4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

new here & have a few questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 09:13 PM
slow2kgt

Default new here & have a few questions

Hi all I got a 2000 mustang gt and looking to do a few upgrades.The only thing I have done so far is flowmaster cat back and c&L inlet pipe and a sound system. I am looking in toafter market intake manifold and headers mostly longtubes? Anyone have or try pacesetter lt's? also what gaskets are best? And what is a good intakemanifold?
thanks,
Brian
Old 05-14-2008, 10:43 PM
Zoie_daGT
5th Gear Member

Default RE: new here & have a few questions

As far as intake manifolds go, there are few for the 4.6L as of now. They will give you a minimal gain but, are stronger than the stock plastic one. You can get them from Texas Hotrods, TrickFlow, Logan Motorsports, Fox Lake P51, Professional Products, and soon BBK.

[align=left] [/align]
Old 05-14-2008, 11:13 PM
NotStok
3rd Gear Member

P51 ftw. I've seen a couple N/A cars get serious gains from that intake.

I've had nothing but problems with Pacesetter. Don't cheap yourself out and you'll be happy. I know my current setup isn't crazy expensive, but I trust the companies I bought from based on previous experiences. Pacesetter has always caused me headaches, haha.
Old 05-14-2008, 11:28 PM
SeanAndKate
3rd Gear Member

i try to go top of the line with my upgrades. thus why i have hardly any lol but i know ill be happy with what i get. im going hooker when i get headers but those arnt cheap lol from what iv heard BBK isnt bad but im not sure. i would spend a bit more get something known as a good brand doesnt have to be the most expensive but something that other people have been happy with. if i was you i would look into getting gears. there like 400 installed depending on where you live and from what i have heard people love them say its the best bang for you buck. but if you highway drive alot maybe not for you. i wasnt going to get gears but the more i hear about them the more i want them lol. if you not looking on bolt ons and want to upgrade engine a cam swap and headers will add 50+ horse after a tune. but thats a bit more cash then bolt ons
Old 05-14-2008, 11:35 PM
contentsunderpressur
5th Gear Member

BBK headers are great headers. I've had mine for three years and never blown a gasket. I'm not running those locking bolts either. Use the stock studs and nuts and you shouldn't have any problems. The studs makes the install a lot easier too because you just slide the gasket on the studs and then the header. There is no fighting to get them started like with the bolts. The factory nuts lock so you don't have to go back and retighten them either. Just tighten them to spec the first time and your done.