4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2008, 02:13 AM
98MustangGT46
5th Gear Member

Default RE: exhaust

Nice. Definetly post clips sp we can hear.
Old 06-21-2008, 08:40 AM
72MachOne99GT
2010 Blue Ball Award Recipient

ORIGINAL: mustangman5089

ORIGINAL: stangman1976

I'm not a big fan of the raspy high pitch ricer sound of the slp myself. I prefer a deeper tone would have went flowmaster super 40's but I have mac o/r h and figure this will compliment it. I looked and listened to alot of exhausts b4 I bought one no offense to anyone with an slp but man that sound makes me want to puke. IMO thats not how a mustang should sound, just to ricer. maybe it was just the way each car was set up IDK. I love the deep sound of flowmaster but the mac sounds real nice also.
I LOLed at that. You got so offended that someone didn't like the same exhaust as you.
I've never heard a 4.6 stang that sounded like 4 cylinder. I actually ordered a MAC cb last summer because they sound awesome, but when I got it out of the box, the quality was just terrible compared to my SLP system. The welds look like they colored them with one of those metallic silver sharpie markers. Moral of the story, MAC sounds awesome, crap quality; SLP sounds nice if you have the right setup, absolutely amazing quality.
and I LOLed because you went right back and did the same thing..

get over it, not everyone likes the hollowed out mac/flows sound, and not everyone likes loud loud loud slp all the time

hell, not even everybody likes borla [8D][8D]
Old 06-21-2008, 08:49 AM
steve0914
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 72MachOne99GT

I'm not a big fan of the raspy high pitch ricer sound of the slp myself. I prefer a deeper tone would have went flowmaster super 40's but I have mac o/r h and figure this will compliment it. I looked and listened to alot of exhausts b4 I bought one no offense to anyone with an slp but man that sound makes me want to puke. IMO thats not how a mustang should sound, just to ricer. maybe it was just the way each car was set up IDK. I love the deep sound of flowmaster but the mac sounds real nice also.
I LOLed at that. You got so offended that someone didn't like the same exhaust as you.
I've never heard a 4.6 stang that sounded like 4 cylinder. I actually ordered a MAC cb last summer because they sound awesome, but when I got it out of the box, the quality was just terrible compared to my SLP system. The welds look like they colored them with one of those metallic silver sharpie markers. Moral of the story, MAC sounds awesome, crap quality; SLP sounds nice if you have the right setup, absolutely amazing quality.
and I LOLed because you went right back and did the same thing..

get over it, not everyone likes the hollowed out mac/flows sound, and not everyone likes loud loud loud slp all the time

hell, not even everybody likes borla [8D][8D]
yeah like me i hate borla's!!!
Old 06-21-2008, 09:09 AM
H0SS302
6th Gear Member

lol dont worry that guy gets all pissy about everything.. i have o/r x pipe and lm2s.... doesnt sound like a "ricer" to me. plain and simple mac is proble the WORST quality catback out there. i had one i speak from experience.
Old 06-21-2008, 09:17 AM
ackuric
4th Gear Member

My mac cat-back and mid pipe welds are perfect, quality is top knotch. My mac tips look 10x better than slp tips which just the tips alone from slp are ridiculously priced, and thats not an opinion, mmmhmm. Why support a company that charges outrageous prices, their products aren't that good little fella. I dont know where you get off saying mac has poor quality, everything in their system lined up and bolted up just fine for me, and has been on my car for over 2 yrs, driven through Colorado winters, and 0 sign of rust. Straight through exhausts have 0 muscle car sound, they may sound 'mean' but that is all based on taste and opinion. My chambered exhaust from an auto sounds better than my buddies 5spd w/ an x-pipe and slps, based on both of our opinions, and given the amount of compliments I get, and the 0 that he has gotten.
Old 06-21-2008, 09:23 AM
H0SS302
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ackuric

My mac cat-back and mid pipe welds are perfect, quality is top knotch. My mac tips look 10x better than slp tips which just the tips alone from slp are ridiculously priced, and thats not an opinion, mmmhmm. Why support a company that charges outrageous prices, their products aren't that good little fella. I dont know where you get off saying mac has poor quality, everything in their system lined up and bolted up just fine for me, and has been on my car for over 2 yrs, driven through Colorado winters, and 0 sign of rust. Straight through exhausts have 0 muscle car sound, they may sound 'mean' but that is all based on taste and opinion. My chambered exhaust from an auto sounds better than my buddies 5spd w/ an x-pipe and slps, based on both of our opinions, and given the amount of compliments I get, and the 0 that he has gotten.
lol well ur proble one of the few who dont have a mac that has jacked up tips that point different ways. SLP is more expensive cause its a SS exhaust. the mac SS exhaust is just as expensive lol...

Mac POS aluminized system 350 from THR

SLP SS LM2s 410 to my house from my local shop..... 60 bucks more for WAY better tips, SS piping and better quality. and if u honestly think macs tips are better ur smokin rocks lol
Old 06-21-2008, 09:24 AM
I G Joe
5th Gear Member

this is why everyone doesnt have the same car/color/mods its all a matter of opinion and we all will build our cars different. im sure your car will sound nice, like most mustangs do with exhaust. im sure SLP is a high quality product but i loved my magnapacks way more. The borlas that my Mach came with arent all that bad but i think SLP is a lil much for exhaust it doesnt have the tone that I like.
Old 06-21-2008, 09:26 AM
H0SS302
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: I G Joe

this is why everyone doesnt have the same car/color/mods its all a matter of opinion and we all will build our cars different. im sure your car will sound nice, like most mustangs do with exhaust. im sure SLP is a high quality product but i loved my magnapacks way more. The borlas that my Mach came with arent all that bad but i think SLP is a lil much for exhaust it doesnt have the tone that I like.
shut up joe ur opinion doesnt count anymore haha...

hows that 4v treating ya?
Old 06-21-2008, 09:27 AM
I G Joe
5th Gear Member

lol you guys, just give it up. you are arguing over the internet rofl.

also HOSS302's stang will beat yours ACKURIC
Old 06-21-2008, 09:29 AM
H0SS302
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: I G Joe

lol you guys, just give it up. you are arguing over the internet rofl.

also HOSS302's stang will beat yours ACKURIC
Damn right hahaha...red cars UNITE!

Quick Reply: exhaust