4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

had a close race (almost ashamed to admit it)

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 03:30 PM
01GT4.6
6th Gear Member

Default had a close race (almost ashamed to admit it)

I went out the other day riding around with a friend and we pull up to a local hang out. I tried to get a couple guys to race me (03 cobra, Lightning,Camaro & a TA) but they didn't want to. They had a guy with a turbo Civic and a guy with an turbo Eclipse, they both said they'd run me. Well because I hate setting up an actual street race (because of the cops seeing a trail of cars going somewhere, not because of safety... because we go out to a highway with little to no traffic) I told them I'd race the faster of the 2. They along with everyone else agree the civic is faster. So we head out to our spot and run. We went probably just over an 1/8 mile (because we were headed back towards the people and needed enough time to stop, pick my friend up and hall *** out) and I didn't get him by much. Granted I didn't spray but I was still shocked at the outcome. My friend said he thought I had him by about 6 cars, I thought it was more like 3 or 4. When we launched I jumped him by about 2 cars the SLOWLY started pulling.
I didn't wait around so never got a chance to find out what motor he had. If I had to guess it was probably a low 13 second Civic. Just thought I share.
Old 07-22-2008, 03:34 PM
mylongvictor
5th Gear Member

Default RE: had a close race (almost ashamed to admit it)

I'm going to quickly post a reply before this thread gets moved... lol

But nice kill! Love it when cars with engines smaller then a 2.0 litter bottle of soda want to come out and play!!! lol
Old 07-22-2008, 03:38 PM
01GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mylongvictor

But nice kill! Love it when cars with engines smaller then a 2.0 litter bottle of soda want to come out and play!!! lol
yeah I'm sure it'll get moved but if someone post a thread like "mustang vs civic, who will win" it stays.
Old 07-22-2008, 03:41 PM
2000AZ5.0GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mylongvictor

that's when i just tell the guy in the civic that my blower displaces more than his engine[8D]
Old 07-22-2008, 08:02 PM
SVTeeshirt
5th Gear Member

meh thats not really that bad, a turboed civic should be running LOW 13s with an LS swap if its turboed.. depending on turbos and whatnot.. if its a GSR he should be breaking the 12.8s again depending on the turbo,but was this from a dig or a roll?
Old 07-22-2008, 08:26 PM
01GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SVTeeshirt

meh thats not really that bad, a turboed civic should be running LOW 13s with an LS swap if its turboed.. depending on turbos and whatnot.. if its a GSR he should be breaking the 12.8s again depending on the turbo,but was this from a dig or a roll?
dig.
Old 07-22-2008, 08:30 PM
avlon06
5th Gear Member

im assuming you have h/c/i done maybe?
Old 07-22-2008, 08:32 PM
art02gt
3rd Gear Member

Nice kill. Just if you can, keep it off the streets.
Old 07-22-2008, 08:56 PM
sstang
5th Gear Member

For a civic to keep up with your car from a DIG is pretty crazy. I have seen how your car takes off. What kind of wheels and tires did the civic have? I would have figured you would have put 5 cars on him by 3rd gear. A roll may have been a really close race!
Old 07-22-2008, 09:07 PM
01GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: avalon06

im assuming you have h/c/i done maybe?
you are correct, sir.

ORIGINAL: art02gt

Nice kill. Just if you can, keep it off the streets.
true. I'm a fan of going to the strip, but in this case he and I were the only ones that could have gotten hurt. Neither of us had a passenger and there were no cars on the road and everyone watching were about an 1/8 mile from where we shut it down. That's why I didn't go a full 1/4 mile.

ORIGINAL: sstang

For a civic to keep up with your car from a DIG is pretty crazy. I have seen how your car takes off. What kind of wheels and tires did the civic have? I would have figured you would have put 5 cars on him by 3rd gear. A roll may have been a really close race!
I didn't look his car over, I knew I would win, just didn't think it would have been that close. He must have had sticky tires to somewhat hang with my car from a dig. My car pulls crazy from a roll so it would have probably been close to the same result... but who knows?

Quick Reply: had a close race (almost ashamed to admit it)