4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Help!! O/R Prochamber or O/R H Pipe?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 01:54 AM
SonicBlueGT02

Default Help!! O/R Prochamber or O/R H Pipe?

im still trying to decide whether i should go with the mac o/r h pipe, or the mac o/r prochamber. if anyone can help me out please feel free to. im trying to make my desicion soon. i have the money to buy the part and its killing me not knowing what to get. which one is going to sound better, louder, deeper? thanks.
Old 07-22-2008, 02:06 AM
98MustangGT46
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Help!! O/R Prochamber or O/R H Pipe?

Im pretty sure that the pro chamber will be deeper. It also depend on what cat back you have or are getting.
Old 07-22-2008, 03:13 AM
03FstStngKB
2nd Gear Member

I have the Mac O/R H and 40's Flowmaster. Sounds pretty damn good to me. Before I got mine I was pretty much in the same dilemma. One thing I can tell you is that if you go with the prochamber...it will be quieter but more deeperfrom what I hear people say on the forum. I was quite shocked how quiet(er) the flows are with the H-pipe. I mean don't get me wrong they are loud enough to draw attention but there are a lot of more set-up's out there that are a lot louder...like SLP's and the such. Just make sure you go with something chambered if you get an H-pipe...they tend to sound better than theX-pipe with the same set-up. If your going with more of a straight thru muffler than go X. That it is what I have heard to work the best.
Old 07-22-2008, 08:52 AM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

O/R X pipe FTW!!! but if i had to pick from the 2, probably the H pipe. i hear the prochambers are kinda quiet...and i like loud.
Old 07-22-2008, 09:12 AM
pikuoff
2nd Gear Member

I have the O/R Prochamber. It's loud when you want it to be and quiet when you need it to be. I have the MAC Catback to go with it.

I would say we could meet up and you could check it out since you are nearby but I just dropped my car off at the body shop today to fix my little wrecksident from this weekend and I don't think I'll have it back for a week or so.

I like the sound of both but a few videos on Youtube sold me on the ProChamber and I got a good deal on it.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:09 AM
memphissfinest
2nd Gear Member

IMHO, I like the sound of the O/R Prochamber that I had on my car a lot better than the X pipe I have on it now. Only complaint was that it wasn't loud enough for my tastes even though everyone said it was loud. With that being said my O/R Prochamber is for sale!
Old 07-22-2008, 10:15 AM
MJH78
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: memphissfinest

IMHO, I like the sound of the O/R Prochamber that I had on my car a lot better than the X pipe I have on it now. Only complaint was that it wasn't loud enough for my tastes even though everyone said it was loud. With that being said my O/R Prochamber is for sale!
How much?
Old 07-22-2008, 10:59 AM
MoKo_04GT
4th Gear Member

depends on what mufflers you plan on using...but my vote goes to the H.
Old 07-23-2008, 01:40 AM
SonicBlueGT02

how much do you wanna sell it for? im very interested.
Old 07-23-2008, 07:45 AM
bt1288
3rd Gear Member

I've got shorty headers with the o/rprochamber and Mac catback and it's plenty loud. I get alot of compliments on the sound.

Quick Reply: Help!! O/R Prochamber or O/R H Pipe?