4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Lookin for revamp recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 07:35 AM
iraziel
2nd Gear Member

Default Lookin for revamp recommendations

I have a 03' GT manual (Not in sig), Hardtop,Maroon w/ black top. I had bought it used, and it came with a diablo tuner, and it looks like therewere indications that theprevious owner was running nitrious. It sounds like its cammed, it dosnt have CATs, it has a short throw and a shift light.

After a month or less, the motor was ticking/knocking. Tuned it back to stock settings and fill with premium gas (otherwise it'll knock/tick again).

In any case i dont know exactly what was done to this car, and the dealership has no idea. Needless to say im a little worried about modding it in its current condition (fear of the unknown[&:]). So what im planning on doing is replacing the the engine and ultimately making this a project car.

So what im asking from YOU -my fellow MFers- is where should i start and what route i should take? Open toany recommendations (block, F/I, suspension, weight reduction, ect.)

I've decided that i DO want this to be a street-able car, but i would like to take it to the strip andtrack OFTEN.
Old 05-21-2008, 08:50 AM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

Default RE: Lookin for revamp recommendations

You should really figure out what the condition of the motor is now. If you aren't capable of determining what's done, it might be worth a few pennies to get it down to a performance shop with a dyno and see what the story is.
Old 05-23-2008, 01:11 AM
iraziel
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Lookin for revamp recommendations

ORIGINAL: Dan04COBRA

You should really figure out what the condition of the motor is now. If you aren't capable of determining what's done, it might be worth a few pennies to get it down to a performance shop with a dyno and see what the story is.
LOL, well sir, the car is currently in CA. I was just told today that the car is stalling out when comming to/ at a stop. [&:]