good luck with selling it. Im selling mine to, and its never even had a burn out, I know what the car is worth comparatively and Ive got 8k in mods.

Quick Reply: Thinking about Selling the 98 GT TT